hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 259 of 278 FirstFirst ... 159209249256257258259260261262269 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 5551

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even Best Korea is safe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    Wish for covid to be gone soon.. so my employer can stop forcing us to wear masks at work in a country where masks are voluntary.
    Makes me want to quit my work but then i realize i hate filling the unemployment paperwork and i calm down my inner karen
    As someone who's quarantined right now because people can't follow simple rules ... I have no sympathy for you.
    This!

Get wrecked moron, wear the mask and pray we dont have to go further. We have been living in absolute luxury compared to the rest of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Wouldnt even have to even be talking about (semi) lockdowns if people in the West were just a little less fucking dumb (governments included). Jesus christ the contrast is appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Wouldnt even have to even be talking about (semi) lockdowns if people in the West were just a little less fucking dumb (governments included). Jesus christ the contrast is appalling.
    You're just jealous of all our freedumb!

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

We wouldn't need rolling lockdowns in the UK if we had a functional test and trace system to show for 12 billion quid we apparently just handed to some tory donors.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Wish for covid to be gone soon.. so my employer can stop forcing us to wear masks at work in a country where masks are voluntary.
    Makes me want to quit my work but then i realize i hate filling the unemployment paperwork and i calm down my inner karen
    As someone who's quarantined right now because people can't follow simple rules ... I have no sympathy for you.
    This!

Get wrecked moron, wear the mask and pray we dont have to go further. We have been living in absolute luxury compared to the rest of the world.
    Dude just needed a bit of venting and you're going at him like he infected your nans about it. Everyone just take a chill pill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Dude just needed a bit of venting and you're going at him like he infected your nans about it. Everyone just take a chill pill.
    How about fuck no. Tired of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    How about fuck no. Tired of these morons everywhere.
    So him being annoyed at wearing a mask is being dumb.
    Well you be you and rage all about it.

Pretty fucking different from saying "wearing a mask isn't fun but you do you smart boy.

Covid: Sage scientists called for short lockdown weeks ago
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54518002

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    We wouldn't need rolling lockdowns in the UK if we had a functional test and trace system to show for 12 billion quid we apparently just handed to some tory donors.
    We wouldn't need a rolling lockdown if people did what they were told. It's easy enough to blame the failure on TTT and 'the government'. People contacted by TTT aren't isolating.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    We wouldn't need a rolling lockdown if people did what they were told. It's easy enough to blame the failure on TTT and 'the government'. People contacted by TTT aren't isolating.
    not true... you could be a worker in a pub or an office or whatever following all of the guidance and still be contacted by TTT because of a coworker or whatever. I do get slightly annoyed by people saying the guidance is complicated
    though... just go on your local council website or the UK gov coronavirus pages and spend 5 mins reading it.

even more annoyed by people saying 'well dominic didn't follow it so why should i' or 'that snp woman didn't follow it so why should i' - if dominic whipped out his micro-dick and stuck it in a fire, would you? take some personal responsibility ffs.

Most local outbreaks seem to originate in work places. Maybe if business owners did what they were told we wouldn't need a rolling lockdown. It's easy enough to blame the failure on individuals and 'young people'. Workplaces make it impossible for the poorest workers to isolate.
    Last edited by Keckers; October 13 2020 at 04:23:50 AM.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

People would be more likely to do what they are told if governments weren't a bunch of self-serving fuckers, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    World Health Organization CONDEMS lockdowns! How many deaths are acceptable to protect the economy?

The World Health Organisation has backflipped on its original COVID-19 stance after calling for world leaders to stop locking down their countries and economies.
    Dr. David Nabarro from the WHO appealed to world leaders yesterday, telling them to stop “using lockdowns as your primary control method” of the coronavirus.
    He also claimed that the only thing lockdowns achieved was poverty – with no mention of the potential lives saved.
    “Lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer,” he said.
    None of the bolded parts of yours are actually what the WHO stated in that quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    World Health Organization CONDEMS lockdowns! How many deaths are acceptable to protect the economy?

The World Health Organisation has backflipped on its original COVID-19 stance after calling for world leaders to stop locking down their countries and economies.
    Dr. David Nabarro from the WHO appealed to world leaders yesterday, telling them to stop “using lockdowns as your primary control method” of the coronavirus.
    He also claimed that the only thing lockdowns achieved was poverty – with no mention of the potential lives saved.
    “Lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer,” he said.
    None of the bolded parts of yours are actually what the WHO stated in that quote.
    The quote can easily be argued as a condemnation of lockdowns, the 2nd sentence is CC's comment on the quote and not presented as being WHO's view. Happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

The quote can easily be argued as a condemnation of lockdowns, the 2nd sentence is CC's comment on the quote and not presented as being WHO's view. Happy to help.
    There's a part in the quote that's repeated twice: poverty. If anything, that's what the quote condemns - or rather yet - the inaction of the society about doing someting about it. That's my personal interpretation of it, of course.

So let's not implement lockdowns instead of making people not poor.

GOTCHA

Poverty only matters when everyone else is stopped from constantly consuming commodities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    This!

Ok fine. I get that. But also, wear your mask, but I too hope you wont have to for much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

fwiw, you're gonna get more Janeway and Lark type sentiments very soon. The communication by western experts over covid has been a disaster. First it was far too complacent, now its become very mopey and fatalistic with the "no return to normal" rhetoric. Even if that's 100% true (and I have my questions about that), this will continue to harm public trust because there isn't an infinite willingness to make these sacrifices with no end in sight

I think it's a bit similar to the climate catastrophism that sweeps up experts and our resident lefties. The normie has probably concluded that since the planet is fucked either way, why bother sacrificing? May as well keep oinking out at that trough, why not. There's certainly a point where you can be too depressing and people will decide to check out of the fight.

The expert-level and political communications in the Asia/Pacific was far more cautious at the beginning, but they also communicated that this was a fight that could be decisively won. They decided to trust their population and bring them into the fight fully. And they have done a wonderful job compared to the rest of the OECD nations.
    Last edited by mewninn; October 13 2020 at 06:20:34 PM.