hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 268 of 298 FirstFirst ... 168218258265266267268269270271278 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 5949

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even primates are safe

brrrrrrr

nono no no nono no

it is fine to "brrrrrr" for a banking pandemic, but obviously not for a peasant one

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    And I got it easy compared to most. I had some savings, have no kids, no loans or rent to pay (moved back home to save money). Now imagine all the folks that do not have these "advantages" (who woulda thought my tactic of having nothing would pay off, heh).

So while I do understand people who are annoyed by people who focus more on economics than health, it IS a fucking serious problem that is getting worse day by day. This virus will fuck up many more people indirectly than directly. Grrr. All solutions are basically different shades of bad.
    Deal with the medical emergency and provide a safety net for the economic one. Provide stimulus for a recovery that shifts the world closer to a carbon neutral future.

It's not fucking complex. It is however fucking unlikely to be implemented.
    It actually is, there comes a point where many countries will find it difficult to borrow more.
    Oh look a jaunty maymay

oh look, an enemy of the people

Just keep printing more money, worked for Zimbabwe. RIP uncle bob

May as well give modern monetary theory a go for a bit.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Hyperinflation is caused not just by the printing of money, but by some fundamental issue with the economy, usually a supply issue. You reach a point of "too much money in the economy" when there's a scarcity of goods and services to put money into, so that money starts chasing those goods and accelerating the inflation. Zimbabwe is especially famous for this because Bobby helped to demolish the productivity of their agricultural sector

With Brawndo coming coming out of the taps and funko pops being air dropped by Amazon drone, there's no reason to believe that the price of goods will begin to accelerate out of control anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Hyperinflation is caused not just by the printing of money, but by some fundamental issue with the economy, usually a supply issue. You reach a point of "too much money in the economy" when there's a scarcity of goods and services to put money into, so that money starts chasing those goods and accelerating the inflation. Zimbabwe is especially famous for this because Bobby helped to demolish the productivity of their agricultural sector

With Brawndo coming coming out of the taps and funko pops being air dropped by Amazon drone, there's no reason to believe that the price of goods will begin to accelerate out of control anytime soon.
    QE has been in full swing for a decade and there is no inflation. Commodity prices are going down if anything.

So when your landlord wants to put rent up citing inflation your moral obligation is to throw nitric acid in his face.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Weird that my landlord wants to increase my rent by inflation but my employer won't raise my pay in line with inflation
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

QE has been in full swing for a decade and there is no inflation. Commodity prices are going down if anything.

So when your landlord wants to put rent up citing inflation your moral obligation is to throw nitric acid in his face.
    No inflation? Have you seen the price of assets, which is exactly where all the printed money went?

It's been a 10 year bull market. No inflation my arse.

He's talking CPI, because my point and his is that there is room to add money at the bottom of the economy without overheating it in most countries.

It's certainly true in Australia: we literally doubled the amount people on welfare got paid and it made zero difference.

yes more printing money, daddy needs hyperinflation for his exxon stocks

You can't add money to the bottom of society, that might actually help people!

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    You can't add money to the bottom of society, that might actually help people!
    Been passing out that govt cash to friends that got axed. Can't wait for my boss to ponder the fact they housed me rent free 2 decades now (on and off) and we might lose everything. Got real loud about Obama's cost to the taxpayers. lol.

MAGA hat/crucifix grandparent popped positive. 2 out of 3 this year ain't bad. Parents are in play here though. Glad I'm off today.

Less than 1% positivity rate isn't bad. And if they are asymptomatic they will not shed to much virus.

And btw we do want to kill the grandma (after she votes) so there is more money in the pension fund left for those who survive.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I'm not a scientist but perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Less than 1% positivity rate isn't bad. And if they are asymptomatic they will not shed to much virus.

And btw we do want to kill the grandma (after she votes) so there is more money in the pension fund left for those who survive.
    So far all the track and trace in Finland seems to show that children aren't a real vector for spread. Considering that just about none of the children use masks or keep any sort of distances this is really good thing.

University studends on the other hand have been over-represented in spreading beervirus. I also don't look forward to coming xmas season, where traditionally adolecents get drunk with workmates / whoever almost every weekend in november and december.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post

So far all the track and trace in Finland seems to show that children aren't a real vector for spread. Considering that just about none of the children use masks or keep any sort of distances this is really good thing.

University studends on the other hand have been over-represented in spreading beervirus. I also don't look forward to coming xmas season, where traditionally adolecents get drunk with workmates / whoever almost every weekend in november and december.
    The miasma surrounds us. Mind your honors or whatever.

Good luck out there.
    Last edited by Arkaday; November 1 2020 at 06:06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post

The miasma surrounds us. Mind your honors or whatever.

Good luck out there.
    So far Finland is doing quite fine, while continental europe is burning... But the situation can go from good to war time triage pretty quickly...