hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 138 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3888128135136137138139140141148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 3921

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    As one of those fucking parasites (although only long term rental in an apartment I plan/ned to live in) some investors do need to lose their homes. Housing has been fucked for years and needs to improve. Investors losing out and social housing investment taking up the slack is the best option around for achieving that.
    In Australia at least the housing bubble has been driven by a combination of a lack of new construction, the tax treatment of housing, the fact that fewer people now live in each dwelling, the concentration of job creation in the big cities, and the fact that we have been growing our population at a rate neither housing nor infrastructure can keep pace with.
    Oh absolutely. But if anything can undermine the grip of housing as an investment option in Australia it'll be a good thing. Massive expansion of social housing would be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    I hope things wont get so bad, working in the hotel biz.
    But so far its gone from bad to worse in my country Sweden.
    Only thing thats actually stable is the deathtoll is low af compared to other countries. Could be that swedes where already good at social distancing before the crisis.
    Got like only 10-20 % of the guests at the hotel compared to normal. Worst part is staff getting let go left and right although at a slower pace than other hotels.
    Wonder if hotel will turn into faulty towers in a month or 2 with staff going from 30 with the temp crew included to 6 employes.
    Management already said evening receptionist staff will hand out sallad 2 days a week due to savings during the crisis.
    Not just in Sweden, airlines & hotels are getting fucked globally.
    So it the entire bar/restaurant business.

They are crying for help down here in Malmö.
    I know that this is insensitive to those in the hospitality business, hypocritical and unrealistic long-term, but global mass tourism is such a double-edged sword... the environmental costs are just too high. Everyone likes to think they are the exception, the eco-tourist who supports small local businesses, but in the aggregate it just doesnt work.

Maybe once we are all VR pod people, but until then idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Only thing thats actually stable is the deathtoll is low af compared to other countries. Could be that swedes where already good at social distancing before the crisis.
    Got like only 10-20 % of the guests at the hotel compared to normal. Worst part is staff getting let go left and right although at a slower pace than other hotels.
    Wonder if hotel will turn into faulty towers in a month or 2 with staff going from 30 with the temp crew included to 6 employes.
    Management already said evening receptionist staff will hand out sallad 2 days a week due to savings during the crisis.

I know that this is insensitive to those in the hospitality business, hypocritical and unrealistic long-term, but global mass tourism is such a double-edged sword... the environmental costs are just too high. Everyone likes to think they are the exception, the eco-tourist who supports small local businesses, but in the aggregate it just doesnt work.

There's a whole heap of industries that just aren't viable from a sustainable POV. I don't really think anyone who understands the science disagrees with that. The trick is not just writing people who work in those industries as a lost cause and instead supporting them through the disruption. There's huge potentials that on the other side so long as we don't just return to the same set up as ante-virus.

I don't think it's insensitive to say "this is awful and our first priority needs to be minimising the immediate harm but we need to keep an eye on improving things long term while we do that".

There's a whole heap of industries that just aren't viable from a sustainable POV. I don't really think anyone who understands the science disagrees with that. The trick is not just writing people who work in those industries as a lost cause and instead supporting them through the disruption. There's huge potentials that on the other side so long as we don't just return to the same set up as ante-virus.

I don't think it's insensitive to say "this is awful and our first priority needs to be minimising the immediate harm but we need to keep an eye on improving things long term while we do that".
    Airline CEOs all the way to Health Insurance Claim Adjusters should be able to learn to program.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Airline CEOs all the way to Health Insurance Claim Adjusters should be able to learn to program.
    Learn to farm

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

They are going hard on isolation orders in my country, from tommorow you are not allowed to leave your city/municipality, except for work or medical assistance.

The order came since yesterday a bunch of assholes from whole country were at the seaside taking walks, riding bikes . Also hospitals were full since a lot of people injured themself by doing extreme sports, motorbiking, downhill and also some fucking paraglider injured himself.

https://www.gov.si/en/news/2020-03-2...from-midnight/

The Government of the Republic of Slovenia adopted the Ordinance on the temporary general prohibition of movement and public gathering in public places and areas in the Republic of Slovenia and the prohibition of movement outside the municipality of permanent or temporary residence
    NcDot

One would have thought paragliding would be extremely well suited for social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    One would have thought paragliding would be extremely well suited for social distancing.
    Nope.

Fucking extroverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Nope.

Fucking extroverts.
    "Fuck you extroverts" seems to be a leading theme during this pandemic.

i'm down with that. we just had 100 years of an extrovert leaning society (since roaring 20's), time we bring back some solid victorian introvert values of being more private and shutting the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    i'm down with that. we just had 100 years of an extrovert leaning society (since roaring 20's), time we bring back some solid victorian introvert values of being more private and shutting the fuck up.
    Damn shame social media came along and gave every asshole a megaphone, eh? I joined facetube in college back when it was only for college students and you needed an email address from a .edu domain, left it last year after that story about underpaid content moderator contractors getting dumped on by the company and walking away with PTSD from all the horrible shit they had to watch that the worst people in the world post daily. If I could Thanos snap all social media out of existence forever I would do it in a heartbeat, it's done 100x more harm than good in it's brief time imo.

As far as extroverts go, my supervisor is a genuinely good person but is really struggling with this isolation policy, no one chooses how they're wired up and it's hard to watch people who are suffering for lack of contact with others. I do have sympathy for those folks.
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    If I could Thanos snap all social media out of existence forever I would do it in a heartbeat, it's done 100x more harm than good in it's brief time imo.
    So basically, social media is like daytime TV.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

As far as extroverts go, my supervisor is a genuinely good person but is really struggling with this isolation policy, no one chooses how they're wired up and it's hard to watch people who are suffering for lack of contact with others. I do have sympathy for those folks.
    I've had to conform all my working life to extroverts expectations. I don't like to see them suffer in isolation but damn would it be nice if they learned to understand that introverts are wired differently.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    If I could Thanos snap all social media out of existence forever I would do it in a heartbeat, it's done 100x more harm than good in it's brief time imo.
    So basically, social media is like daytime TV.
    Pretty sure you understand that is not even close. :P
    Daytime tv is just toddlers in a sandbox with the same attention span with the big difference is that they have no where to go and talk about it.
    Social media is the result of connecting all the sandboxes in the world and allowing every toddler its own bullhorn to full throttle cry through when their sandcastle fell over.

I'm with Ruri on this, most of the larger platforms should be cleansed with digital fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Sasko View Post
    If I where an American citizen, having this shithead as my head of government amidst this crisis would have been too much for me to bear. I think I would have fucking snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Sasko View Post
    If I where an American citizen, having this shithead as my head of government amidst this crisis would have been too much for me to bear. I think I would have fucking snapped.
    well, he has best approval in polls since 2016, so I am safe to say they deserve him

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/27/p...lls/index.html