hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 430 of 449 FirstFirst ... 330380420427428429430431432433440 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,600 of 8972

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    I know you guys like to feel smart when you explain to me the basics of the point of vaccination, anecdotal evidence about the level of idiocy among people and things I never claimed were otherwise. Enjoy the feeling I guess

Actually, your arguments changed my mind. Stop all activities that don't fit the official narrative if the party I like is in charge, trust the corporations completely because they're in it for altruistic reasons, don't get upset by bullshit media, joke about denying the "others" medicare and basic human rights, get them fired, stick 'em in camps. That'll surely solve the underlying problem, just as it always does... oh wait it doesn't and never fucking has.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Comply citizen!
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

I know you guys like to feel smart when you explain to me the basics of the point of vaccination, anecdotal evidence about the level of idiocy among people and things I never claimed were otherwise. Enjoy the feeling I guess
    I hear that a really good way to get people to stop explaining things that you already know is to stop acting like you don't know them.

I hear that I should start every post I make with a 6 page detailed explanation of things I understand and know that I thought were a fucking given in this day and age to confirm to others I know them so they don't presume I don't but they won't read 90% of it anyway. Anyway, enough for today.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

If there was a simple way to negate covid, Lief would be down a miles deep rabbit hole for no reason other than it was his method for dealing with this all. Most of us have begun the process of getting out of the worst effects of the pandemic, Lief seems to be stuck there. Lab theories one season, anti-vaxx the next.

Sadly he's not the one deciding this but he's fallen to the cycle of conspiracy tube and conservative outrage. I cannot wait to see what he goes into next because looking into a bunch of bitter old white dudes screeching online is something I want to save for the FHC discord in 2040. Thanks I guess for letting us know what the bullshit flavor of the month is now?

Still think ya need help, but you are probably spreading this shit to anyone you can and are quickly losing status as "simply misinformed"
    Last edited by Jack Coutu; October 6 2021 at 07:30:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    If there was a simple way to negate covid, Lief would be down a miles deep rabbit hole for no reason other than it was his method for dealing with this all. Most of us have begun the process of getting out of the worst effects of the pandemic, Lief seems to be stuck there. Lab theories one season, anti-vaxx the next.

Sadly he's not the one deciding this but he's fallen to the cycle of conspiracy tube and conservative outrage. I cannot wait to see what he goes into next because looking into a bunch of bitter old white dudes screeching online is something I want to save for the FHC discord in 2040. Thanks I guess for letting us know what the bullshit flavor of the month is now?

Still think ya need help, but you are probably spreading this shit to anyone you can and are quickly losing status as "simply misinformed"
    Your obsession with everything Lief posts is more a thing 'that needs help'. It is really to much and not healthy.

If the dude is correct or not does not matter really. He is trying to have a real discussion about covid, all you do are ad-homs.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post

Your obsession with everything Lief posts is more a thing 'that needs help'. It is really to much and not healthy.

If the dude is correct or not does not matter really. He is trying to have a real discussion about covid, all you do are ad-homs.
    I mean I come to this thread to do just that, but you've skirted the line of believing similar things before and simped for Rogan spewing dumb shit, so no surprise there.

If you think Lief sounds sane, go read the last few pages and tell me the people on the other side were wrong and why.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post

Lief's posts are every third post in this thread recently and nothing about any of them can be described as "real discussion". It's the rantings of a diseased mind tilting at vaguely windmill shaped straw men. Why does he keep saying over and over that vaccines dont make you perfectly immune to covid? Who is claiming that they do?

Its funny you defending him solely because you bum that moron Joe Rogan and he is also down the same moronic rabbit hole as Lief

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Joe Rogan
    Ah yes, the weedbrained-idiot's thinking man

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Jack and Keckers are twats and absolute morons in many things but Leif I have to be honest here, I see where you are coming from but also see the lines of you stuck in something that isn’t good. I do truly think you mean well (if that is an expression that is applicable/correct here) and you have areas where your knowledge and/or arguments are true and straight but for this it seems you simply cant stop and just accept the simplest and easiest truth and instead argues on about stuff that are no longer up for debate in the grand scheme of things.

Step back, turn off SM and just do you. Go somewhere, clear your head and if you have to, wait and see what comes out of the (probably) 1000s of studies going right now in the next 12-24 months (and likely past that). The last 2 years have been an unprecedented time for the entire world and everyone in it, it has been and continues to be a rough fuckin time. Shit is taking its toll on mind, body and soul. I can only look to myself, I’ve had it extremely well and lived a “luxury life” and still this has fucked me up.

I also like to question and look around but there is a limit where you just end up in a loop and no “answer” is enough. No one here really wants you to end up badly, so just keep that in mind. Be mindful, there is nothing to prove here. Its just coping and getting through, there is no need to be on the front line trying to find every little discrepancy. That will destroy you. And in the event we all turn out to be poisoned the uproar will have us all on the same side, unless we are dead or all mind-controlled by the largest conspiracy ever to be conceived and then it wont matter anyway.

Anyway, I rant. I still have to save some energy to my best friends parent(s) who are 2 steps shy of full on Qultist. In fuckin Sweden. I…cant even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Lief is a classic example of someone who lands on an answer to something with their gut and then tries to build a rationale foundation for that answer with their head. It doesnt work.

Matt Taibi summed up how retarded politicizing of medical science is rather well

Did Political and Media Bias Stall the Release of Merck's New Covid-19 Drug?

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/did-po...bias-stall-28a

"Last year, when Trump was president, molnupiravir was bad, dangerous science, an evil twin to hydroxychloroquine. Now, it’s a pharmaceutical superhero, coming to the rescue — literally a Thor-inspired drug, coming to “hammer” COVID.

“It could have been out six months ago,” says Dr. Robert Kadlec, former assistant secretary for preparedness and response (ASPR) at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). “It would have been a game-changer… It would have saved tens of thousands of lives.”

Have fun with insulting each other while people die and scientists have to navigate their reports through idiotic culture wars, I guess.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; October 7 2021 at 03:54:11 PM.

literally a Thor-inspired drug, coming to “hammer” COVID
    cringe
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

So his main "source" is trumps retarded HHS appointee who fired people illegally for calling him out for wanted the US HHS to focus on retarded bleach treatments.

Bright asserted that Kadlec ousted him retaliation for his "insistence" that the federal government focus resources on "safe and scientifically vetted" responses to the COVID-19 pandemic rather than "technologies that lack scientific merit" such as the use of hydroxychloroquine, which had been pushed by the Trump administration
    You can't be this stupid.
    meh

You learned how to use the CDC website yet?

You learned how to use the CDC website yet?
    Has nurse youtube provided any actual evidence for why he "doubts" the WHO science on vaccination, or is he just another stupid anti vax subhuman who should do the rest of the world a favor and die.
    meh

"Last year, when molnupiravir was untested against covid, molnupiravir was bad, dangerous science, an evil twin to hydroxychloroquine. Now, it’s a been tested, it's good."

FTFY

But yes we should let the unwashed masses try 1000 different drugs which haven't been tested vs covid in anything resembling a scientific study just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo osh

Well what's your point then? That people should take as many untested medicines as possible in the hope one of them turns out to be good? That discouraging the use of untested drugs is bad? That we shouldn't be so mean to right wingers?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Nah, I also like my medical drug research to be governed by which political candidate endorses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Lief is a classic example of someone who lands on an answer to something with their gut and then tries to build a rationale foundation for that answer with their head. It doesnt work.
    There's a app tweet for that: