hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 191 of 216 FirstFirst ... 91141181188189190191192193194201 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 4304

Thread: Eye of the Pandemic Storm

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    That website describes the U.S as a police state that hides the truth about bleach injections, I was already smelling bullshit but having it rammed right into your nose is a good enough sign for me.
    Trump’s bleach injections or some other deep state conspiracy?
    Vaccines!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    That website describes the U.S as a police state that hides the truth about bleach injections, I was already smelling bullshit but having it rammed right into your nose is a good enough sign for me.
    Or, say, injected into your veins.

That said... the US is a police state. But bleach injections are a no-go.

Except maybe at Guantanamo. Or Pescadero State Hospital.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; May 20 2020 at 04:07:22 AM.

Only 1,5k deats in Trumpland, or half of 9/11 in a single day. Normal flu scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Only 1,5k deats in Trumpland, or half of 9/11 in a single day. Normal flu scenes.
    trending down!

Can’t trust those death numbers, everyone knows that people are dying just so they can blame Trumpet for ruining the economy. And dying.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Cant trust those death numbers, everyone knows that people are dying just so they can blame Trumpet for ruining the economy. And dying.
    All those countries with their fake virus and crisis actors, all trying to make Dear Leader look bad. It truly is America vs. the world.

/s
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Yes but those were mostly affluent white guys that died. 1.5k fat people is like what, a buck or two in comparison?

Someone get me the chart.

I view it as a badge of honor, really, its a badge of honor."

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB14kjWb?m=en-...rID=InAppShare

More cases just shows we are better at testing, so higher death toll just says we are better at noticing when people have died.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    “I view it as a badge of honor, really, it’s a badge of honor."

More cases just shows we are better at testing, so higher death toll just says we are better at noticing when people have died.
    I wouldn't be surprised with the excellent census, testing and healthcare cover in Trumpland that the real death toll were at least double off the official reported one.

I wouldn't be surprised with the excellent census, testing and healthcare cover in Trumpland that the real death toll were at least double off the official reported one.
    The statistic to watch going forward will be the excess death figure: basically the increase in deaths over the average for the same period in previous years. I suspect that everyone is understating the increased death-toll although some deaths may not be caused by COVID. For example the postponing of certain surgeries and cancer treatments plus people avoiding hospitals and doctors for fear of catching COVID will result in increased deaths going forward.

You have places like Jakarta where the number of funerals each day increased from around 1.5k to 4.5k at the same time there were few reported COVID cases.

I do not expect many 3rd world countries like Iran and USA to be able to provide accurate statistics of total deaths in their country, so we will probably never know how bad it was from them other than "well, it was a shitshow"

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

The statistic to watch going forward will be the excess death figure: basically the increase in deaths over the average for the same period in previous years. I suspect that everyone is understating the increased death-toll although some deaths may not be caused by COVID. For example the postponing of certain surgeries and cancer treatments plus people avoiding hospitals and doctors for fear of catching COVID will result in increased deaths going forward.

You have places like Jakarta where the number of funerals each day increased from around 1.5k to 4.5k at the same time there were few reported COVID cases.
    I think the non-COVID death rates of all kinda will be materially higher for some time to come.

Sadly, the suicide rate will an interesting one to watch too over the next few years here in the U.S., given we're now at 40 million newly unemployed, and with businesses starting to formally fail due to the shutdown.

For all the money our Government collects and spends, damn little of it seems to be going to help the people. Business as usual.

......3rd world countries like Iran and USA.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

I think the non-COVID death rates of all kinda will be materially higher for some time to come.

Sadly, the suicide rate will an interesting one to watch too over the next few years here in the U.S., given we're now at 40 million newly unemployed, and with businesses starting to formally fail due to the shutdown.

For all the money our Government collects and spends, damn little of it seems to be going to help the people. Business as usual.
    At least in Finland, where we have pretty good coverage on deaths, this whole thing has so far caused the overall death rate to decline. Then again we started with heavy restrictions and so far are at aroun 300 deaths with case numbers declining quite fast.

At least in Finland, where we have pretty good coverage on deaths, this whole thing has so far caused the overall death rate to decline. Then again we started with heavy restrictions and so far are at aroun 300 deaths with case numbers declining quite fast.
    Shutdowns will stall death rate in the short term (certainly here) as we'll have materially fewer auto accidents and the like I think.

It's the longer term picture that will be worth a look.

......3rd world countries like Iran and USA.....
    Consider that Iran at least has a few excuses for getting thumped by corona (like sanctions) while the USA basically has zero. While the USA still has wealth and power (though how longs that gonna last honestly?) it may as well be a backwater when it comes to the attitudes and the leadership

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6919e5.htm
    meh

Anecdotally, just things like traffic accidents and like, shootings at bars and stuff will be way down here, at least in the civilized parts of the US where trying to avoid a health pandemic is not confused with tyranny or communism or other words with more syllables than these people can understand.

Those should be tracked too.
    meh