hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 435 of 449 FirstFirst ... 335385425432433434435436437438445 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,700 of 8977

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

  1. #8681
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,759
    Merck sells federally financed COVID pill to U.S. for 40 times what it costs to make

    https://theintercept.com/2021/10/05/...rck-ridgeback/

    A FIVE-DAY COURSE of molnupiravir, the new medicine being hailed as a “huge advance” in the treatment of Covid-19, costs $17.74 to produce, according to a report issued last week by drug pricing experts at the Harvard School of Public Health and King’s College Hospital in London. Merck is charging the U.S. government $712 for the same amount of medicine, or 40 times the price.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  2. #8682

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    7,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Merck sells federally financed COVID pill to U.S. for 40 times what it costs to make

    https://theintercept.com/2021/10/05/...rck-ridgeback/

    A FIVE-DAY COURSE of molnupiravir, the new medicine being hailed as a “huge advance” in the treatment of Covid-19, costs $17.74 to produce, according to a report issued last week by drug pricing experts at the Harvard School of Public Health and King’s College Hospital in London. Merck is charging the U.S. government $712 for the same amount of medicine, or 40 times the price.
    I stopped reading on the trial being on just 387 patients.......


    Inb4 2 senators have stock in the company.
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  3. #8683
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    12,854
    Eric Clapton is bankrolling anti-vax: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ments-1239027/

    Cambel McLaughlin thought he was being punked. An unapologetic opponent of lockdowns and Covid-19 vaccine skeptic — he is, as he puts it, “pro-medical choice”— the 27-year-old Brit is founder of Jam for Freedom, a group of U.K. musicians that plays for free in public spaces, spreading the anti-lockdown word and sometimes singing songs with lyrics like “You can stick your poison vaccine up your arse.” For their efforts, Jam for Freedom are often hassled by police, and McLaughlin himself says he was arrested for what he calls “breach of Covid regulations” during one show.

    This past spring, the car the group used to transport its gear was rendered nearly unusable after an accident, so McLaughlin started a GoFundMe page to help pay for transportation, gas, and legal fees. And one day this past spring, he was shocked to see a £1,000 donation on the site from Eric Clapton.

    “I’m, like, this could be fake,” McLaughlin recalls. But when McLaughlin emailed the account listed with the donation, he received a text from the 76-year-old British guitar hero himself. “It was something complimentary, along the lines of, ‘Hey, it’s Eric — great work you’re doing,’ ” McLaughlin says. The two later talked by phone, and before McLaughlin knew it, Clapton offered his family’s white, six-person VW Transporter van as a temporary replacement for Jam for Freedom’s wheels. He also gave them a chunk of money (McLaughlin declines to say how much) to buy a new van — and said he might even sit in with the group at some point. Thanks to Clapton’s assistance, Jam for Freedom are now free to spread their message all over the U.K.

    ......

    What changed — or did anything?

    In the summer of 1976, Dave Wakeling thought he knew Clapton, too. Wakeling, who’d go on to found the English Beat, one of the U.K.’s pioneering ska bands, was 20 that year, and such a big Clapton fan that he’d once hitchhiked from his Birmingham home to London to see Clapton’s band Blind Faith in Hyde Park.

    But when he saw Clapton at the Odeon theater in Birmingham in August 1976, Wakeling was gob-smacked. A clearly inebriated Clapton, who unlike most of his rock brethren hadn’t weighed in on topics like the Vietnam War, began grousing about immigration. The concert was neither filmed nor recorded, but based on published accounts at the time (and Wakeling’s recollection), Clapton began making vile, racist comments from the stage. In remarks he has never denied, he talked about how the influx of immigrants in the U.K. would result in the country “being a colony within 10 years.” He also went on an extended jag about how “foreigners” should leave Great Britain: “Get the wogs out . . . get the coons out.” (Wog, shorthand for golliwog, was a slur against dark-skinned nonwhites.)

    “As it went on, it was like, ‘Is this a joke?’ ” Wakeling recalls. “And then it became obvious that it wasn’t. . . . It started to form a sort of murmur throughout the crowd. He kept talking, and the murmurings started to get louder: ‘What did he fucking say again?’ . . . We all got into the foyer after the concert, and it was as loud as the concert: ‘What is he fucking doing? What a cunt!’ ”

    When Clapton voiced support onstage for the conservative British flamethrower and fascist Enoch Powell, a prominent anti-immigration politician who had given his polarizing “rivers of blood” speech on the topic in Birmingham in 1968, Wakeling was particularly offended. Thanks to white and black workers toiling together in its factories, Wakeling had sensed that Birmingham had become more integrated in recent years.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

  4. #8684
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,795
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    What is your point? We keep asking and then you just link some bullshit. State your fucking point JESUS CHRIST.
    Literally never can tell with Lief. He is peak 'just asking questions' sideeye bullshit

  5. #8685
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Merck sells federally financed COVID pill to U.S. for 40 times what it costs to make

    https://theintercept.com/2021/10/05/...rck-ridgeback/

    A FIVE-DAY COURSE of molnupiravir, the new medicine being hailed as a “huge advance” in the treatment of Covid-19, costs $17.74 to produce, according to a report issued last week by drug pricing experts at the Harvard School of Public Health and King’s College Hospital in London. Merck is charging the U.S. government $712 for the same amount of medicine, or 40 times the price.
    If only USA had single payer healthcare and a clinical excellence panel that determined which drugs were cost effective to procure and at what price.

  6. #8686
    Timaios's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Due to mutation and vaccines never being 100% successful, i am of the opinion that complete elimination is impossible, and blaming human nature is exactly what i am doing. We fucked up ... bad.
    I'm no longer sure which aspect of the pandemic you're criticising. If it's basically the early handling, then I agree. However, the existence of mutations and the fact it's going to be endemic was very likely however we handled it. Even if Australia and New Zealand hadn't screwed up their vaccination schedule, they'll have ended up with it endemic in their population the moment delta emerged. There's not much blaming you can do for that aspect of the pandemic.
    Even though Australia and New Zealand screwed up ordering vaccines in a timely manner their COVID response was still better than most of the world when it came to limiting cases and keeping people alive.

    Australia has lost 1,461 people so far to COVID. If you adjust for relative population then the USA would have lost 19,000 not 715,000 and the UK 3,875 not 138,000. And the economic damage is no worse than suffered by other countries either.

    I am sure research will be done on what was the best methods of containing a virus like COVID looking at outcomes around the world. The world has done far better that the 1919 Spanish Flu as a whole, but some parts have done far worse than others.
    ^^^ Agreed with that last bit. It's sad that there's so much toxic attitude and negativity about humanity in general because of what happened. A lot of blame about human nature. The truth is, what happened was a fucking miracle and an absolute positive indicator of the progress we've made as a species. In less than one year, we successfully developed vaccinations using a novel technology of mRNA and started distributing them to the population. We cared about the distribution to all racial groups and to other vulnerable groups in our population. Not perfect, but at least we cared and we had conversations about it as a collective group. That's a huge improvement compared to the past. Can we have a better response to a pandemic in the future? Of course we can always do better, and we will. Like Maximillian says, there is a huge bulk of research being formed right now. We will use that to do better in the future.
    Just to point out that while we did this we basically threw the whole developing, non-white world under the bus without a bat of an eye. We're still doing it (e.g. withholding patents etc.).

    Case in point, Finland is vaccinating fur farm animals against covid, which requires the same reagents human vaccines do. So basically at the expense of producing vaccines for humans, we're vaccinating fur farm animals so they can be killed later for their furs. Third world, who cares, right?
    Last edited by Timaios; October 13 2021 at 11:15:18 AM.

    Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

  7. #8687

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    But Oz and NZ did things right too.
    Indeed. I wished we would have done some of that, e.g. NOCOVID. And I didn't meant to discredit those countries' actions with my previous comment. These circumstances I mentioned just helped the cause.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Maybe EU nations should reclaim greater controls over their internal borders as well.
    Yes and no. A bit more flexibility in cases of emergencies like this one is all that would be needed, IMHO. And although formally EU law was broken, I'm not aware that any formal complaint or law suit against a country resulted out of it. So in a way they took back control (wasn't that also one of Trump's memes?, "Take back control"?).

    There would be another alternative, which I personally would prefer: get rid off independent EU countries altogether and form a United States of Europe with equal rights, laws, regulations and especially taxes everywhere.
    Please quote the EU law that was broken.

    The schengen code allows for reinstatement of border controls for 10 days unilaterally for objective reasons and longer times should be under joint supervision. You can bet that everyone in charge used border controls and not border closures, while the press misreported.

    See sentence 23 and 25

    https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...LEX:32016R0399
    I (most likely) stand corrected. A Google search in order to get a timeline of events wasn't that revealing, especially when it comes to the length of the actual closure. And in some cases there were and still are closures ("Einreiseverbot") along with border controls ("Grenzkontrolle").

    I also wasn't aware of the legislation passage you cited. Learned something new today, so many thanks for that.

  8. #8688
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,759
    I'm sorry that pointing at COVID related bullshit upsets you, Lall

  9. #8689
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    12,854
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

  10. #8690
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    2,926
    mandates as a whole have worked pretty well, but media will be shit as usual and report that as "OVER 200 FIRED FOR REFUSING VACCINE REQUIREMENTS AS AIRLINES FACE EMPLOYEE SHORTAGE"

  11. #8691
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,795
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Due to mutation and vaccines never being 100% successful, i am of the opinion that complete elimination is impossible, and blaming human nature is exactly what i am doing. We fucked up ... bad.
    I'm no longer sure which aspect of the pandemic you're criticising. If it's basically the early handling, then I agree. However, the existence of mutations and the fact it's going to be endemic was very likely however we handled it. Even if Australia and New Zealand hadn't screwed up their vaccination schedule, they'll have ended up with it endemic in their population the moment delta emerged. There's not much blaming you can do for that aspect of the pandemic.
    Even though Australia and New Zealand screwed up ordering vaccines in a timely manner their COVID response was still better than most of the world when it came to limiting cases and keeping people alive.

    Australia has lost 1,461 people so far to COVID. If you adjust for relative population then the USA would have lost 19,000 not 715,000 and the UK 3,875 not 138,000. And the economic damage is no worse than suffered by other countries either.

    I am sure research will be done on what was the best methods of containing a virus like COVID looking at outcomes around the world. The world has done far better that the 1919 Spanish Flu as a whole, but some parts have done far worse than others.
    ^^^ Agreed with that last bit. It's sad that there's so much toxic attitude and negativity about humanity in general because of what happened. A lot of blame about human nature. The truth is, what happened was a fucking miracle and an absolute positive indicator of the progress we've made as a species. In less than one year, we successfully developed vaccinations using a novel technology of mRNA and started distributing them to the population. We cared about the distribution to all racial groups and to other vulnerable groups in our population. Not perfect, but at least we cared and we had conversations about it as a collective group. That's a huge improvement compared to the past. Can we have a better response to a pandemic in the future? Of course we can always do better, and we will. Like Maximillian says, there is a huge bulk of research being formed right now. We will use that to do better in the future.
    Agree with this. Imagine in Jan 2020 if someone had told you the world had the collective political will to shut down all international tourism and hospitality for the best part of a year or more to preserve the health of the vulnerable. You would have laughed in their face.

  12. #8692
    theBlind's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Due to mutation and vaccines never being 100% successful, i am of the opinion that complete elimination is impossible, and blaming human nature is exactly what i am doing. We fucked up ... bad.
    I'm no longer sure which aspect of the pandemic you're criticising. If it's basically the early handling, then I agree. However, the existence of mutations and the fact it's going to be endemic was very likely however we handled it. Even if Australia and New Zealand hadn't screwed up their vaccination schedule, they'll have ended up with it endemic in their population the moment delta emerged. There's not much blaming you can do for that aspect of the pandemic.
    Even though Australia and New Zealand screwed up ordering vaccines in a timely manner their COVID response was still better than most of the world when it came to limiting cases and keeping people alive.

    Australia has lost 1,461 people so far to COVID. If you adjust for relative population then the USA would have lost 19,000 not 715,000 and the UK 3,875 not 138,000. And the economic damage is no worse than suffered by other countries either.

    I am sure research will be done on what was the best methods of containing a virus like COVID looking at outcomes around the world. The world has done far better that the 1919 Spanish Flu as a whole, but some parts have done far worse than others.
    ^^^ Agreed with that last bit. It's sad that there's so much toxic attitude and negativity about humanity in general because of what happened. A lot of blame about human nature. The truth is, what happened was a fucking miracle and an absolute positive indicator of the progress we've made as a species. In less than one year, we successfully developed vaccinations using a novel technology of mRNA and started distributing them to the population. We cared about the distribution to all racial groups and to other vulnerable groups in our population. Not perfect, but at least we cared and we had conversations about it as a collective group. That's a huge improvement compared to the past. Can we have a better response to a pandemic in the future? Of course we can always do better, and we will. Like Maximillian says, there is a huge bulk of research being formed right now. We will use that to do better in the future.
    Agree with this. Imagine in Jan 2020 if someone had told you the world had the collective political will to shut down all international tourism and hospitality for the best part of a year or more to preserve the health of the vulnerable. You would have laughed in their face.
    In Feb 2020 my prediction was "within two months we'll all have caught it" because I absolutely didn't forsee the strengt and will of reactions and restrictions placed upon companies by our German conservative government. I am glad I was wrong but I would not have believed it beforehand.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

  13. #8693

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Due to mutation and vaccines never being 100% successful, i am of the opinion that complete elimination is impossible, and blaming human nature is exactly what i am doing. We fucked up ... bad.
    I'm no longer sure which aspect of the pandemic you're criticising. If it's basically the early handling, then I agree. However, the existence of mutations and the fact it's going to be endemic was very likely however we handled it. Even if Australia and New Zealand hadn't screwed up their vaccination schedule, they'll have ended up with it endemic in their population the moment delta emerged. There's not much blaming you can do for that aspect of the pandemic.
    Even though Australia and New Zealand screwed up ordering vaccines in a timely manner their COVID response was still better than most of the world when it came to limiting cases and keeping people alive.

    Australia has lost 1,461 people so far to COVID. If you adjust for relative population then the USA would have lost 19,000 not 715,000 and the UK 3,875 not 138,000. And the economic damage is no worse than suffered by other countries either.

    I am sure research will be done on what was the best methods of containing a virus like COVID looking at outcomes around the world. The world has done far better that the 1919 Spanish Flu as a whole, but some parts have done far worse than others.
    ^^^ Agreed with that last bit. It's sad that there's so much toxic attitude and negativity about humanity in general because of what happened. A lot of blame about human nature. The truth is, what happened was a fucking miracle and an absolute positive indicator of the progress we've made as a species. In less than one year, we successfully developed vaccinations using a novel technology of mRNA and started distributing them to the population. We cared about the distribution to all racial groups and to other vulnerable groups in our population. Not perfect, but at least we cared and we had conversations about it as a collective group. That's a huge improvement compared to the past. Can we have a better response to a pandemic in the future? Of course we can always do better, and we will. Like Maximillian says, there is a huge bulk of research being formed right now. We will use that to do better in the future.
    Agree with this. Imagine in Jan 2020 if someone had told you the world had the collective political will to shut down all international tourism and hospitality for the best part of a year or more to preserve the health of the vulnerable. You would have laughed in their face.
    In Feb 2020 my prediction was "within two months we'll all have caught it" because I absolutely didn't forsee the strengt and will of reactions and restrictions placed upon companies by our German conservative government. I am glad I was wrong but I would not have believed it beforehand.
    That was indeed unique. I can't remember anything that happened at/was enacted in a) such a nation-wide scale and b) such a short time in my lifetime in Germany.

    1) Shutting down the whole country for a basically unrestricted amount of time
    2) Doing so, because of following the advice of experts/scientists
    3) Not shying away to better be safe than sorry
    4) Admitting various faults
    5) And last but not least: throwing billions of Euros left and right without much hesitation

    The closest event I can think of was post Lehman Bro crash, but that only had similar reach like 5). And it took longer to be enacted.

    Though prolonging short-time work benefits and with that enabling corporations to keep their staff instead of having them fired, a means used again now, was invented back then. It's also considered to be a success almost universally, because it served two beneficial purposes at once: employees still had work and often made at least similar to what unemployment benefits would have been. And corporations could immediately "switch back" from standby to (old) production (levels) as soon as the economy recovered, because their trained staff was still there. No need to go through the lengthy process of hiring & training new staff.

  14. #8694
    Smegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2, 2012
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    That was indeed unique. I can't remember anything that happened at/was enacted in a) such a nation-wide scale and b) such a short time in my lifetime in Germany.

    1) Shutting down the whole country for a basically unrestricted amount of time
    2) Doing so, because of following the advice of experts/scientists
    3) Not shying away to better be safe than sorry
    4) Admitting various faults
    5) And last but not least: throwing billions of Euros left and right without much hesitation
    Unfortunately i have only a UK centric view of the pandemic along with the various news outlets and data sites, which i understand may not be the same in other countries, so please bear with me (and apologies if this come across as a rant but shit here is like living in the Onion atm).

    1) Shutting down the whole country for a basically unrestricted amount of time -
    Initially far, far too late in the UK and we continued allowing in and out anyone without issue throughout the pandemic and subsiquent lockdowns (two friends went to hungary throughout the first lockdown, others went to thailand later). The lockdowns did not effect vast swathes of non-essential industry (the housing sector appears to have sped up a little during the lockdowns) and i personally know quite a few people from multiple defence contractors and non-essential production companies who worked through the lockdowns often without masks being mandated by their companies (the companies deciding you either work or fuck off, and the government making the legislation toothless when implementing minimum safe distance and clean practices).
    2) Doing so, because of following the advice of experts/scientists -
    Again waaaay too late. The experts were literally bombarding our retarded parliament with information of what to expect if they didn't shut down international travel links and enter a lockdown significantly more then a couple of weeks earlier than we actaully did. Our idiots have extolled the line 'we've had enough of experts' (Gove et al). We only appear to listen to the experts once the brown stuff had hit spinny thing and was spattering over the floor, walls, drapes and furniture (essentially it appears that our government needed scapegoats at that point).
    3) Not shying away to better be safe than sorry -
    Lol?, we had a significant part of our population ignoring (or having to ignore in the case of low paid workers) the lockdowns and refusing to wear masks, wash hands and get vaccinated.
    4) Admitting various faults
    UK centric again, but have you seen our recent study on the (lack of) response to the early pandemic and the governments attempts to backhand the evidence away?
    5) And last but not least: throwing billions of Euros left and right without much hesitation
    Here, you certainly have a valid point. A LOT of money was flashed around, unfortunately it now appears most of that money was wasted in the UK. Not only by the utterly disastrous track and trace debacle, but vast ammounts of the support payments for companies appears to have been fraudulantly squirrelled away, not to mention the warehouses of incorrect safety equipment procured by companies whos owners appear to be very well connected to various members of parliament and who's companies either didn't exist beforehand or were small or in entirly different fields of ventures prior to the pandemic.

    You guys seem a lot more positive in relation to the outcomes thus far, so it seems your countries got their shit together much better than the UK...
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

  15. #8695
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,104
    The only reason so much cash was thrown around here is because the current party in power is the party of profiteering grifters. If there wasn't a need for response that required PPE procurement ofr testing we'd probably have seen massive fiscal contraction.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  16. #8696

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    That was indeed unique. I can't remember anything that happened at/was enacted in a) such a nation-wide scale and b) such a short time in my lifetime in Germany.

    1) Shutting down the whole country for a basically unrestricted amount of time
    2) Doing so, because of following the advice of experts/scientists
    3) Not shying away to better be safe than sorry
    4) Admitting various faults
    5) And last but not least: throwing billions of Euros left and right without much hesitation
    Unfortunately i have only a UK centric view of the pandemic along with the various news outlets and data sites, which i understand may not be the same in other countries, so please bear with me (and apologies if this come across as a rant but shit here is like living in the Onion atm).

    1) Shutting down the whole country for a basically unrestricted amount of time -
    Initially far, far too late in the UK and we continued allowing in and out anyone without issue throughout the pandemic and subsiquent lockdowns (two friends went to hungary throughout the first lockdown, others went to thailand later). The lockdowns did not effect vast swathes of non-essential industry (the housing sector appears to have sped up a little during the lockdowns) and i personally know quite a few people from multiple defence contractors and non-essential production companies who worked through the lockdowns often without masks being mandated by their companies (the companies deciding you either work or fuck off, and the government making the legislation toothless when implementing minimum safe distance and clean practices).
    2) Doing so, because of following the advice of experts/scientists -
    Again waaaay too late. The experts were literally bombarding our retarded parliament with information of what to expect if they didn't shut down international travel links and enter a lockdown significantly more then a couple of weeks earlier than we actaully did. Our idiots have extolled the line 'we've had enough of experts' (Gove et al). We only appear to listen to the experts once the brown stuff had hit spinny thing and was spattering over the floor, walls, drapes and furniture (essentially it appears that our government needed scapegoats at that point).
    3) Not shying away to better be safe than sorry -
    Lol?, we had a significant part of our population ignoring (or having to ignore in the case of low paid workers) the lockdowns and refusing to wear masks, wash hands and get vaccinated.
    4) Admitting various faults
    UK centric again, but have you seen our recent study on the (lack of) response to the early pandemic and the governments attempts to backhand the evidence away?
    5) And last but not least: throwing billions of Euros left and right without much hesitation
    Here, you certainly have a valid point. A LOT of money was flashed around, unfortunately it now appears most of that money was wasted in the UK. Not only by the utterly disastrous track and trace debacle, but vast ammounts of the support payments for companies appears to have been fraudulantly squirrelled away, not to mention the warehouses of incorrect safety equipment procured by companies whos owners appear to be very well connected to various members of parliament and who's companies either didn't exist beforehand or were small or in entirly different fields of ventures prior to the pandemic.

    You guys seem a lot more positive in relation to the outcomes thus far, so it seems your countries got their shit together much better than the UK...
    We've kinda hit a wall. Everyone willing and able to (from a medical perspective) is vaccinated. But there are these nay-sayers that refuse to. And short of mandatory vaccination, we'll stay at the ~ 65% vaccination rate we're currently add. It might become higher when something is found (or finally approved) for kids.

    But to be honest, I couldn't care less about the COVID development or future outcome. Looking back, mankind will perceive this as a frightening, but exiting roller coaster ride when compared to the actual damage and impact the climate catastrophe will have on us rather sooner than later. There's no vaccination for that, unfortunately.

  17. #8697
    August's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10, 2019
    Posts
    633
    Just a little euthanasia jab.

  18. #8698

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Just a little euthanasia jab.
    What do you mean?

  19. #8699
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    2,926
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Just a little euthanasia jab.
    What do you mean?
    It's August, take a wild guess.

  20. #8700
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Portugal, laaaa
    Posts
    6,323
    Big thonks

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •