hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 35 of 217 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637384585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye of the Pandemic Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Hmmmm.... was stocking up on 5.56 an over reaction?
    I still have some 500 rounds left. Is that enough?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Hmmmm.... was stocking up on 5.56 an over reaction?
    yeah you probably only need the one bullet.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Something like this is probably appropriate if it gets really bad and you suspect you might be going somewhere you might be exposed but the best thing to do is practice good hygiene and avoid people
    As long as those filters have a FFP2 or 3 classification you're good.
    This looks far too heavy duty, perhaps I should just accept death?

Personally I would feel a lot better about it if they released a fully functional mask but made to look just like the bane mask

"Calm down, Doctor! Now's not the time for fear. That comes later"

I need that in my life, I want to look like Bane not a car detailer

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

Actual advice: https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/...-use-of-dr.pdf

Infections are now present in:

Denmark
    Lithuania
    Belarus
    Austria
    Croatia
    Romania
    North Macedonia
    Greece
    Georgia
    Algeria
    Nigeria
    Nepal
    Pakistan
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Denmark
    Lithuania
    Belarus
    Austria
    Croatia
    Romania
    North Macedonia
    Greece
    Georgia
    Algeria
    Nigeria
    Nepal
    Pakistan
    You forgot Norway? We have 3 or 4 confirmed cases now but the papers also broke news of a new case in Bergen just recently.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Denmark
    Lithuania
    Belarus
    Austria
    Croatia
    Romania
    North Macedonia
    Greece
    Georgia
    Algeria
    Nigeria
    Nepal
    Pakistan
    You forgot Norway? We have 3 or 4 confirmed cases now but the papers also broke news of a new case in Bergen just recently.
    You already mentioned Norway.

Soliciting suggestions for new thread title. Currently I have:

Wuhan-Tang Clan (diseases thread)
    Winnie the Flu (diseases thread)
    Live from Wuhan, it's Saturday Night *PLAGUE*!
    We're dead, we just don't know it yet (pandemic thread)
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/na...240726876.html

Pet dog apparently tests "weak positive" for Coronavirus.

Captain Trips Rides Again?

Anyhoo, something for our American contributors to think about before they plan on Uber Eating their way out of this one (it's a threaded one):

Dammit, now I want pizza....

~ oh and while I wouldn't go as far as to call it panic buying, here in my part of Australia at least it's almost impossible to buy non-contact thermometers & hand sanitizing gel now. I've had an order for a thermometer cancelled on me and the only hand sanitizing gel I can still buy is either 50 ml travel sized (grossly uneconomical) or a hilariously big 2 L bulk bottle that doesn't resemble the others, which makes me suspect people have overlooked it. I wouldn't expect huge numbers of either item type to be on hand so I'm not exactly shocked that they've depleted.

From what I can figure out from the few places that let you pre-order the next wave of stock, the non-contact thermometers won't start to stock again until late March & mid April. I'm guessing Chinese supply chains might be involved but a lot of stuff is coming surface shipping too. Either way I'm not hugely upset, it wasn't my first choice and I'm just going to buy three individual contact thermometers and label them for each of us so we know who uses which. It's half the price at least. I could technically go buy a non-contact thermometer from our version of Home Depot but it's like $75 for the cheapest option in stock and has enough of a margin of error to be effectively useless... I suspect a lot of people did this without reading the fine print because the cheaper $25 version is sold out in heaps of places and is basically garbage in this role.

Oh, I can still buy 1 L 'cartridges' of hand sanitizing gel, the kind you might see in an office/workplace or hospital but I'd need to buy a matching dispenser to use it. If the 2 L bottle I ordered gets cancelled too, I'll just have to suck it up and try to score a cartridge and a dispenser - at least going forward it's the most economical option...
    Last edited by Sparq; February 28 2020 at 02:26:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post

Anyhoo, something for our American contributors to think about before they plan on Uber Eating their way out of this one (it's a threaded one):

idk, seems ultra contrived.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

What's contrived about that? No one in the food industry has paid sick leave.

Shit, even the people in meat packing plants aren't gonna call in sick just cause they got a fever.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

Shit, even the people in meat packing plants aren't gonna call in sick just cause they got a fever.
    A dude that eloquent with twitter should be working at a marketing firm, seems like he's super underselling himself just flipping burgers while trying to support a family nearly into his 30s...
    meh

A dude that eloquent with twitter should be working at a marketing firm, seems like he's super underselling himself just flipping burgers while trying to support a family nearly into his 30s...
    Okay.

Okay.
    I'm not saying there's a problem with the problem that is presented. Just the presentation. I'm not sure why you think this is different in america to anywhere else though.

In fact. I see the first cases have popped up in Lagos and Sao Paulo, so the fun is only beginning.
    meh

To be entirely fair if I lived in a country with facial recognition scanners on every corner and hidden in every bush I might conceal my face also
    Iíve been wearing one in HK but mainly because the population density is pretty oppressive, you can get a bit freaked out with germs on public transport. Also it creates this little bubble of personal space in a sense; at least for me, an autismo.
    That sounds pretty hellish to me but I suppose someone has to do whatever it is you're doing there.
    Iím not sure keckers would agree that transactional lawyers need to exist at all haha!

I am back now, my firm and pretty much ever other one ordered people home very quickly. Might also no longer have to go into work in London soon as apparently Canary Wharf is emptying out.

What mask is effective? Could do with some links...
    Masks don't prevent you getting infected, they prevent others from getting infected when you're sick.

Gloves and hand-washing are your primary risk-reducers.

Anyway, on the topic of food:
    Food Handler Classes
    On September 18, 2018 the City Council voted to repeal the ordinance requiring food handler cards in Wichita. There is currently no citywide or statewide requirement for food handlers cards. However, please check with your employer or volunteer organization to find out if they have a training requirement.

The City of Wichita has developed a free online food safety course for volunteers. Anyone can take this course. Some organizations may require this course. This course may not be valid in other cities or or states.
    From https://www.wichita.gov/PWU/Pages/Food-Tobacco.aspx

I'm sure many red state shitholes are similar because regulations are for dumb, do-nothing democrats who hate the American people by destroying their businesses.
    meh

One of the medical staff at a hospital in Norway just got confirmed carrying covid-19. Four other people are being tested. Shit is starting to unravel.

I'm not very worried if I get it, think my body can handle it. I'm worried if someone else in my family gets infected, like my mom which is well over her 60ies now. And she works in healthcare.

Am also more worried about my mother (life long smoker, mid-60s, doesn’t take very good care of herself) than I am about myself.