hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 113 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114115116123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 4494

Thread: PLAGUE: An American Musical

New York air traffic control is apparently closing for a while due to staffing issues

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Itally is not probably testing the general population, so we don't know how many mild cases there are, the confirmed positives are probably people that have been seeking medical help, so probably not a true 9% mortality rate, but still a horrible one.

Finland just had our first confirmed death today.
    I am not an actual medical scientist (I hate statistics), but from a clinician's perspective this is still very very bad. You have a microorganism that is overwhelming healthcare systems around the world and a lot of people admitted and tested positive are dying. Of course it's important for statistics' sake to know which people are positive in the community who have only mild manifestations, but shit's really really serious. At the moment the issue is not getting it whilst ITUs in your country are still overwhelmed and packed to the brim. And this alone is terrifying.
    Yeah, it is real bad still. I'm quite happy about the hard line implemented in Finland early on, hope it helps. We will probably also soon start digging into the emergency wartime supplies we have for protective equipment.

https://www.berlin.de/ba-treptow-koepenick/aktuelles/pressemitteilungen/2020/pressemitteilung.910221.php^

Berlin limited the max size of groups to 10 and closes all restaurants. Further steps are happening on Sunday.

Yeh, people really need this hammered into their heads it seems.
    nevar forget

So I'm a 41 year old smoker so I'm a bit fucked.

On the other hand I'm a social recluse when not working and doing drugs.

This will be interesting.

Good luck chaps
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Deaths in Italy up 793 today.
    At the current rate they will hit 1k/day in the next 2 days, possibly even tomorrow.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

@Cosmin, Sunny day you say? Same here, everyone in all xYU was out in the sun last couple of days, grandparents playing with their grandkids in the parks (even though at least in Serbia it has been forbidden for over 65 to leave home since Monday), people doing barbecues in the open in Sarajevo... Wonderful sunny spring days.

So after 5 days of limited curfew and only restrictions being on elderly, now they are finally closing bars and restaurants, and even escalating that to somehow supposedly closing public parks, and banning all indoor gatherings of over 5. And extending the curfew to be from 5PM to 5AM. All public transport shut down, but a lot of people are still expected to work, somehow.

Next 3 weeks are going to be hell. May God (or anything you believe in) help us all, best of health to everyone and to their families. This is worst shitshow of our lives, lets live through it.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Next couple of months are going to be hell
    fyp
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Italy is pretty much a special case. they did everythin wrong tbh. For example they just banned kids playgrounds like yesterday. I mean WTF? We have a ban on using playgrounds for a week and are like 14 days behind Italy Pandemic progressin. I know they have very old population in hospitals and all, but they seem to be taking steps to prevent virus spread very easily.

Also Spain is gona get fucked also. they are gona be worse then Italy, have a friend living there and she said there were like 30.000 tickets in one day to ppl ignoring the lock down order, also like 30 ppl arested etc.

also:

The politics alone are daunting. Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez, weak after forming a minority government, likely didn’t want to risk his fragile hold on power by banning large gatherings, experts say. Instead, he allowed thousands to attend soccer games last week, as well as permitted a 120,000-strong feminist rally in Madrid to proceed.
    They just fucked up

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/20/211833...ak-cases-tests

ffs
    https://www.newsweek.com/spain-coron...ficers-1493455
    Last edited by Badboy K; March 21 2020 at 08:35:46 PM.
    NcDot

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Next couple of months are going to be hell
    fyp
    I really hope that it will only take couple of weeks for people to learn that social distancing and even full isolation is a literal matter of life of death now. But yes, it will take at least month or two after people learn for this to start calming down. And no such thing as regular state of things until we get herd immunity, either through vaccine or the other more painful way.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badboy K View Post
    Italy is pretty much a special case. they did everythin wrong tbh. For example they just banned kids playgrounds like yesterday. I mean WTF? We have a ban on using playgrounds for a week and are like 14 days behind Italy Pandemic progressin. I know they have very old population in hospitals and all, but they seem to be taking steps to prevent virus spread very easily.

Also Spain is gona get fucked also. they are gona be worse then Italy, have a friend living there and she said there were like 30.000 tickets in one day to ppl ignoring the lock down order, also like 30 ppl arested etc.

also:

The politics alone are daunting. Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez, weak after forming a minority government, likely didn’t want to risk his fragile hold on power by banning large gatherings, experts say. Instead, he allowed thousands to attend soccer games last week, as well as permitted a 120,000-strong feminist rally in Madrid to proceed.
    They just fucked up

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/20/211833...ak-cases-tests

ffs
    https://www.newsweek.com/spain-coron...ficers-1493455
    Yeah but literally half the western world is a 'special case' that's gonna get fucked. Culturally, it's likely the USA will be worst of all (albeit more spread out population which will help), because MUH FREEDOMS means people ignore the government, and a general culture of selfishness.

Talk about Italy:

https://www.football-italia.net/1513...ning-next-week

Napoli have officially announced that the team is returning to training next Wednesday, despite the appeals of the AIC to wait until April.
    The club announced late this evening that on Wednesday March 25 they will return to training at the Castel Volturno for a morning session.
    President Aurelio De Laurentiis, along with Lazio patron Claudio Lotito were reportedly the only two sides in the Italian top flight that wanted to return their respective sides to training before the April 4 date.
    they are special
    NcDot

Trust me you will see that and more in the USA. Spain isnt much better. Greece is worse

en argentina la policia no jodan con la cuarentena jajaja

mira como ello dan los descamisados una boffeta

Last edited by Approaching Walrus; March 21 2020 at 08:53:55 PM.

This is worst shitshow of our lives, lets live through it.
    so far.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    This is worst shitshow of our lives, lets live through it.
    so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    https://augengeradeaus.net/2020/03/c...mler-21-maerz/

The Bundeswehr is getting requests for support, mostly to deliver material, but also to store material safely to prevent theft. And the Bundeswehr hospital in Berlin (they also treat civilians and run ambulances in central Berlin) will be declared a military security zone similar to military bases, which allows the use of soldiers for security.
    Now Germany can claim their defense spending exceeds 2% of GDP. GDP contraction from COVID-19 helps too.

@Cosmin, Sunny day you say? Same here, everyone in all xYU was out in the sun last couple of days, grandparents playing with their grandkids in the parks (even though at least in Serbia it has been forbidden for over 65 to leave home since Monday), people doing barbecues in the open in Sarajevo... Wonderful sunny spring days.

So after 5 days of limited curfew and only restrictions being on elderly, now they are finally closing bars and restaurants, and even escalating that to somehow supposedly closing public parks, and banning all indoor gatherings of over 5. And extending the curfew to be from 5PM to 5AM. All public transport shut down, but a lot of people are still expected to work, somehow.

Next 3 weeks are going to be hell. May God (or anything you believe in) help us all, best of health to everyone and to their families. This is worst shitshow of our lives, lets live through it.
    Be safe, friend and hope we'll pull through this. At least it's not a zombie plague else we'd really be doomed seeing how morons keep ignoring quarantine measures just because it's recommended and not imposed + enforced at gunpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

3 weeks? This is the next 4-6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Trust me you will see that and more in the USA. Spain isnt much better. Greece is worse
    I'd be legit worried in London tbh.
    Bojos almost non existent and very late response, the state of the NHS to begin with... I think you're also gonna get it rough. :/

Luckily UK cases and deaths seem somewhat behind the continent, and those weeks are critical to getting the gear and people and procedures in place.

I mean the NHS is still going to buckle under the strain, but at least we have had a bit of time to mobilise.

Also I was thinking about those hospital bed numbers. I dont really get how its possible for france to have 3x more beds than the UK but higher (pre-COVID) accute care bed occupancy rate too. Are there 4x more seriously unwell people PER CAPITA in France? Is the UK discharging a lot more people earlier in their convalescence? That might explain a 20 or even 40% difference, but 400%? To me the more likely answer is methodological differences in how the data is gathered which makes the whole dataset suspect.

edit: reading the methodology, the UK dataset excludes beds private care but the other countries do not (https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/sites/...ntentType=book). This maybe explains some of the discrepency but nowhere near most of it.
    Last edited by Lallante; March 21 2020 at 10:34:45 PM.