hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 141 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4191131138139140141142143144151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3899

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    I was told heat and humidity helps inhibit corona. It makes sense from a virology point of view, and then also makes me wonder if heat and humidity inhibit the virus then why does it thrive in the human body?
    Homeostasis, perhaps. Biology is complex.

Think about fish. They need oxygen, just like us. But they don't survive for long breathing air like us.
    mind.blown

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

I was told heat and humidity helps inhibit corona. It makes sense from a virology point of view, and then also makes me wonder if heat and humidity inhibit the virus then why does it thrive in the human body?
    its just that more heat evaporates whatever fluid the virus is suspended in quicker, denaturing it.

Some promising news...

https://brokeassstuart.com/sf/2020/0...r-stays-quiet/

Dr Teismann: “Over the weekend, we typically see around 200 patients per day in the ER, and this weekend we saw less than half of that volume, approximately 80-90 people we’re seen on Saturday, about half of those patients came in because of symptoms suspected of being COVID-19.”

When asked about the state of other hospitals in the Bay Area the Doctor replied, “My colleagues at Stanford, as well as at other facilities in San Francisco report much of the same conditions in their hospitals. For now, the rate of new confirmed, infections showing up in Emergency rooms is not unmanageable.”

I asked the doctor if he believed that our early ‘shelter in place policy’ was having an effect, Dr. Teismann replied, “It seems very likely, that the ‘shelter in place’ policy has had a significant, positive effect on containing the spread of COVID-19 in the Bay Area.”
    Your A.I. overlords will rebuild soon.
    meh

because of course

Group Behind Central Park Coronavirus Tent Hospital Asks Volunteers To Support Anti-Gay Agenda

and chaser,

Last edited by Sparq; March 31 2020 at 06:17:25 AM.

Those studies also aren't definitive. It's more something that loops promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    That was stated as an alternative to steaming(universally preferred method) ffp2/ffp3 masks in an official document here.. Welp?

Or are n95 masks built differently?

MI8m8
    A big, new, rice steamer works i understood. Google for temp and time.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Yesterday's WHO press conference people didn't produce a conclusive answer regarding efficiency of masks, except for "the subject is under urgent research" or something, so I dunno.

Idk who's cock the WHO is smoking but they do obviously help

MI8m8

MI8m8
    Chairman Xi's of course...

MI8m8
    So have you bought facemasks yet? It's all over German news that y'all made them mandatory now for shopping?

Jena (small-ish town in Thüringen, I went to uni there) is doing the same next week.

I'm still on the fence but more and more people are wearing them now. I'd rather have a mask that actually does something for me as well, so FFP2/3, but good luck getting one of these nowadays.

@LeonM: left over mask from the military?
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

MI8m8
    Chairman Xi's of course...
    Surely he would be the most insterested side given he's producing everything :thonk:

Exactly

MI8m8

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

MI8m8
    So have you bought facemasks yet? It's all over German news that y'all made them mandatory now for shopping?

Jena (small-ish town in Thüringen, I went to uni there) is doing the same next week.

I'm still on the fence but more and more people are wearing them now. I'd rather have a mask that actually does something for me as well, so FFP2/3, but good luck getting one of these nowadays.

I begrudgingly ordered 2 x ffp3 masks from a German ebay seller price gouger while still in hospital couple weeks ago...high risk patient / immune system compromised. Keep one in the car and use it with gloves when shopping or going to the doctor / closed public spaces.
    I'm aware it's not perfect and that I should shave for better fitment and be wearing protective goggles but... Eh.

The simple face & nose ER masks being handed out at supermarkets soon are just to further slow down the spread.

MI8m8

If people feel safer with a face mask they should just use them. Keeps blood pressure, anxiety, heart rate, stress levels etc down.

Even if its partly faux security by using them wrong all the secondary effects working as i said before are worth it.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

Think about fish. They need oxygen, just like us. But they don't survive for long breathing air like us.
    mind.blown
    I was under the impression it was more about "When it gets warmer outside, people pend more time outside and get healthier cause of not sitting in a small badly ventilated room close to other people breathing the same air, touching the same things etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    If people feel safer with a face mask they should just use them. Keeps blood pressure, anxiety, heart rate, stress levels etc down.

Even if its partly faux security by using them wrong all the secondary effects working as i said before are worth it.
    Are you still in mental health Sacul? I can imagine you won't be short of work for a long time after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

mind.blown
    I was under the impression it was more about "When it gets warmer outside, people pend more time outside and get healthier cause of not sitting in a small badly ventilated room close to other people breathing the same air, touching the same things etc.
    I'm still thinking about the fish m8

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

MI8m8

Left over from when every Israeli civilian had a maintained gas mask, the filter for this one is from 2009, so i don't know if it still does something (no idea if it ever expires)

I put on a mask if I go out (in my pocket), but I don't think that it's effective at anything except keeping my snot on my face, I've Chineese made ones. Psychologically it's very soothing, so they help yeah. Other than that

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post

exactly