hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 154 of 201 FirstFirst ... 54104144151152153154155156157164 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 4010

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Personal update: I am still wearing the same N95 respirator I have been using for the past 3 weeks, since I can't find any replacements. The two additional respirators I have are being saved for my father.

I asked my dad today when he was going to start wearing a mask. "Sometime later this year" he said.

I mean, I can understand saving them for when it gets really bad here. But if it gets to that point, he shouldn't be going out, period. And I'll probably need the masks so I can continue working.

If anyone has a line on 3M bayonet-style filter cartridges, please let me know.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

you can tell he went ballistic at the end

also does anyone besides USA have that many food allergic people to consider protecting them on manufacturer and distributor level?

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Personal update: I am still wearing the same N95 respirator I have been using for the past 3 weeks, since I can't find any replacements. The two additional respirators I have are being saved for my father.

I asked my dad today when he was going to start wearing a mask. "Sometime later this year" he said.

I mean, I can understand saving them for when it gets really bad here. But if it gets to that point, he shouldn't be going out, period. And I'll probably need the masks so I can continue working.

If anyone has a line on 3M bayonet-style filter cartridges, please let me know.
    nordstern no harm - my sister is a nurse on a cardio ward in the UK. she isn't getting a brand new mask when she needs it - i think you might be able to cope.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    nordstern no harm - my sister is a nurse on a cardio ward in the UK. she isn't getting a brand new mask when she needs it - i think you might be able to cope.
    I know there's a worldwide shortage. But the masks I'm looking for aren't for me, they're for my father, who is 74.
    Last edited by Nordstern; April 9 2020 at 12:29:27 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Why are you worrying you spacker? Your dad isn't going to wear a mask anyways.

Cats appear more susceptible to the virus than dogs or other animals

The study, based on research conducted in China in January and February, found cats and ferrets highly susceptible to the virus when researchers attempted to infect the animals by introducing viral particles via the nose.

They also found cats can infect each other via respiratory droplets. Infected cats had virus in the mouth, nose and small intestine. Kittens exposed to the virus had massive lesions in their lungs, nose and throat.

“Surveillance for SARS-CoV-2 in cats should be considered as an adjunct to elimination of COVID-19 in humans,” the authors wrote.

In ferrets, the virus was found in the upper respiratory tract but did not cause severe disease.

Antibody tests showed dogs were less likely to catch the virus, while inoculated pigs, chickens, and ducks were not found to have any strain of the virus.

“It’s both interesting and not terribly surprising in the sense that with the original SARS epidemic, civet cats were implicated as one of the vectors that may have transmitted virus to humans,” said Daniel Kuritzkes, head of infectious diseases at Boston’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

Also, I ran some numbers because I didn't find them in a cursory search.

Minnesota and West Virginia are the least affected, with 20 and 26 cases per 100k people, respectively. Puerto Rico has 19, but they're not a state.
    New York, New Jersey, and Louisiana are the most affected, with 777 / 534 / 366 cases per 100k people, respectively.

I'm trying to find a correlation between infection rate and any particular demographic, but I haven't found one yet.

Minnesota and West Virginia are the least affected, with 20 and 26 cases per 100k people, respectively. Puerto Rico has 19, but they're not a state.
    New York, New Jersey, and Louisiana are the most affected, with 777 / 534 / 366 cases per 100k people, respectively.

I'm trying to find a correlation between infection rate and any particular demographic, but I haven't found one yet.
    Population density and tourism.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Testing coverage is so spotty that this doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

Are we calculating population density by area of state or area of populated census blocks? Because that changes things.

Percentage of population that uses mass transit at least once a week might show a signal.
    Last edited by Nordstern; April 9 2020 at 05:03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

And returning tourism, i.e. people returning from the plague lands in Europe.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

In the case of Louisiana, I suspect much of the higher numbers are related to Mardi Gras having just taken place the end of February, they have much more incoming than outgoing tourism. (Not to mention, highest rates of obesity in the nation, which is a factor.)
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Still early days, but the "Herd immunity" strategy isn't looking very promising, and the hopes of an effective vaccine might not be that great.

New CDC paper (not peer reviewed? and subject to revision?) claims that coronavirus has an R0 of ~5.7 (95% CI 3.88.9).

They claim this would raise the 'herd immunity' threshold from ~55% at an R0 of 2.2 to ~82%.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0282_article

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Still early days, but the "Herd immunity" strategy isn't looking very promising, and the hopes of an effective vaccine might not be that great.
    So lockdown forever vs let the weak die and then business as usual?

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    So lockdown forever vs let the weak die and then business as usual?
    Lockdown for 6 months then international travel includes a 100% screening system for a years, vs short lockdown not to save lives against the virus itself but to buffer against the additional deaths incurred by over-saturated hospitals and allow us to get PPE/test production levels high enough.

So, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

So lockdown forever vs let the weak die, then the virus mutates, then more people die, then the virus mutates, then more people die, etc, and then business as usual?
    FYP
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    So lockdown forever vs let the weak die, then the virus mutates, then more people die, then the virus mutates, then more people die, then dinosaurs return, ..., and then business as usual?
    FYP
    FYP

I thought Coronavirus was pretty genetically stable compared to other viruses?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.