hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 262 of 278 FirstFirst ... 162212252259260261262263264265272 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 5551

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even Best Korea is safe

They have accidentally deleted your file and now it is quarantine for life for you :kafka:

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    They have accidentally deleted your file and now it is quarantine for life for you :kafka:
    That's what I sort of suspect for my colleague/housemate. He has neither gotten a letter nor have they called about the test result.
    nevar forget

Slovenia is pretty much going into lockdown. Curfew in effect from 21-6. No bars, no leaving the region, masks mandatory outside etc ...

I think the curfew is a bit extreme but otoh if people are stupid then that's what it takes (i also think our pm is living his authotorian dream). i managed to fuck off to Greece for 2 weeks on the day they started enacting all of it so vOv. I just hope the measures work.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    That's what I sort of suspect for my colleague/housemate. He has neither gotten a letter nor have they called about the test result.
    Now that I dwelled on that thought, it wouldn't be half bad. No pesky students or parents to deal with...

The timing of the quarantine just sucked a bit as it was enacted two days before a two week fall break.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Best regards from Belgrade Zeekar, enjoy the seaside.

Here they have finely announced the new government coalition (everyone, since all real opposition boycotted the election or failed to get over 3% thresholds) and imagine that, infected numbers are skyrocketing. On the very same day...

They have been fudging the official numbers here so much all this time that I fear we will never know how many really died.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Why does it need to be that complicated
    Because it's Germany?

Two new peer-reviewed studies are showing a sharp drop in mortality among hospitalized COVID-19 patients. The drop is seen in all groups, including older patients and those with underlying conditions, suggesting that physicians are getting better at helping patients survive their illness.

"We find that the death rate has gone down substantially," says Leora Horwitz, a doctor who studies population health at New York University's Grossman School of Medicine and an author on one of the studies, which looked at thousands of patients from March to August.

The study, which was of a single health system, finds that mortality has dropped among hospitalized patients by 18 percentage points since the pandemic began. Patients in the study had a 25.6% chance of dying at the start of the pandemic; they now have a 7.6% chance.

That's a big improvement, but 7.6% is still a high risk compared with other diseases, and Horwitz and other researchers caution that COVID-19 remains dangerous.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-death-rates
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Why does it need to be that complicated
    Because it's Germany?

Two new peer-reviewed studies are showing a sharp drop in mortality among hospitalized COVID-19 patients. The drop is seen in all groups, including older patients and those with underlying conditions, suggesting that physicians are getting better at helping patients survive their illness.

"We find that the death rate has gone down substantially," says Leora Horwitz, a doctor who studies population health at New York University's Grossman School of Medicine and an author on one of the studies, which looked at thousands of patients from March to August.

The study, which was of a single health system, finds that mortality has dropped among hospitalized patients by 18 percentage points since the pandemic began. Patients in the study had a 25.6% chance of dying at the start of the pandemic; they now have a 7.6% chance.

That's a big improvement, but 7.6% is still a high risk compared with other diseases, and Horwitz and other researchers caution that COVID-19 remains dangerous.
    Yeah, it's a remarkable improvement, but still leads to overwhelemed hospital systems and restricts most sane peoples desire to go out and do mass gathering or indoor events. If it was down to 1-2 percent things might change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

That is pretty much the same reasoning Lothar Wieler, head of the Robert Koch Institut (think: Germany's CDC) gave to a question asked this Sunday in a longer TV-Interview (see below).

Fun fact: he's a veterinarian by profession, which seems a bit strange at first glance. He then explained that vets, with the exception of specialized epidemiologists, have the best epidemiological education among doctors, because that's one of the most dangerous scenarios with animal populations and the potential spreading to humans. Vets also look at the (animal) population as a whole in this cases, not at the individual animal.

Spoiler:

In news that shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone the Murican official corona death tolls are probably 50%ish off:
    https://www.usnews.com/news/national...lts-aged-25-44

Excess deaths compared to previous years gives about 300k deaths, while the official tally is still in the 200k territority.

Im not sure, whether I should laugh or cry.

I had no calls today about whether my quarantine ended or not. Last night my colleague got a mail from a parent: the health department informed her, that anyone who hasnt been called yet is negative and their quarantine ended.

Today we learned that another parent was emailed a list from the health department with the test results of everyone in that class. My colleague is right now trying to figure out what sort of list that is.

Our principal is supposedly dealing with the legal side of that list.
    nevar forget

I‘m not sure, whether I should laugh or cry.

I had no calls today about whether my quarantine ended or not. Last night my colleague got a mail from a parent: the health department informed her, that anyone who hasn’t been called yet is negative and their quarantine ended.
    This seems like excessive caution and rule-abiding, even for a German! (Sorry.) The normal quarantine period is over. You've been told you're negative. If you want to go out, go out.

Im not sure, whether I should laugh or cry.

I had no calls today about whether my quarantine ended or not. Last night my colleague got a mail from a parent: the health department informed her, that anyone who hasnt been called yet is negative and their quarantine ended.

Today we learned that another parent was emailed a list from the health department with the test results of everyone in that class. My colleague is right now trying to figure out what sort of list that is.

Our principal is supposedly dealing with the legal side of that list.
    Aber ordung sei?

Not like the demic has been ongoing for 10 months now and people had and knew protocols for stuff like this...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post

I had no calls today about whether my quarantine ended or not. Last night my colleague got a mail from a parent: the health department informed her, that anyone who hasn’t been called yet is negative and their quarantine ended.
    This seems like excessive caution and rule-abiding, even for a German! (Sorry.) The normal quarantine period is over. You've been told you're negative. If you want to go out, go out.
    DAS IST VERBOTEN!

DAS IST VERBOTEN!
    ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN!
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

DAS IST VERBOTEN!
    ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN!
    That, or well, perhaps just "Better safe than sorry" wouldn't you lot agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

DAS IST VERBOTEN!
    ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN!
    That, or well, perhaps just "Better safe than sorry" wouldn't you lot agree?
    You're right of course. But we are just having fun with the cultural differences. No English (or American) would worry about this. Ofc, that's why so many of us are dead.

Y'all are ignoring the blatant breach of the GDPR?

And I'm ignoring whatever they are saying and going out again. I'm more annoyed with their inability to properly follow procedure.

But sure

Verboten nein nein nein!

Good?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Pffft privacy shmivacy - and it's only personal medical data. Not like it's protected specifically in gdpr provisions or anything, right?

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    In news that shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone the Murican official corona death tolls are probably 50%ish off:
    https://www.usnews.com/news/national...lts-aged-25-44

Excess deaths compared to previous years gives about 300k deaths, while the official tally is still in the 200k territority.
    Nbs