hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 436 of 449 FirstFirst ... 336386426433434435436437438439446 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,720 of 8972

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Just a little euthanasia jab.
    What do you mean?
    Hes saying that the most effective way to fight climate change is to scale back the human population, so euthanasia is basically a 'vaccine' against climate change.

(though using nuclear weapons for immediate atmospheric cooling would be far more efficient then euthanizing people)

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Just a little euthanasia jab.
    What do you mean?
    It's in response to the last sentence of
    "But to be honest, I couldn't care less about the COVID development or future outcome. Looking back, mankind will perceive this as a frightening, but exiting roller coaster ride when compared to the actual damage and impact the climate catastrophe will have on us rather sooner than later. There's no vaccination for that, unfortunately."

A joke based on if you had to rely on a shot to cure global warming, it would have to be one that kills people, similar to the one in the tv show Utopia. The vaccine in Utopia causes sterilization, though.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...es-2021-10-17/

The plan to roll out Merck & Co's (MRK.N) promising antiviral pill to treat COVID-19 risks repeating the inequities of vaccine distribution, potentially leaving the nations with the greatest need once again at the back of the line, international health groups say.

I am Jacks utter lack of surprise.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Anyone else get whiplash from Lief playing himself? He seems to think "the way we are doing it is wrong" is a consistent, coherent argument even when you weave together critiques from diametrically opposed viewpoints that fundamentally contradict each other ("we should be doing this better, faster, cheaper and more fairly" vs "we shouldnt be doing this at all").

I guess in his mind this means he can't be wrong, given the practical impossibility of a perfect rollout of anything; one of these critiques is BOUND to have a kernal of truth to it.

Absolute scenes as international experts shocked that the people who paid for the cure have access to it first.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Absolute scenes as international experts shocked that the people who paid for the cure have access to it first.
    Experts that are paid to think in a narrow frame of neolib scarcity/hunger games - "ration a set amount of the drug among all countries" vs "how do we get this to everyone"

Someone must inevitably suffer due to gobbledygook technocratic excuses, you just get to pick who

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-h...-inequalities/

WHO chief: "It's not right" that younger adults in rich countries get vaccine before older people in poorer countries
    yes and how is that working out for the young and unvaxxed in the US

48% of the worlds population have had 1 shot or more. Vaccines have been out for less than a year, I don't know about you but I'm amazed by that number. Clearly we are getting it to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Experts that are paid to think in a narrow frame of neolib scarcity/hunger games - "ration a set amount of the drug among all countries" vs "how do we get this to everyone"

Someone must inevitably suffer due to gobbledygook technocratic excuses, you just get to pick who

WHO chief: "It's not right" that younger adults in rich countries get vaccine before older people in poorer countries
    It's their, or their parents choice at this point.

If it's their parents choice, then prison time for child abuse is necessary, but won't happen, because our society is sick and weak.

If it's their choice, they deserve everything that's going to happen to them.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    48% of the worlds population have had 1 shot or more. Vaccines have been out for less than a year, I don't know about you but I'm amazed by that number. Clearly we are getting it to everyone.
    48%

If it's their parents choice, then prison time for child abuse is necessary, but won't happen, because our society is sick and weak.

Well my point is that death rates would be higher in the US if we paid attention to the WHO or other orgs. Glad we didnt!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    48%

Well my point is that death rates would be higher in the US if we paid attention to the WHO or other orgs. Glad we didnt!
    There were always going to be a portion of the population who fought tooth and nail against whatever the advise was, because that's what fear based smoothbrains do.
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

I normally don't support religious persons, let alone leaders, but I can get behind this:

Who's going to be the 21st century antipope?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Who's going to be the 21st century antipope?
    Tucker Carlson???

To knock on the wood, it looks like my folks pulled through. God only knows how long will recovery take at their age.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I normally don't support religious persons, let alone leaders, but I can get behind this:
    While entirely laudable and long needed, the cynic in me asks how much this is damage control or shifting blame from poor handling of the rampant pedophilia within the church.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post

While entirely laudable and long needed, the cynic in me asks how much this is damage control or shifting blame from poor handling of the rampant pedophilia within the church.
    I'm not even sure the church sees it as a problem that needs damage control when you consider how keen they are to totally ignore it. Why whitewash an issue you don't see yourself as systemically responsible for?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Big Pharma bad. Big Pedo 1000 year ChristReich is ok though.

OK

Probably get their own house in order first though. Many of those requests could also apply to the catholic church. I seem to remember theres a fair few Irish catholic diocisies that were literally invested in the British arms manufacturing industry ffs.

Also

Has he read the bible?

Well if kids would stop seducing priests they could get on with the job of saving the world