hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 34 of 202 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536374484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Those dumb ass cheap dust masks fit so loosely around the face that they protect nothing from anything.

Whoever it is telling people that they're being conscientious by wearing them is just spreading dangerous misinformation. Not quite "condoms spread HIV" levels of misinformation but when this is over I hope more people take note.

A half face mask with a particulate filter is more expensive but actually effective.

Razbro, you should have access to an infinite supply of GP5 masks so you'll be fine.

You don't even have any hair so it will form a perfect seal... that's natural selection in action.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Those dumb ass cheap dust masks fit so loosely around the face that they protect nothing from anything.
    Helps keeping your sneezes from flying across the room i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Helps keeping your sneezes from flying across the room i guess.
    This mostly. Those mask don't actually protect the uninfected. They do help the infected not spread it further. A bit.
    Not enough to make a real difference compared to, for example, staying home if you're ill like normal people should do.

The prevalence of surgical masks worn by slightly ill or perfectly healthy people is more fashion and superstition than utility.

Its normal in Asia to wear a mask if you got the flu, to reduce chance of infecting others.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Well when i get even regular sniffles my boss lets me wank from home so ezpz.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Its normal in Asia to wear a mask if you got the cold, to reduce chance of infecting others and protect them seeing your snot dripping nose as blowing your nose into paper tissue is deemed unhealthy and disgusting.
    Fixed that for you.

It’s more than 1:10 tbh, it’s also related to privacy in many ways tbh, moreso than mainland in any case.

To be entirely fair if I lived in a country with facial recognition scanners on every corner and hidden in every bush I might conceal my face also

To be entirely fair if I lived in a country with facial recognition scanners on every corner and hidden in every bush I might conceal my face also
    I’ve been wearing one in HK but mainly because the population density is pretty oppressive, you can get a bit freaked out with germs on public transport. Also it creates this little bubble of personal space in a sense; at least for me, an autismo.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    I’ve been wearing one in HK but mainly because the population density is pretty oppressive, you can get a bit freaked out with germs on public transport. Also it creates this little bubble of personal space in a sense; at least for me, an autismo.
    That sounds pretty hellish to me but I suppose someone has to do whatever it is you're doing there.

That sounds pretty hellish to me but I suppose someone has to do whatever it is you're doing there.
    I’m not sure keckers would agree that transactional lawyers need to exist at all haha!

I am back now, my firm and pretty much ever other one ordered people home very quickly. Might also no longer have to go into work in London soon as apparently Canary Wharf is emptying out.

What mask is effective? Could do with some links...

I’m not sure keckers would agree that transactional lawyers need to exist at all haha!
    Transactions are pretty important and probably need a lawyer to mediate them at some point. You escape the gulag this time.

My uncle in HK works in HNW wealth management. He is far less useful.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I am back now, my firm and pretty much ever other one ordered people home very quickly. Might also no longer have to go into work in London soon as apparently Canary Wharf is emptying out.

https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/compan...+8720785&rt=r3

Something like this is probably appropriate if it gets really bad and you suspect you might be going somewhere you might be exposed but the best thing to do is practice good hygiene and avoid people

And eat your veggies
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

If this thing mutates and we will just keep on getting re-infected as with any other flue virus, whats the point?
    We can't go around with masks the rest of our lives.
    Last edited by VARRAKK; February 28 2020 at 10:52:18 AM.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Forgot to link this earlier: So you think you’re about to be in a pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Disclaimer: the following post is based on a half remembered public health lecture from a few years ago.

Isn't the point of masks to reduce the wearer spreading it to other people and surfaces if they are asymptomatic but carrying the pathogen? I'm pretty sure they don't do much for the mask wearer except make a nice humid petri dish on the front of your face.

The main transmission vector for these types of viruses is hard surfaces, so hand washing and not touching your face all the time should be sufficient. Maybe gloves if you want a trendy pandemic accessory.
    Broadly this is correct. There's some good information in the link above about the effectiveness (or not) of masks...

For example, the current advice right now (as of today in fact) in Australia, roughly translated, is WILL YOU DUMB CUNTS STOP WASTING MASKS BY WEARING THEM NOW, just to give you an idea.

Get on his level

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Something like this is probably appropriate if it gets really bad and you suspect you might be going somewhere you might be exposed but the best thing to do is practice good hygiene and avoid people
    As long as those filters have a FFP2 or 3 classification you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    I never wore one in HK myself. Never felt the need, really. Yes, it is pretty busy in places, but I found the MTR itself to be squeaky clean. Singapore levels clean in fact. And if you (can) avoid peak times on the MTR, it's not too busy either. And if you can't, they even have the nice white gloves on to push you in! And if you can avoid walking around Central, Sheung Wan, and (parts of) the escalators, I don't find the population density too oppressive either.

Having said that; I do need regular trips to Lama to get away from all the noise and bustle and relax a bit. You can't really do that on a rooftop terrace. It's more the continuous buzzing of the airco's that gets on my mind after a while. Nothing like lying on a beach with a massive powerplant on the horizon! (wooo!) Massive pints, crab-wars, and nachos at the Blue Goose not optional! Cheap, massively hot food two doors down. What's not to like?

(Budget option on the island: getting eaten by the mozzies while drinking pints out at happy hour with the revolutionaries at Club 71 at Pak Tsz Park.)
    My office is on queens road central and I live about 10mins away near the peak, so tbh I generally find it quite oppressive. I go to Singapore a lot for meetings and I feel it’s much more suited to someone like me who has issues with noise and personal space. On the other hand HK is a lot more fun and doesn’t feel anywhere near as artificial as Singapore does - I dunno, I find noise/the public generally difficult so I doubt it’s that closely related to the locale. I am getting gradually better though.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

As long as those filters have a FFP2 or 3 classification you're good.
    This looks far too heavy duty, perhaps I should just accept death?