hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 413 of 448 FirstFirst ... 313363403410411412413414415416423 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 8941

Thread: PLAGUE: Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cause they infectin' EVERYBODY

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    5G.....

In Germany we have only 2G and 3G . Don't worry i was confused at first too. There is an ongoing discussion in Germany if the private hospitality industry and maybe public sector are going to apply so called 2G or 3G rule.

So far
    2G means, only vaccinated + recovered are allowed to enter a private run hospitality facility after checking credentials. No restrictions on the number of guests. The 2G rule may be applied to public transportation/places and gov buildings in the future.
    3G means, vaccinated + recovered + tested (not older then 24h) are allowed in. Restrictions on the number of guests.

Some cry wolf that 3G is discrimination against the unvaccinated [...]
    I especially like that one. They chose to not get vaccinated, but ofc won't accept the consequences of their own. willful. choice! The English "Can't have your cake and eat it" describes this best, better than any German equivalent I can think of ("Auf allen Hochzeiten gleichzeitig tanzen ...")

Look, I chose to smoke. So I'm "banned" (in their words) from entering almost anything while smoking. Well, that's the consequence of my personal choice. I can be in there as long as I don't smoke and if I want a smoke, I need to visit the designated area. It's as easy as that. No one "discriminated" me but myself.
    Our human rights person already said it ain't discrimination with exactly that argument.

Well, some good news:

Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine—but vaccination remains vital

https://www.science.org/content/arti...-remains-vital
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Well, some good news:

Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine—but vaccination remains vital

https://www.science.org/content/arti...-remains-vital

i mean it's a virus, it would be news if it didn't work like that

It's like everyone collectively forgot last 70 years of virus research. But I guess there's money to be made and clicks on articles to be generated.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    It's like everyone collectively forgot last 70 years of virus research. But I guess there's money to be made and clicks on articles to be generated.
    When did everyone collectively have a clue about virus research in the past 70 years though? Medicine might as well be magic to the vast majority of us

I wish it was only that the deep masses have forgotten... fuck the decline of education and trust in experts.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    I wish it was only that the deep masses have forgotten... fuck the decline of education and trust in experts.
    Indeed. And it's quite paradox that in a day and age where it is easier than ever to find facts about each and every topic, too many people don't make use of it. It takes 5 minutes at most to verify or falsify most claims, by casually gleaning over the information found and taking the sources into account and then let common sense do its thing. One doesn't need to be an expert in any field to know that Nature, WaPo, BBC, SPIEGEL etc. most likely have their facts straight and therefore <randomname>.blogspot.com presenting something different should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's also quite fascinating to me that all those people claiming to be "just skeptic" (which is a very good attitude, btw) don't practice the first rule of fight club skepticism: "Be skeptical of yourself and your opinions first and foremost", i.e. question the facts that your opinion is based on, which you've learned e.g. decades ago in school every now and then. Science meanwhile might have different/better findings.

The biggest problem is people lack even the basic introspection to think what evidence it would take to convince them they are wrong. Teaching people to consider a reality where they are 'wrong' and then what evidence would have to exist to persaude them of that is almost impossible.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

They aren't skeptics, they are flat out morons. Even with thousands of them dying faster than people with the ability to properly judge information and risk they'll be here for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The biggest problem is people lack even the basic introspection to think what evidence it would take to convince them they are wrong. Teaching people to consider a reality where they are 'wrong' and then what evidence would have to exist to persaude them of that is almost impossible.
    Introspection is something that i'd consider as rare as common sense these days. Working with a lot of pretty smart people (particle accelerator) who really don't seem to display an ounce of introspection unless evidence is pushed under their noses creates quite a grim view on society. Also a lack of introspection has, by proxy, been taught in schools for the last couple of decades where there are no losers. Couple that with the real world where confidence is far superior to competance and, well, get ready ladies and gents as this shitstorm is just gonna' get browner.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Finally, some bad news

WHO monitoring new coronavirus variant named Mu

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...riant-named-mu

Finally we can call it Mu-Flu

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Nu variant incoming?

JOHANNESBURG, Aug 30 (Reuters) - South African scientists have detected a new coronavirus variant with multiple mutations but are yet to establish whether it is more contagious or able to overcome the immunity provided by vaccines or prior infection.

The new variant, known as C.1.2, was first detected in May and has now spread to most South African provinces and to seven other countries in Africa, Europe, Asia and Oceania, according to research which is yet to be peer-reviewed.

It contains many mutations associated in other variants with increased transmissibility and reduced sensitivity to neutralising antibodies, but they occur in a different mix and scientists are not yet sure how they affect the behaviour of the virus. Laboratory tests are underway to establish how well the variant is neutralised by antibodies.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/africa...ns-2021-08-30/
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Joe Rogan Says He Has COVID, Is Taking Ivermectin

“I feel great,” the host declared, unconvincingly.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Prayers for Joe....

to succumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Introspection is something that i'd consider as rare as common sense these days. Working with a lot of pretty smart people (particle accelerator) who really don't seem to display an ounce of introspection unless evidence is pushed under their noses creates quite a grim view on society. Also a lack of introspection has, by proxy, been taught in schools for the last couple of decades where there are no losers. Couple that with the real world where confidence is far superior to competance and, well, get ready ladies and gents as this shitstorm is just gonna' get browner.

I stumbled upon this some years ago.
    https://www.callingbullshit.org/

They have some funny case studies:
    https://www.callingbullshit.org/case_studies.html
    Food stamp fraud
    https://www.callingbullshit.org/case...amp_fraud.html
    Machine learning about sexual orientation?
    https://www.callingbullshit.org/case...ientation.html

It is quite educational and it remembered me of a saying when i did papers at uni "don't trust any statistic you didn't fake yourself". The thing is verifying information in our time is easy when you trust some common sources (like serious newspapers) but if you stop doing that and trust social media, well you are doomed.

But lets not forget the really stupid ones, overdosing on an anti worm drug for horse......
    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...r-online-cures
    Last edited by Jori McKie; September 2 2021 at 08:36:38 AM.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Society requires a fairly large amount of cognitive dissonance to maintain stability so it isn't exactly surprising people aren't particularly savvy.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Im going to laugh real hard if the rona claps him

A significant portion of the population also state they are under a constant information overload which is why they filter so much out and go for easy answers that 'make sense' and make them feel 'sure footed' in life. Couple that with social media information bubbles and presto 2021.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    A significant portion of the population also state they are under a constant information overload which is why they filter so much out and go for easy answers that 'make sense' and make them feel 'sure footed' in life. Couple that with social media information bubbles and presto 2021.
    It worries me where this information overload is comming from (i have no data for if this is the reason or people really are just fucking idiots ). If it does exist is it mostly based on said social media BS and rl clickbait/attention spamming media practices (Be afraid of rising crime ... when it isn't rising. Be afraid of immigrants, when there is a lack of low skilled workers to provide food. Be afraid of AI, when AI is utterly fucking useless atm. The general zeitgeists).

Could the population be better informed if social media, et al was restricted? No fucking idea. But as it appears that the majority of people in the UK, at least, would rather get their information for some fucktard moron influencer on facebook (or some random down the pub, 'cos' it stands to reason, roit'), rather than someone who has a peer reviewed data set, the chance of society forming a coherent fact based opinion on anything will diminish all the time that the media (social or not) and 'loud mouthed idiot' overload continues as an exceedingly dangerous positive feedback loop.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.