hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 155 of 197 FirstFirst ... 55105145152153154155156157158165 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 3922

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I thought Coronavirus was pretty genetically stable compared to other viruses?
    There are now theorizing it is possible that we got it here as early as last Autumn and to, me, if that is possible, then why didn't we see this rate of hospitalization with it before...

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...241855856.html
    meh

And in general viruses tend to mutate towards less deadly strains, as they survive better

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    There are now theorizing it is possible that we got it here as early as last Autumn and to, me, if that is possible, then why didn't we see this rate of hospitalization with it before...

There would have been an increase in pneumonia cases if that were true, I guess its possible

So I'll say that the initial results from antibody screening have been pretty unreliable - hence why no one has rolled it out en masse.

A mutation making the virus much more contagious would not be out of the realms of possibility. Back in the heady days of the H5N1 bird flu outbreak what terrified researchers was that the fatality rate was something on the order of 60%, and the virus appears to just be a small number of mutations away from being readily transmissible between humans. It's possible some form of this coronavirus has been kicking about for a while, and at some point a mutated variant of it sprang forth that was able to tear through humans like wildfire.

At the moment this is all speculative - this class of research is only just getting started, but early results are indicating multiple sub-types of virus.

If that’s the case then it would seem to be that the answer to your question is “the virus is much less dangerous than initially believed.”

We need large-scale serology testing to determine what proportion of the population has already been exposed.

Cyberpunk 2077 on track for September release, CD Projekt says
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...d-projekt-says

phew

But are we gonna be playing it on the computer or in real life?

Both, in rl you're playing it right now.

They should want to release it in 2020 to honor the PnP.

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post

There would have been an increase in pneumonia cases if that were true, I guess its possible
    There were, apparently. In Italy too, the same theory is being floated after looking at their flu season hospitalization stats...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21D2IG
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

If that’s the case then it would seem to be that the answer to your question is “the virus is much less dangerous than initially believed.”

We need large-scale serology testing to determine what proportion of the population has already been exposed.
    Here's a news article about a large scale test that was conducted in one of the german hotspots (german only https://www.tagesschau.de/regional/n...sberg-101.html)

Translation+summary: About 15% of the population has already been infected and/or through it, death rate with that number is at 0.37%. That is *with* readily available intensive care for everybody in need.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

There were, apparently. In Italy too, the same theory is being floated after looking at their flu season hospitalization stats...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21D2IG
    In contrast this was one of the UK's quietest flu seasons in years.

Tbh I'd hope hospitals are actively testing for flu, not just recording pneumonia cases. That's definitely standard practice at least here.

Completely anecdotal but there was what we all assumed was a seasonal flu in very late Nov/early Dec that absolutely ripped through my team, put me out of commission for a week and took nearly a third of us out at one point or another.

The established timelines don't match up with that being anything but seasonal flu, mind.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Completely anecdotal but there was what we all assumed was a seasonal flu in very late Nov/early Dec that absolutely ripped through my team, put me out of commission for a week and took nearly a third of us out at one point or another.

The established timelines don't match up with that being anything but seasonal flu, mind.
    Same with my parents in the north of Sweden but late Jan-early Feb
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Had a nasty pneumonia in october. X-ray of lungs, all the good stuff. Autumn/spring like any other for me. I get it almost every year.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Still early days, but the "Herd immunity" strategy isn't looking very promising, and the hopes of an effective vaccine might not be that great.
    So lockdown forever vs let the weak die and then business as usual?
    Something like that. Current strategy is "flatten the curve" and "buy time until we can figure something smart out". Or hope it mutates into something weaker I guess.

Still early days, but the "Herd immunity" strategy isn't looking very promising, and the hopes of an effective vaccine might not be that great.
    Something like that. Current strategy is "flatten the curve" and "buy time until we can figure something smart out". Or hope it mutates into something weaker I guess.
    I don't see how this is going to mutate into something weaker... It's pretty perfect as is. Up to half of people who have it are asymptomatic and spread it around. It generally kills those with underlying conditions. Everythings pointing to a weak immune response and antibody production so this will keep coming back time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I don't see how this is going to mutate into something weaker... It's pretty perfect as is. Up to half of people who have it are asymptomatic and spread it around. It generally kills those with underlying conditions. Everythings pointing to a weak immune response and antibody production so this will keep coming back time and time again.
    Al we have to do is turn off the 5g though

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    this. i dont see it becoming "weaker" any time soon if ever
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    So apparently New York state now has more deaths per 1M population (360) than both Spain (330) and Italy (302). Sources: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ and https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ , sort by Deaths/1M pop column. That's going well then. USA as a whole is still at 50 so lagging quite a bit behind.