hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 392 of 448 FirstFirst ... 292342382389390391392393394395402442 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 8941

Thread: PLAGUE: Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cause they infectin' EVERYBODY

  1. #7821

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,304
    The continuing smear campaign against science and reason in Trumpland helps breed all kinds of retards like anti-vaxers and flat-earthers.

  2. #7822
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Honestly I feel that most of this unwillingness is due to the lack of education above anything else.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a part of it for sure but the biggest reason is the amount of FUD being spewed, leaving people extremely distrustfull of pretty much everything. The reasons for said FUD vary ofc from good old greed to propaganda to stay in power.
    Yes but having a discerning mind is also closely tied to proper education. Critical thinking beats dumb propaganda when the latter meets a normal mind. Unfortunately “normal” minds today gobble propaganda like Sasha Grey dicks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  3. #7823

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Honestly I feel that most of this unwillingness is due to the lack of education above anything else.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a part of it for sure but the biggest reason is the amount of FUD being spewed, leaving people extremely distrustfull of pretty much everything. The reasons for said FUD vary ofc from good old greed to propaganda to stay in power.
    Yes but having a discerning mind is also closely tied to proper education. Critical thinking beats dumb propaganda when the latter meets a normal mind. Unfortunately “normal” minds today gobble propaganda like Sasha Grey dicks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And now you got me wondering wether I should google "Sasha Grey dicks" or not.


    I think I'll turn in for the night instead, the mystery will be there tomorrow.

  4. #7824
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Honestly I feel that most of this unwillingness is due to the lack of education above anything else.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a part of it for sure but the biggest reason is the amount of FUD being spewed, leaving people extremely distrustfull of pretty much everything. The reasons for said FUD vary ofc from good old greed to propaganda to stay in power.
    Yes but having a discerning mind is also closely tied to proper education. Critical thinking beats dumb propaganda when the latter meets a normal mind. Unfortunately “normal” minds today gobble propaganda like Sasha Grey dicks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And now you got me wondering wether I should google "Sasha Grey dicks" or not.


    I think I'll turn in for the night instead, the mystery will be there tomorrow.
    mate you are a 2011 how do you not know who sasha grey is

  5. #7825

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    7,021
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Honestly I feel that most of this unwillingness is due to the lack of education above anything else.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a part of it for sure but the biggest reason is the amount of FUD being spewed, leaving people extremely distrustfull of pretty much everything. The reasons for said FUD vary ofc from good old greed to propaganda to stay in power.
    Yes but having a discerning mind is also closely tied to proper education. Critical thinking beats dumb propaganda when the latter meets a normal mind. Unfortunately “normal” minds today gobble propaganda like Sasha Grey dicks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And now you got me wondering wether I should google "Sasha Grey dicks" or not.


    I think I'll turn in for the night instead, the mystery will be there tomorrow.
    mate you are a 2011 how do you not know who sasha grey is
    The Twitch streamer?

  6. #7826

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    3,296
    I haven't heard of this Sasha Grey person but anyone who has multiple dicks is worth learning more about.

  7. #7827

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,737
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Honestly I feel that most of this unwillingness is due to the lack of education above anything else.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a part of it for sure but the biggest reason is the amount of FUD being spewed, leaving people extremely distrustfull of pretty much everything. The reasons for said FUD vary ofc from good old greed to propaganda to stay in power.
    Yes but having a discerning mind is also closely tied to proper education. Critical thinking beats dumb propaganda when the latter meets a normal mind. Unfortunately “normal” minds today gobble propaganda like Sasha Grey dicks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And now you got me wondering wether I should google "Sasha Grey dicks" or not.


    I think I'll turn in for the night instead, the mystery will be there tomorrow.
    mate you are a 2011 how do you not know who sasha grey is
    Guess I'm not the Porn connoisseur everyone thinks I am.

  8. #7828
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,112
    What's the % of population which needs to be vaccinated in order to materially change infection rates?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  9. #7829

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What's the % of population which needs to be vaccinated in order to materially change infection rates?
    "Materially changed" is not really a helpfull wording. The infection rates have already materially changed but the number 70% vaccination rate keeps being thrown around in order for us to stop this epidemic.

    If the virus continues to spawn more easily spread mutations the number goes up. (Provided the vaccine still works on those)

    In short, we don't know because the world keeps changing.

  10. #7830
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What's the % of population which needs to be vaccinated in order to materially change infection rates?
    Have a look at the history of smallpox and it should be pretty obvious what percentage you need to eradicate a disease. However, that was somehow ez mode since smallpox doesn’t have an animal reservoir and it didn’t mutate nowhere near what sars-cov2 is doing, nor were the people completely retarded. Plus travel back then wasn’t what it is in the 21st century. Disease was way more than lethal though and countries didn’t fuck around with “muh rights” since it was a deadly fight that was being fought.

    Tldr we’d need to vaccinate as many people as humanly possible and eradicate corona viruses as a family. Whilst the former could be achievable if people would not do the dumb the latter is p much impossible unless you want to cull entire species (provided we would know all the ones which are harbouring the virus).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  11. #7831
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    2,931
    People have always refused vaccines, there were many cases in the courts over smallpox vaccines being refused.at least in the US, and considering the time period the whole "lol Americans" thing wasn't so striking since from what I can see alot of cases seem to be based around European immigrants being vaccinated.

    Herd immunity is said to be 70% but I feel likenthat number is a simulation result and not real world. The virus mutates in comprised people, so it can find one sick person and only needs to be transmitted to come out different. Usually that's not an issue, but when it is you get a new variant of concern and technically it means higher thresholds for immunity.

    At this point it's an impossible task. Luckily alot of data seems to indicate resilient immune memory for Covid, and mRNA vaccines have insane numbers on stopping variants as well. This will be with us forever, but could be rare if vaccines are supplied for anyone willing. The issue is the next one, or a variant that kills children. The same people that refuse vaccines might not give a shit about a minor in their care dying, and as dumb as this has been, that'll be far harder to go through.

  12. #7832
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    10,033
    You need something like +90% for daily life to safely return to normal. There was a period late last year where the goal posts in the US kept gradually descending over a few weeks to, like, 70% but that was also tied up in the prevailing madness and the CDC being compromised from day one by the administration of the time. In the West we're all gradually edging into the long-term 'find out' of fuck around & find out. Don't throw away your masks...

    Right now in my (Au) state we have an unvaccinated 60-year-old limousine driver who regularly transported international air crew from the airport to their hotels without wearing a mask, also visiting lots of public places. So now we have Delta spreading, which is cool. I still haven't got a shot and because a 52 yr old woman died from AZ (allegedly) they've bumped that up to over-60s now. So there's increased demand on the (virtually non-existent) Pfizer supply, including from lots of people who already had their AZ shot and had no ill effects. So they have no reason not to get their second shot - the same people saying not to get AZ in their age bracket have also explained people who already had 1 can safely have 2 but many refuse to listen. A friend got a job in a clinic during this madness and all he has done this week is field calls trying to convince people not to fuck around and cancel when it's perfectly safe for them to come back in but mostly to no avail.

    Having a natural fucking moat around us is starting to wear pretty thin as a defence because despite being what, 18 months into this the Fed Gov still refuse to take responsibility for quarantine facilities and insist hotel quarantine is safe and effective when it's demonstrably not and it's only a matter of time until we're finally fucked. Oh, that limousine driver? Approximately 4 seconds of passing contact outdoors was enough for him to infect a bystander with Delta. Just waking up each day now wondering if this is gonna be the big one.
    Last edited by Sparq; June 20 2021 at 02:53:16 PM.

  13. #7833

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    3,054
    The general rule for herd immunity is 1-1/R0, so with Delta's R0 being around 7, that means around 86% of the population needs to be immunised.

  14. #7834
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    People have always refused vaccines, there were many cases in the courts over smallpox vaccines being refused.
    Regardless how many those cases in the courts existed that number is dwarfed by the gargantuan vaccination effort that went on globally, which was my point. I do agree with you that we are exceptionally lucky where it comes to mRNA vaccines coverage.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  15. #7835
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    2,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    People have always refused vaccines, there were many cases in the courts over smallpox vaccines being refused.
    Regardless how many those cases in the courts existed that number is dwarfed by the gargantuan vaccination effort that went on globally, which was my point. I do agree with you that we are exceptionally lucky where it comes to mRNA vaccines coverage.
    Yeah it was and remains one of the most remarkable human endeavors ever, too bad the other side of humanity is also present even in that story.

  16. #7836
    Jori McKie's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8, 2014
    Location
    Lumpy
    Posts
    260
    Right now i'm feeling lucky as fuck. I'm a 52 year old German citizen with no underlying health condition nor a job which required early vaccination and i will get my first biontech shot on 25th of June. I feel lucky because i read the news and the delta variant which spreads like hell all over the world is not yet dominant in Germany but will be soonish.

    As others said with the delta (India) / gamma (Brasil) variant you will need ~80-90% of the world population vaccinated/infected to get herd immunity and even after that it is possible a new variant even more dangerous will occur. Covid will stay with us most likely forever and you will need a yearly adapted shot to stay immune.

    Britain right now feels it although the vaccination rate is very high, infection numbers are rising again and even the Euro 2020 football finals in London are questioned.
    Just check the news there is a disaster in the making in South America, Africa and prediction says in the red states of the U.S.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

  17. #7837

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    3,054
    In the U.K., our vaccination rate has dropped 30% month on month and is heading in the wrong direction. For some reason, our media doesn't seem too interested in talking about it, even though it may imperil our full reopening.

  18. #7838
    Sarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    In the U.K., our vaccination rate has dropped 30% month on month and is heading in the wrong direction. For some reason, our media doesn't seem too interested in talking about it, even though it may imperil our full reopening.
    Having not looked into the stats I was unaware of the drop. Which proves your point, it just isn't news.

    However do you want to create more fence sitters by highlighting the fact that there are more and more other fence sitters so legitimising the position that fence sitting is ok ?

    You are always going to hit a critical mass of volunteers who will happily get jabbed. It's what you do with the rest that counts. A slow erosion of their rights to access societal norms such as bars, shops cinemas etc should be a starter for 10.

  19. #7839
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,572
    I'm unsure anybody has the manpower to enforce that only vaccinated people have access to societal stuff. I mean at a concert it's quite easy, at a corner shop grocery store not so much. Plus the vaccination proof isn't there yet in a rather convenient way - getting a barcode thingie that you could place in your phone wallet would be nice for example. My vaccination proof is an A4 sheet of paper I'd need to carry around with me because the electronic signature is there but doesn't have a corresponding QR code for some reason
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  20. #7840
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    17,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I'm unsure anybody has the manpower to enforce that only vaccinated people have access to societal stuff. I mean at a concert it's quite easy, at a corner shop grocery store not so much. Plus the vaccination proof isn't there yet in a rather convenient way - getting a barcode thingie that you could place in your phone wallet would be nice for example. My vaccination proof is an A4 sheet of paper I'd need to carry around with me because the electronic signature is there but doesn't have a corresponding QR code for some reason
    We have the digital vaccine record in California now. It launched last week. Coming soon(tm) to wherever you are.
    meh

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •