hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 342 of 359 FirstFirst ... 242292332339340341342343344345352 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 7172

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even AZ is safe

  1. #6821
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Slovenia is going in lockdown on 1.4 for 11 days because of Easter and the UK variant causing infections to spike. Even tho the situation in hospitals is stable.
    The UK variant is not only more transmissible, it's more deadly. Infections spiking means hospitalisations will spike about 5-7 days later and deaths shortly after that.
    Its been spiking for 14 days. Our elderly are mostly vaccinated. There has been a bump in hospitalizations but it has stabilized. The specifics of the lockdown are retarded, the communication around it even more so. But in the end some stricter restrictions are probably necessary.

    @Jack we are currently under at around 1/3 from our peak hospital admissions. We wont probably see such a dramatic spike again (vaccinations and people who already got over covid present a significant number of people). So no I dont expect a hospital overflow... But feel free to presume what you want of what I learned or didnt learn...
    So letting it spike again further is a solution? I just don't think it's a surprise a more deadly and transmissible variant is out there and people not following common sense is a given now during this, so a lockdown is the other option. Guess the fatigue makes sense but people dying from this is never going to be mroe acceptable because people are tired of lockdowns. 11 days out of this whole past year of bullshit hardly seems like a big deal.

  2. #6822
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Lol jesus christ
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  3. #6823
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,661
    There are other options between fully locking down the country and doing nothing tho. And truth be told i'm just ticked off by the government inability to form a coherent thought and do something right for a change. All though if this actually helps I'm willing to deal with it but with such massive spread of the virus in the population it seems unlikely.

    Maybe I also havent been clear. New infections also appear to have stabilized.


    

  4. #6824
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Slovenia is going in lockdown on 1.4 for 11 days because of Easter and the UK variant causing infections to spike. Even tho the situation in hospitals is stable.
    The UK variant is not only more transmissible, it's more deadly. Infections spiking means hospitalisations will spike about 5-7 days later and deaths shortly after that.
    Its been spiking for 14 days. Our elderly are mostly vaccinated. There has been a bump in hospitalizations but it has stabilized. The specifics of the lockdown are retarded, the communication around it even more so. But in the end some stricter restrictions are probably necessary.

    @Jack we are currently under at around 1/3 from our peak hospital admissions. We wont probably see such a dramatic spike again (vaccinations and people who already got over covid present a significant number of people). So no I dont expect a hospital overflow... But feel free to presume what you want of what I learned or didnt learn...
    So letting it spike again further is a solution? I just don't think it's a surprise a more deadly and transmissible variant is out there and people not following common sense is a given now during this, so a lockdown is the other option. Guess the fatigue makes sense but people dying from this is never going to be mroe acceptable because people are tired of lockdowns. 11 days out of this whole past year of bullshit hardly seems like a big deal.


  5. #6825
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,440
    You can fuck off too with that retarded meme shit, Lark.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  6. #6826
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Portugal, laaaa
    Posts
    6,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    You can fuck off too with that retarded meme shit, Lark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

  7. #6827

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    14,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    So letting it spike again further is a solution? I just don't think it's a surprise a more deadly and transmissible variant is out there and people not following common sense is a given now during this, so a lockdown is the other option. Guess the fatigue makes sense but people dying from this is never going to be mroe acceptable because people are tired of lockdowns. 11 days out of this whole past year of bullshit hardly seems like a big deal.
    No offence but you don't have a clue how incredibly dumb the lockdown restrictions are here, they're on a special level of both overly complicated, constantly changing day in day out, and transparently used for political goals.

    And more importantly, how incredibly useless they're being because the government pissed away any good will very very early on so people suck at following even the good ones.

    It's a whole ass special shitshow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    It won't be if it spreads? Do you not get this after a year? Lockdowns suck but doing them after the hospitals overflow means people start dying.
    So slovenia has been on a pretty strick lockdown constantly since last fall, with only minor openings here and there immediately rescinded like a week later, with travel between regions almost constantly blocked yet numbers staying shitty. Only thing that has recently 'opened up' has been schools etc. and some stores, but with terrible precautions and was fully expected to be locked down again by most people.

    It's not like we were living large and free or anything.

    Current government is heavily religious right wing dickheads pretty much, who came in after colossal centrist fuckups last year. Comes with big Trump style ambitions. Figure out the rest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    There are other options between fully locking down the country and doing nothing tho. And truth be told i'm just ticked off by the government inability to form a coherent thought and do something right for a change. All though if this actually helps I'm willing to deal with it but with such massive spread of the virus in the population it seems unlikely.

    Maybe I also havent been clear. New infections also appear to have stabilized.
    Above is a pretty common opinion I hear all over, yeah. People would also likely be a lot more willing to follow if the shit wasn't conflated with a lot of political shenanigans.

    Not like this government even particularly cares about the effects of policies when they start formulating new ones mere days after previous ones just went through.
    Last edited by Isyel; March 29 2021 at 12:17:05 AM.

  8. #6828

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    The UK variant is not only more transmissible, it's more deadly. Infections spiking means hospitalisations will spike about 5-7 days later and deaths shortly after that.
    Its been spiking for 14 days. Our elderly are mostly vaccinated. There has been a bump in hospitalizations but it has stabilized. The specifics of the lockdown are retarded, the communication around it even more so. But in the end some stricter restrictions are probably necessary.
    After this response, I went and actually looked at the numbers. I was presuming that numbers were actually spiking, but I don't see where the spike actually is. There's been a relatively mild for COVID rise in numbers, but that seems it so far. But I will say this: the harder the lockdown, the shorter it tends to need to be.

  9. #6829
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,661
    The spike is minor as i said but its there. Especially since the trend was downwards beforehand.


    

  10. #6830
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    The spike is minor as i said but its there. Especially since the trend was downwards beforehand.
    Is Easter a particularly communal religious holiday in Slovenia? There was fear over spikes here for the winter holidays that largely played out. I hear you on the government mismanagement, it's not like it isn't present here, I just want this to end and for people to not be dying at moments where vaccines are around the corner. Hope the lockdown isn't too dumb but maybe it'll save some people.

  11. #6831

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    14,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    The spike is minor as i said but its there. Especially since the trend was downwards beforehand.
    Is Easter a particularly communal religious holiday in Slovenia? There was fear over spikes here for the winter holidays that largely played out. I hear you on the government mismanagement, it's not like it isn't present here, I just want this to end and for people to not be dying at moments where vaccines are around the corner. Hope the lockdown isn't too dumb but maybe it'll save some people.
    So iirc while they're locking down everyone else harder for Easter they are somehow making an exception for two families being allowed to meet for dinner or something.

    Because religion. I wouldn't say it's more communal than elsewhere but the voter base for the current fuck heads in government certainly is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    The spike is minor as i said but its there. Especially since the trend was downwards beforehand.
    Well yeah they did open schools recently. It was bound to happen, but not like they could put two and two together.
    Last edited by Isyel; March 29 2021 at 09:43:44 AM.

  12. #6832
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,440
    So anyway, a week ago I applied online to get the vaccine, cause I wanna fucking work and live and shit.

    Yesterday late night, 7 days later, I got the email saying "your application has been received". 7 days to reply with an automatic response saying they received my application.

    As I said, I predict I'll get my turn for the vaccine sometime in 2022 (if ever) the way things are going, and at this point I'm just so fucking annoyed and broke that I'd rather just get the fucking virus and die already. Ergo why I've been pissed off as fuck yesterday.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; March 29 2021 at 10:28:11 AM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  13. #6833
    Smegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2, 2012
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    So anyway, a week ago I applied online to get the vaccine, cause I wanna fucking work and live and shit.

    Yesterday late night, 7 days later, I got the email saying "your application has been received". 7 days to reply with an automatic response saying they received my application.

    As I said, I predict I'll get my turn for the vaccine sometime in 2022 (if ever) the way things are going, and at this point I'm just so fucking annoyed and broke that I'd rather just get the fucking virus and die already. Ergo why I've been pissed off as fuck yesterday.
    Hang in there dude. No fucking idea when this clown car ride will end, but it will end. o/
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

  14. #6834
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,440
    Well, let the shitshow begin...

    Former CDC Head Says Covid Created In Lab on CNN

    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  15. #6835

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,017
    https://apnews.com/article/who-repor...46a763b7286a7f news from today from WHO disagrees. Call me skeptic but I have begun to greatly distrust any murican news and officials.

  16. #6836
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    So anyway, a week ago I applied online to get the vaccine, cause I wanna fucking work and live and shit.

    Yesterday late night, 7 days later, I got the email saying "your application has been received". 7 days to reply with an automatic response saying they received my application.

    As I said, I predict I'll get my turn for the vaccine sometime in 2022 (if ever) the way things are going, and at this point I'm just so fucking annoyed and broke that I'd rather just get the fucking virus and die already. Ergo why I've been pissed off as fuck yesterday.
    Stay strong mate, this will keep going for a while but it will eventually end. Absofuckinglutely everybody is in the same shit show. We need to be the best people we can be, because not a lot of people can do this.


    Regarding the virus being manufactured in a lab - it has been debunked already. Tl;dr: virus genome already has been sequenced - thus it's akin to how open source software operates - if it was lab-made it would have been evident. Let me put it this way, a virus engineered by nature is like the Mona Lisa. A virus engineered in the lab looks like the drawing of a 5 year old. Nuff said. Unfortunately due to this dude being former CDC lead this will probably blow up and the shit show will be monumental. Because at least most of us know the earth isn't flat, but not a lot of people can understand this virus was not man made.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  17. #6837

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    14,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    So anyway, a week ago I applied online to get the vaccine, cause I wanna fucking work and live and shit.

    Yesterday late night, 7 days later, I got the email saying "your application has been received". 7 days to reply with an automatic response saying they received my application.

    As I said, I predict I'll get my turn for the vaccine sometime in 2022 (if ever) the way things are going, and at this point I'm just so fucking annoyed and broke that I'd rather just get the fucking virus and die already. Ergo why I've been pissed off as fuck yesterday.
    Hang in there, shitposting or not nobody deserves this crap.

  18. #6838
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    3,948
    From what I've seen report is stating that "lab escape" is unlikely, but from the wording and phrases mentioned it looks like they consider that more likely than the Chinese pushed "came from frozen food from a 3rd location, nothing to do with China honest to Marx".

    Since nukes haven't started flying all the way back when Dolan was president I don't think anyone will push this narrative too much. If it was intentional release USA would have to nuke China. Even for accidental release, it would be fuck-up so colossal to make Chernobyl look like kids breaking a water jug. Everyone would have to impose sanctions on China leading to complete economic meltdown.

    Accidental or on purpose, trying to blame China either leads to nuclear war right away, or global economy disintegrating and nuclear war later.

  19. #6839
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Well, let the shitshow begin...

    Former CDC Head Says Covid Created In Lab on CNN

    Trump’s CDC director. That dude is probably stupider than he seems.
    meh

  20. #6840
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,440
    What I got from the CDC dude was not that it was manufactured at the lab, but modified.

    But anyway, what I find most "funny" in the story is that NOW the fucking CNN is publishing this interview, when a year ago they were shitting on Trump's "China Virus" rhetoric and anyone even suggesting the theory was branded a Trumptard or whatever. Personally, I find it extremely "funny" that out of all places in China, it's Wuhan where it originated, a city with a fucking corona research institute. Quite a coincidence, but it doesn't really mean fuckall one way or another in the grand scheme of things.

    I trust neither the CDC guy, the CNN, the US, China nor WHO anymore at this point. I wish the science community and media were in this fucking case at least not corrupted by political affiliations and big money coming in from one country or another, but unfortunately they ain't.

    And worst of all, the antivaxxers "my kid got autistic because of corona" retards are gonna have a fucking field day with this shit.

    Fuck all of them. Fuck everything. Fuck.

    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; March 29 2021 at 10:35:09 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •