hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 436 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: PLAGUE: Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cause they infectin' EVERYBODY

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Probably not what you guys want to read, however if this isn't under control really soon, it could potentially wipe out the human race inside 2 generations

Edit: if it is indeed the cause for microcephaly as it's suggested at the moment.
    No, because once it is widespread women will have been exposed to the virus since childhood, and thus have built up immunity to it.

It's why we don't see the same rate of the birth defect in Africa, while South American pregnant women are more likely to never have been infected.
    Sure, just as people exposed to hep C since childhood have developed immunity to it.

Can you just stick to your own field you're good at?

Underestimating shit got us to a point where there are bugs resistant to every antibiotic we know off and it isn't tinfoiling. Get a grip.

iPhonE
    scaremongers in first post, tells someone to get a grip in the second post.

Considering who you said it to it's sage advice, considering the context it looks like you're suffering from conformation bias.

Quote Originally Posted by tHornton View Post
    its ebola we're all fucked
    Lazarus for Mod!!!1

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Zika is literally hitler-aids.... but what vectors does it have in cold countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Zika is literally hitler-aids.... but what vectors does it have in cold countries?
    It can be transmitted sexually, apparently. One of the guys studying it flew home and infected his wife. This is a one off

In America the little buggers that transmit this can survive almost as far north as Canada in the warm seasons, but all die off in winter limiting exposure.

RIP Xenosisreaper 04.11.2015

My neighbors dog was named Zika, it bit me

So we're looking at a Children of Men scenario except with pea brained babbys instead of none at all.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    My neighbors dog was named Zika, it bit me
    RIP sorry to hear about the hitleraids

Heck if you wanna get scared the UN has changed their estimate of Africa's population by 2100 to somewhere between 3 and 6 billion which is their way of saying "how the fuck do we know???!!!" Now give all those billions small heads and send them north (assuming they can figure out what north is).

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Heck if you wanna get scared the UN has changed their estimate of Africa's population by 2100 to somewhere between 3 and 6 billion which is their way of saying "how the fuck do we know???!!!" Now give all those billions small heads and send them north (assuming they can figure out what north is).
    Africa?

This epidemic is coming from South America meight.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Africa?

But it started in Africa, part of the yellow fever line I think.

we know off
    erghh
    Swype fail.

I trust The Economist having done their fact checking more than I do the drivel you post.
    When you can quote The Lancet or a medical journal I will have a look into it. Until then, I'd like to see the doctors working for The Economist (which is overrated anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    scaremongers in first post, tells someone to get a grip in the second post.

Considering who you said it to it's sage advice, considering the context it looks like you're suffering from conformation bias.
    I suppose it sounds like scaremongering, however just read any infectious disease book and you'll see it's a p. serious thing. It isn't "omgweallgonnadie", I said it has the potential to do so inside two generations if it's not handled properly. Now read it in an informative tone, not tabloid yelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Sexual transmission has been mentioned above, as well as the fucker that transmits it can cover impressive distances, however I'd like to point out that nothing could prevent this shit to acquire another vector such as ticks or flies or other thingies that feed on human fluids.

Now considering the WHO declared this a global health emergency should make people understand shit is real.
    The W.H.O. has declared a public health emergency three times since 2007, when it first established the procedure: in 2009 for the influenza pandemic; in 2014 when polio seemed resurgent; and in August 2014 for Ebola.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

So in all cases it was never a problem for the civilized world.

N
    B
    S

Civilised world already makes a lot less children so yeah. Do you think Europe for example will continue to exist as it is now in a few generations?
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    So in all cases it was never a problem for the civilized world.

N
    B
    S
    We live in a thoroughly globalized world, there are no more problems that only deeply affect one country or continent. Europeans are currently making this experience.

In any case, with Polio, Ebola and influenza there was very strong reaction by the WHO and others. Could've been an overreaction, could've been overhyped by the media. I'm sure we can agree though that an overreaction is preferable to an actual pandemic. While some depopulation would do this planet some good, I think condoms are the preferable way.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I think this has about as much chance of significantly impacting Europe as Ebola does.

Heard two? weeks ago on the radio that some men still carry the ebola virus in their sperm, despite not showing any symptoms. Was in a supposedly Ebola free country.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Africa?

This literally the point I made above as to why it won't be the end of the world. It is from Africa and the reason we now see small heads in South America is the lack of childhood exposure amongst pregnant females.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Africa?

This literally the point I made above as to why it won't be the end of the world. It is from Africa and the reason we now see small heads in South America is the lack of childhood exposure amongst pregnant females.
    are you a zika child? it would explain your posting

Banned
    Civilised world already makes a lot less children so yeah. Do you think Europe for example will continue to exist as it is now in a few generations?
    Yes. Under muslim rule.
    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png