hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 31 of 201 FirstFirst ... 21282930313233344181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Not having access to Hamburgers?

/s
    Time for robot powered drive-thrus.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    not that i imagine Meester understands the distinction between bacteria and a virus mind you.
    I do know that vaccinations use virus's such as when the first vaccination used the cowpox virus to combat smallpox. So tell me again how people cannot become resistant to a virus?
    You have to be exposed to the virus to develop immunity. This one is “novel,” so most folks aren’t going to be resistant to it unless it’s by random genetic chance, or previous exposure to other similar coronaviruses. Some weaker coronaviruses can present as a “common cold,” so it’s not totally novel.

Antibiotic resistance would only be an issue for secondary infections, which can be a problem with the kind of pneumonia this can cause. If you get an antibiotic resistant secondary, you’re prolly fucked.

Best not to think of it as a “flu,” better to think of it as viral pneumonia.
    You are using big words. Also long sentences. Meester doesn't do big words. Or long sentences.

Here, try this:

antibiotics not work on virus. work on bacteria. people can resistant. but needs vaccine. coronavirus new. no vaccine. vaccine not cure.
    I was trying to not be condescending, given the fact that all of us have an equal need to understand how this stuff works, but sure.

You guys stocking up on shit? Hand disinfectant is already impossible to buy where I'm at.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    First case confirmed in Norway late this evening

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    My school does a ski trip each year to South Tyrol. The trip is next week, the principal is currently checking with the school administration (the department that runs the schools in the borough) whether they are permitted to go on the trip or not.

Tapapapatalk
    Do eeet!

(Can I have your stuff).
    I'm not going on that trip anyway.

Tapapapatalk
    While "I didn't want that trip anyway." would have probably worked better, can someone +rep that man. I laughed so hard I almost had to explain obscure EVE humour to my GF
    This is hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And the trip has been canceled.
    nevar forget

Best thing to do is stock up on a few weeks of non perishables and frozen stuff so you don't go hungry if there's interruption in the supply chain. Some canned foods, stuff in the freezer, and some staple dryfood rice/bean bags or something similar. It's not time to run to the bunker and stock up on ammo but you may want to invest in S&W or something because you know people will start panic buying things.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Best thing to do is stock up on a few weeks of non perishables and frozen stuff so you don't go hungry if there's interruption in the supply chain. Some canned foods, stuff in the freezer, and some staple dryfood rice/bean bags or something similar.
    This - and also look at your regular grocery list and figure out the things you absolutely need that aren't food stuffs. Low on shampoo? Dish washing liquid or tablets? Paper towel? If there is significant disruption it's likely because the illness is present in your region so you'll want to reduce your exposure (such as by going out shopping) anyway and having enough stuff on hand to defer leaving the house will help, regardless of any quarantine conditions you may or may not also face...

Also, Mike Pence as COVID-19 "Czar"
    Last edited by Sparq; February 27 2020 at 02:14:49 AM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Best thing to do is stock up on a few weeks of non perishables and frozen stuff so you don't go hungry if there's interruption in the supply chain. Some canned foods, stuff in the freezer, and some staple dryfood rice/bean bags or something similar.
    Was discussing this with my father and we have plenty of stuff in the freezer. Though it would be a good idea to get more pasta, dried fruit, and dairy. Also consider getting some water jugs and propane. I don't foresee any disruption to water, natural gas, or electricity here. But if you rely on fuel oil deliveries, might want to top off now and get some propane for a camp stove.
    It's not time to run to the bunker and stock up on ammo but you may want to invest in S&W or something because you know people will start panic buying things.
    A collapsible security baton is sufficient, and won't escalate things as much. Mace is even cheaper, more concealable, and more effective.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    This - and also look at your regular grocery list and figure out the things you absolutely need that aren't food stuffs. Low on shampoo? Dish washing liquid or tablets? Paper towel? If there is significant disruption it's likely because the illness is present in your region so you'll want to reduce your exposure (such as by going out shopping) anyway and having enough stuff on hand to defer leaving the house will help, regardless of any quarantine conditions.
    Yup, did this yesterday. Now have more bog roll in the house than I think I've ever had before.

Spreading in the US and the CDC wouldn’t even test a suspected case because C O M P E T E N C E.

This is what happens when you have low funding: you triage where it's likely to be useful. The fact that their screening process had a false negative doesn't mean that they're incompetent, it almost certainty means that they're resource constrained.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...accine/607000/

The Harvard epidemiology professor Marc Lipsitch is exacting in his diction, even for an epidemiologist. Twice in our conversation he started to say something, then paused and said, “Actually, let me start again.” So it’s striking when one of the points he wanted to get exactly right was this: “I think the likely outcome is that it will ultimately not be containable.”

Estimates that 40-70% of the world population will contract it within a year.

Only question is what the actual mortality rate is. 2%? 0.2%? 0.02%?

This is what happens when you have low funding: you triage where it's likely to be useful. The fact that their screening process had a false negative doesn't mean that they're incompetent, it almost certainty means that they're resource constrained.
    I was making a dig at Pence. I’m sure the CDC staff are doing everything they can with the available resources.

some Southern Baptist fire

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...accine/607000/

The Harvard epidemiology professor Marc Lipsitch is exacting in his diction, even for an epidemiologist. Twice in our conversation he started to say something, then paused and said, “Actually, let me start again.” So it’s striking when one of the points he wanted to get exactly right was this: “I think the likely outcome is that it will ultimately not be containable.”

Estimates that 40-70% of the world population will contract it within a year.

Only question is what the actual mortality rate is. 2%? 0.2%? 0.02%?
    Assuming a 1% mortality rate and that half the world's population will ultimately catch it that's 39 million deaths from beervirus. Still bad, although not quite black death levels. If we're really doom and gloom at 2% and 70% catch it that shoots up to 110 million.

Same as any other viral pneumonia.

and we've got our first case(s), familiy holiday skiing in Lombardy.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Same as any other viral pneumonia.
    is this some new grift/conspiracy theory going about ?

because nobody claims the problem is the virus itself, it's the lack of resistance to it and the attendant symptoms it brings along with its capacity to spread with the efficiency associated with flu that is the danger. the existing mortality rates are all contingent on it not overwhelming healthcare systems, it's the second-order consequences that are dangerous, not the virus itself.

Pneumonia left untreated has, historically, a 25-45% fatality rate skewing towards newborns and the elderly, even the most basic antibiotics such as Penicillin brings that down massively, of course then there is the issues surrounding drug resistance. but the basic stuff can, reasonably trivially, be fermented on-mass if need be, but that in turn takes time and is by no means a trivial task to assemble when hospitals are overflowing.
    Last edited by Liare; February 27 2020 at 09:27:24 AM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    resistance to pill only relevant to antibiotic.
    Incorrect, https://www.cdc.gov/flu/treatment/an...resistance.htm
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    You are such an insufferable cunt who is wrong too often to have any claim on being so insufferable.
    i am not even sure he's actually grasping my point in the first place, there are "two killers" when it comes to pneumonia, one being loss of oxygen absorption due to tissue death and fluid build-up the other being bacterial infection in said dead tissue compounding the viral pneumonia with a bacterial one massively accelerating and worsening the symptoms. viral pneumonia is, usually, a comparatively mild condition to the extend that a healthy adult can and will walk it off without problems usually mistaking it for severe flu, by most accounts that's what CORVID-19 gives most healthy people people. the bacterial one, once it gets established and "runs away", that has a rather high likelihood to kill you untreated.

it's a fucking horrid feeling by the way, bacterial pneumonia. i had a rather severe case of it years back because i was too stubborn to see a doctor with my "cold" until i got to the point where just walking out the door made me short on breath and it felt like my lungs like they where covered in razors.
    Last edited by Liare; February 27 2020 at 10:27:17 AM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.