hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 140 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4090130137138139140141142143150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 3907

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Somehow Australia is so far keeping the death toll in check - 18 last I saw - and most of the dead are cruise ship passengers.

Maybe screaming "fuck off cunt" works against viruses???

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Somehow Australia is so far keeping the death toll in check - 18 last I saw - and most of the dead are cruise ship passengers.

Pretty sure adverse climate helps with resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    I am absolutely certain that Orban will hand these powers back at the first possible opportunity, yes sir.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    This is looking pretty bad for America. I hope all our American bros are keeping safe.
    Staying the fuck home, as instructed by the doctor, and finally ordered by the governor today.

... ironically, the "stay the fuck home" order doesn't take effect until tonight at 8, and the wife wants to knock out an errand that might not qualify as 'essential' before that happens. So I'm actually leaving the house because of the order. But it's been a week since I left the house, and it'll probably be another week or more after this.

I've put 73 hours into a game I bought 6 days ago. I think I'm doing it right.
    Quarantined and loving life.

This is looking pretty bad for America.
    Yeah. Stay the fuck at home guys. The numbers do not look good.

Haven't really left the house except for essential supply runs since the day after the first case was reported here (March 2nd).

I think the local governments here moved just in time, more or less, with the state as a whole still acting quickly, but, maybe 3 days or so later that optimal.
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    This is looking pretty bad for America. I hope all our American bros are keeping safe.
    I am wearing an old N95 mask from my basement that has at least 20 hours of use. It's rated for only 8 hours. There are no N95 or P100 masks or cartridges available anywhere.

I come into work 4 days a week and will start doing 1 day a week from home tomorrow. Most of my group works from home, but my duties require me to be on-site.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Protip :
    You put them in the baking oven at 70-80°C for like 20-30 minutes and then spray them with disinfectant / isopropylalcohol

Google it, even hospitals are forced to doing it

MI8m8

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    I'm speechless and don't know whether to weep or getting angry. I just hope we won't see this in German hospitals. Nurse and doctors reports on NYC situation in hospitals and that some already got COVID-19
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/n...tors-sick.html
    Don't worry, Eastern is near and the greatest leader deal maker has promised that by then the country will be operational again.

/s

BTW, it's always better to get angry and let them now.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

Pretty sure adverse climate helps with resistance.
    Ok, fresh hot take: BCG vaccination is beneficial against respiratory infections (nbs).

https://about.unimelb.edu.au/newsroo...thcare-workers
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.20042937v1

idk about Oz but it was basically mandatory in soviet russia since nobody was stupid enough to reject it

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Protip :
    You put them in the baking oven at 70-80°C for like 20-30 minutes and then spray them with disinfectant / isopropylalcohol

MI8m8
    According to this study, alcohol adversely affects the filtration capabilities of an n95.

Edit: source https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%...ovid19-PPE-1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Gorrm View Post
    Protip :

MI8m8
    According to this study, alcohol adversely affects the filtration capabilities of an n95.

Edit: source https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%...ovid19-PPE-1-1
    Just put them in freezer for 24h
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

That was stated as an alternative to steaming(universally preferred method) ffp2/ffp3 masks in an official document here.. Welp?

Or are n95 masks built differently?

MI8m8

The correct term is respirators.
    In Europe, they must comply with the European standard EN 14683, which has 3 levels of bacterial filtration efficiency (BFE1, BFE2, Type R). In the United States, they must respect ASTM standards which have three levels of protection (from low risk of exposure to fluids to high risk of exposure to fluids).
    In Europe, they must meet the European standard EN 149: 2001 which has three classes of disposable particulate respirators (FFP1, FFP2 and FFP3).

FFP1 refers to the least filtering of the three masks with an aerosol filtration of at least 80% and leakage to the inside of maximum 22%. This mask is mainly used as a dust mask (home renovations and various types of work).
    FFP2 masks have a minimum of 94% filtration percentage and maximum 8% leakage to the inside. They are mainly used in construction, agriculture, and by healthcare professionals against influenza viruses. They are currently used for protection against the coronavirus.
    FFP3 masks are the most filtering mask of the FFPs. With a minimum filtration percentage of 99% and maximum 2% leakage to the inside, they protect against very fine particles such as asbestos.
    In the United States, respirators must meet NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) standards. Within this standard, there are several classes of respirators depending on the degree of oil resistance:

Class N: no oil resistance. A distinction is made between N95, N99 and N100. The number after the letter indicates the percentage of filtration of suspended particles.
    Class R: mask resistant to oil for up to eight hours. Here again, a distinction is made between R95, R99 and R100.
    Class P: a completely oil-resistant mask. There are also P95, P99 and P100.

So, Which Masks Protect Against Coronavirus?
    A contagious patient should wear a surgical mask as soon as contagion is suspected.

In Europe, for caregivers, it is necessary to wear a respirator of at least class FFP2 or FFP3 for maximum filtration of particles and aerosols when caring for a patient who is infected or suspected of being so.

In the United States, the N95 respirator filters 95% of airborne particles, and can even filter out bacteria and viruses, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. So for caregivers, it is necessary to wear a respirator of class N, R or P.

copy pasta from http://emag.medicalexpo.com/which-ma...t-coronavirus/

That was stated as an alternative to steaming(universally preferred method) ffp2/ffp3 masks in an official document here.. Welp?

Or are n95 masks built differently?

MI8m8
    Disinfecting a mask does nothing for the dust and other particulates it acquires over a period of several days. I would have to wash it. That's not recommended, and can only be done 2-3 times.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Candy Crush is not a completely useless retard? Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Candy Crush is not a completely useless retard? Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Just put them in freezer for 24h
    Viruses in general and COVID-19 in particular are not especially vulnerable to cold. Dryness and heat are much more reliable.

Bacteria are much more vulnerable (and complex) than viruses.

Currently, there are investigations conducted to evaluate the viability and survival time of SARS-CoV-2. In general,
    coronaviruses are very stable in a frozen state according to studies of other coronaviruses, which have shown survival
    for up to two years at -20°C. Studies conducted on SARS-CoV ad MERS-CoV indicate that these viruses can persist on
    different surfaces for up to a few days depending on a combination of parameters such as temperature, humidity and
    light. For example, at refrigeration temperature (4°C), MERS-CoV can remain viable for up to 72 hours.
    https://www.who.int/docs/default-sou...rsn=4802d089_2

I was told heat and humidity helps inhibit corona. It makes sense from a virology point of view, and then also makes me wonder if heat and humidity inhibit the virus then why does it thrive in the human body?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    I was told heat and humidity helps inhibit corona. It makes sense from a virology point of view, and then also makes me wonder if heat and humidity inhibit the virus then why does it thrive in the human body?
    Homeostasis, perhaps. Biology is complex.

Think about fish. They need oxygen, just like us. But they don't survive for long breathing air like us.
    Last edited by Nordstern; March 30 2020 at 10:49:53 PM.