hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 427 of 449 FirstFirst ... 327377417424425426427428429430437 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,540 of 8972

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

So your stance is pro vaccine but you also support people not having the vaccine and instead taking unproven drugs like ivermectin because you don't like the media? Or you begrudgingly agree with everything the liberal media are saying about the vaccine but you also want the antivaxxers to be right because the enemy of your enemy is your friend?

I'm struggling to keep up.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I wish I was surprised that your solution to "it's all too political" is to follow and digest people swindling you with hyped up political outrage disguised as medical insider kownledge.

Not liking the media is a lot different than decoding everyone is lying to you. American newspaperss have put out the most insane headlines about numbers I've seen in a bit.theyve hyped fear up via articles claiming breakthroughs are happening, firings from mandates and so on, ignoring the success overall. The truth however is still there when you look just a little. Vaccines work, treatments are largely ineffectual compared to treatments and there's no debate on that anywhere but fringe youtube.

As for the reasons it's political, that's a thing to ask the whole right-wing here. They've decided death is better than life so let em have death. Boosters are available for many people, and why you'd kill your own party members when you are barely holding onto power is beyond me but they also are incompetent fucks. I like that riots are your concern from over a year ago, I know black people getting uppity was triggering for a dude so far from the realities here that sees cops as Batman but ok, Croatia has never done anything bad to itself I guess......

Hopefully the next pandemic will see you recovered and back to some form of reality because the "unhinged" vibe on this and your delusional superiority ok it all is depressing as fuck.
    Last edited by Jack Coutu; October 4 2021 at 11:58:43 PM.

Pro vaccine, otherwise I wouldn't have whatever fluid Johnson put in their syringes coursing through me right now, but I don't force it on others and I don't separate people on vaccinated and unvaccinated. COVID's coming for us all sooner or later anyway.

I understand the skepticism of people toward new vaccines. Anecdotal evidence: all unvaccinated people that I know are what you would call lefties, have been vaccinated against children's diseases and have vaccinated their kids against them. So it's really oversimplifying to stick these people in the same bucket with "all vaccines are poison made by Soroš" right wing nuts and everyone in between.

The connecting thread for both of these extremes among "antivaxxers", tho, is all the restrictions of working and living we're under. A lot of people got seriously fucked over by anti covid measures, losing jobs and homes and whatnot, and they haven't even gotten this disease and are wondering "what the fuck is going on here?". Look at Australia as an example.

Ivermectin: If someone wants to take it - their body, their choice. It's not gonna beat COVID but the way I understand it it might help the body deal with the symptoms. What I ridicule is the media narrative (and by some FHCers here) that Ivermectin is a "horse dewormer". A drug that won a Nobel fucking prize, a drug that is currently being researched by people who made one of the COVID vaccines (AZ). It's also ridiculous on the other hand to think of it as some magical cure that will keep you safe from COVID. It's also retarded Youtube is censoring fucking discussion of ivermectin. All of it is retarded. 'murican level retarded.

The liberal media can fuck right off, and so can the politicians. That's the biggest tragedy of this fucking shitshow from the start: there's very little science and medicine, it's mostly about politics, people covering their asses while hiding and ignoring their mistakes, blaming someone else, corporations making a tidy profit while the rabble is busy yelling at one another how retarded the other side is for taking or not taking the vaccine. It's the new gamergate/BLM/culturewars idiocy and I love being the devil's advocate and pointing out the illogical fallacies, lies and mistakes, cause that's the only joy I get out of it.

On teh internets provaxxers call me an conspiracy theorist, antivaxxers call me a puppet for big pharma. I can live with that. As long as I annoy Jack, it's worth it
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    The simplest explanation of why we hate anti-vaxxers is because they're idiots and assholes. No conspiracy needed.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Ah, it's Jack again with a (edited in) racist accusation. That's also a new one and oh so original.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Yeah but 50% of everyone who got vaxxed is literally dead now so checkmate scientists.
    Did you know science backwards is ecneics, which literally means a device used for the corruption of people by the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Wow I haven't heard that one before.
    You havent heard anyone call you a conspiracy theorist before?

F Doubt.

m8

irony1
    /ˈʌɪrəni/
    noun
    the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

what a shitshow

m8

irony1
    /ˈʌɪrəni/
    noun
    the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    Ahh the lack of humorous or emphatic effect is what confused me

Lief,

I didn't "imply" that you were defending snake oil salesmen, I "asked" if you were defending snake oil salesmen because I didn't get your CDC tweet gotcha. Probably just the long COVID, but have fun with the "you vs the world" schtick.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    The boring truth doesn't entertain like the barely possible exciting secret version of events.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Ivermectin: If someone wants to take it - their body, their choice.
    Nah, it's not tho. They're taking up a hospital bed that you might need for whatever condition you have that can't be dealt with by a vaccine. Or they're infecting your immunocompromised relative who can't have the vaccine. That's the problem with 'their body, their choice'. Their choices affect me too.

Let me tell you what we're seeing with patients who come into my hospital with COVID. If they're vaccinated, they at worst need a couple days oxygen therapy to give their organs a rest. If they're unvaccinated, they die. It's literally that simple most of the time.

It's not gonna beat COVID but the way I understand it it might help the body deal with the symptoms. What I ridicule is the media narrative (and by some FHCers here) that Ivermectin is a "horse dewormer". A drug that won a Nobel fucking prize, a drug that is currently being researched by people who made one of the COVID vaccines (AZ). It's also ridiculous on the other hand to think of it as some magical cure that will keep you safe from COVID. It's also retarded Youtube is censoring fucking discussion of ivermectin. All of it is retarded. 'murican level retarded.
    There's no study that shows that Ivermectin gives symptomatic relief for Covid. There are a couple of studies that show that at really, really high dosages (like, way higher than would be prescribed for a human OR a horse) can inhibit Covid cellular regeneration, but they also show that that same dosage inhibits basically all cellular regeneration.

Yes, some clinical groups are still trialing it. This is what we call 'throwing science at the wall to see what sticks'. It's one of a billion drugs that's being trialled right now because basically any clinical study to do with Covid gets approved immediately.

Ivermectin is only approved for human or animal use as an antiparasitical. It is literally a dewormer. If you're offended by that I don't really know what to tell you - you might as well get offended by the sun rising and setting, because it's a fact.

The liberal media can fuck right off, and so can the politicians. That's the biggest tragedy of this fucking shitshow from the start: there's very little science and medicine, it's mostly about politics, people covering their asses while hiding and ignoring their mistakes, blaming someone else, corporations making a tidy profit while the rabble is busy yelling at one another how retarded the other side is for taking or not taking the vaccine.
    Muh bOtH sIdEs
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

You get the vaccine because it protects your neighbours, and your neighbours get the vaccine because it protects you and their other neighbours. Vaccination programs are a collective effort, which makes it much less surprising the land of rugged individualism struggles so much with the concept.

Ivermectin is being touted as a miracle cure because it appeals to a sense of 'old country wisdom' in rural communities which have rejected metropolitan cultural dominance over the past few decades.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Whoa I never knew any of that. Anyway, for all of our Pfizer crew:

Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness drops after 6 months, study shows

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...dy-2021-10-04/

The effectiveness of the Pfizer Inc (PFE.N)/BioNTech SE vaccine in preventing infection by the coronavirus dropped to 47% from 88% six months after the second dose, according to data published on Monday that U.S. health agencies considered when deciding on the need for booster shots...

... Vaccine effectiveness against the Delta variant was 93% after the first month, declining to 53% after four months. Against other coronavirus variants, efficacy declined to 67% from 97%.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; October 5 2021 at 10:05:40 PM.

Annoyingly the reuters article links to itself instead of the Lancet paper. But judging by the timescales involved it looks like the group studied was probably elderly. In which case the results mirror the drop in efficacy of the Astra Zeneca jab in a similar cohort from Britain.

Whoa I never knew any of that. Anyway, for all of our Pfizer crew:

Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness drops after 6 months, study shows

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...dy-2021-10-04/

The effectiveness of the Pfizer Inc (PFE.N)/BioNTech SE vaccine in preventing infection by the coronavirus dropped to 47% from 88% six months after the second dose, according to data published on Monday that U.S. health agencies considered when deciding on the need for booster shots...

... Vaccine effectiveness against the Delta variant was 93% after the first month, declining to 53% after four months. Against other coronavirus variants, efficacy declined to 67% from 97%.
    oh no, it's still a million times better than quack pills

Annoyingly the reuters article links to itself instead of the Lancet paper. But judging by the timescales involved it looks like the group studied was probably elderly. In which case the results mirror the drop in efficacy of the Astra Zeneca jab in a similar cohort from Britain.
    Regardless, not what I would call a good sign. Not that it makes a difference in the respect that I expected that its a good chance this will require seasonal shots, but it would be nice to get better resolution on a general scale on how the various vaccines stay above a certain level (lets say 50% or more).
    But then again, this is infection protection. I guess the big question is if it still protects you from serious problems/death when the protection from infection drops. If it still does, its almost a non-issue in regards to urgently needing to keep oneself boosted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Moderna is the one that doesn't really drop in efficacy after 6 months right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Regardless, not what I would call a good sign. Not that it makes a difference in the respect that I expected that its a good chance this will require seasonal shots, but it would be nice to get better resolution on a general scale on how the various vaccines stay above a certain level (lets say 50% or more).
    But then again, this is infection protection. I guess the big question is if it still protects you from serious problems/death when the protection from infection drops. If it still does, its almost a non-issue in regards to urgently needing to keep oneself boosted.
    not exactly super scientific, and it's nearly midnight and im shattered but our oldies haven't started dropping like flies