hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 249 of 266 FirstFirst ... 149199239246247248249250251252259 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 5319

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even Best Korea is safe

I blame governments for not taxing rich people, more than blaming rich people for not volunteering to give money to the government. Nobody does that. If I was filthy rich, I'd probably do a foundation and decide how to benefit the world before trusting the US government to do something productive with my money.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    I blame governments for not taxing rich people, more than blaming rich people for not volunteering to give money to the government. Nobody does that. If I was filthy rich, I'd probably do a foundation and decide how to benefit the world before trusting the US government to do something productive with my money.
    They're one in the same though. They've been writing the rules as long as most of us have been alive. To actually tax them more you'll need to power through all the obstacles they've set up in the political system, along with the objections of their mewling supporters

Also "charity better, US govt wasteful rabble rabble" is what happens when you've ingested all the austerity talking points but still want to be woke/socially progressive in some way. The US govt already does a lot given its constraints, the problem is it does not do enough

Warren Buffett has called for higher taxes on the rich. Hasn't resulted in any.

I am not saying charity replaces government spending, I'm saying if I was rich, I would do my own charity work before donating money to the government beyond my tax obligation.

I, of course, support raising taxes on the wealthy.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Yeah fuck Bill Gates, it shouldn't be remarkable that someone who was a piece of shit gives some of his money back to the populace. Better than Bezos, but I don't recall him lobbying the population to not let wealth like his wxist in the first place. People are still enslaved or starving in his own country, problems like that don't exist to such an extent in the richest (for a little while longer at least) country on Earth if you have no billioniares. I suppose take it from him last if he's so nice about giving away pennies from his hoard.
    yeah fuck bill gates for erm

*checks notes*

spending a fucking shitton of money improving women and childrens lives across the globe

get a grip, the fuck have you done that matters on your time/money vs his

yes he was some IT nerd at the time that IT nerds made loads of money, and yes some of his business has been dodgy along the way. on the other hand, his foundation has directly saved or improved millions upon millions of peoples lives

reductionists like yourselves are so insufferable sometimes - he hasn't solved all the worlds ills so fuck him for even trying?
    If he had paid proper taxes and not ran a monopoly perhaps he'd not have to spend billions out of his pile of hundreds of billions to fix things? Hurr durr he's so rich and nice. Yes my money should fix the world too, except I am not a magic rich man with more money than I should ever have, while people are fucking starving this dude is waltzing around spending a small portion of his fortune. Please, defend him and the rest of them more though.
    im not defending them all - people like bezo's are cancer for society, but you're picking a very odd hill to die on for giving gates crap. a small fortune? are you fucking kidding? or are you this angry about *the world* that you just don't have perspective anymore?

Yeah fuck Bill Gates, it shouldn't be remarkable that someone who was a piece of shit gives some of his money back to the populace. Better than Bezos, but I don't recall him lobbying the population to not let wealth like his wxist in the first place. People are still enslaved or starving in his own country, problems like that don't exist to such an extent in the richest (for a little while longer at least) country on Earth if you have no billioniares. I suppose take it from him last if he's so nice about giving away pennies from his hoard.

*checks notes*

spending a fucking shitton of money improving women and childrens lives across the globe

yes he was some IT nerd at the time that IT nerds made loads of money, and yes some of his business has been dodgy along the way. on the other hand, his foundation has directly saved or improved millions upon millions of peoples lives

reductionists like yourselves are so insufferable sometimes - he hasn't solved all the worlds ills so fuck him for even trying?
    If he had paid proper taxes and not ran a monopoly perhaps he'd not have to spend billions out of his pile of hundreds of billions to fix things? Hurr durr he's so rich and nice. Yes my money should fix the world too, except I am not a magic rich man with more money than I should ever have, while people are fucking starving this dude is waltzing around spending a small portion of his fortune. Please, defend him and the rest of them more though.
    im not defending them all - people like bezo's are cancer for society, but you're picking a very odd hill to die on for giving gates crap. a small fortune? are you fucking kidding? or are you this angry about *the world* that you just don't have perspective anymore?
    fun fact, Gate's fortune is now larger than when he pledged to give most of it away.

so no, bill does not get a pass for doing the minimum that can be expected of a reasonable human being.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

*checks notes*

fun fact, Gate's fortune is now larger than when he pledged to give most of it away.

so no, bill does not get a pass for doing the minimum that can be expected of a reasonable human being.
    Have you met human beings?
    meh

The idea that he's nbd because he's just "one rich guy" is patently absurd. The whole problem is that he's one extremely rich and powerful guy.

The Gates Foundation is also an org that pushes charter schools to dismantle the American public education system and its unions, so you've really got to be a rube to be taken in so easily by this guy.
    Last edited by mewninn; September 5 2020 at 06:15:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

The idea that he's nbd because he's just "one rich guy" is patently absurd. The whole problem is that he's one extremely rich and powerful guy.

The Gates Foundation is also an org that pushes charter schools to dismantle the American public education system and its unions, so you've really got to be a rube to be taken in so easily by this guy.
    yeah, the right wing Gates bullshit as usual misses the mark and goes for a useless made up issue while the real issues of why Gates sucks are swept aside by the charity doing things that are nice. It's not like Microsoft is not just like the rest exploiting the areas and people of the world hes going to help. Pretending Gates is unique and that it excuses him is insane. Do a little research before assuming he's a great man.

Also Dorvil, they don't just not volunteer to give money to government, and i don't see buffet actively fighting for taxes on his wealth. He's quite happy to go along knowing it may never happen. I ask you again. Someone that rich has the power to feed or house millions of Americans. They don't, they won't, they never will. While he has more wealth than he'd ever need, kids die from cancer treatments not being available, lack of food security, etc etc. Thats in his own country. Now imagine how little of a fuck he cares about a kid in Africa lol. This seems like the mark of a decent or respectable human being? Asking middle class Americans to donate to causes instead of seizing this absurd wealth from bezos and the rest is fucking madness.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

yeah, the right wing Gates bullshit as usual misses the mark and goes for a useless made up issue while the real issues of why Gates sucks are swept aside by the charity doing things that are nice. It's not like Microsoft is not just like the rest exploiting the areas and people of the world hes going to help. Pretending Gates is unique and that it excuses him is insane. Do a little research before assuming he's a great man.

Also Dorvil, they don't just not volunteer to give money to government, and i don't see buffet actively fighting for taxes on his wealth. He's quite happy to go along knowing it may never happen. I ask you again. Someone that rich has the power to feed or house millions of Americans. They don't, they won't, they never will. While he has more wealth than he'd ever need, kids die from cancer treatments not being available, lack of food security, etc etc. Thats in his own country. Now imagine how little of a fuck he cares about a kid in Africa lol. This seems like the mark of a decent or respectable human being? Asking middle class Americans to donate to causes instead of seizing this absurd wealth from bezos and the rest is fucking madness.
    listen to your fucking self for christs sake

This.

Jack, calm down, take a breath and just...calm the fuck down mate. I mean this in a caring way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

*checks notes*

Lol... Most charitable foundations are self sustaining (or even make a small profit to expand)...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post

This.

Jack, calm down, take a breath and just...calm the fuck down mate. I mean this in a caring way!
    >When even the leftist echo chamber of FHC tells you to calm your passion...

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

This.

To be fair, for a leftist echo chamber, FHC has a remarkably high number of rightwing stooges masquerading around. v0v
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush
    idiotic posts out of context

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

This.

To be fair, for a leftist echo chamber, FHC has a remarkably high number of rightwing stooges masquerading around. v0v
    I try to be very aware of my inherent bias, and am comfortable with being labeled a socialist, as it hides my real agenda.
    An agenda that has everyone on both sides of the aisles in all branches of government quaking.

One day the United States will catch up to the rest of the world, and use ... the metric system.

I wait for the day when the US will wake up and rename the imperial system to Freedom Units or Liberty Measurements
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    I wait for the day when the US will wake up and rename the imperial system to Freedom Units or Liberty Measurements
    this will literally happen the moment any metric movement gets off the ground.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    I'm not sure pivoting the "debate" towards metric vs freedom units is the wisest move...

Yelling calm down instead of actually replying to points brought up is a great tactic, definitely convinced me that you had a point and could argue the reasons I don't think anything Gates has done is remarkable. But yes I will calm down because typing words on the internet truly enraged me

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    this will literally happen the moment any metric movement gets off the ground.
    The us already uses the metric system to some extent. Its probably true that trump doesn't know about it