hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 151 of 202 FirstFirst ... 51101141148149150151152153154161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 4026

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    A leaked memo seen by the FT says London hospitals are running low on available dialysis machines due to a higher than expected number of acute kidney complications. Possibly due to the aggressive use of diuretics like Frusemide
    There'll be shortages of all sorts of machines. Syringe drivers are going to be another area of concern - these are probably the "pumps" referred to. It's not uncommon to see these connected up eight or ten per patient in an ICU context. They'll run out in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Slovenia had its first case on 3.3 and we hit 100 cases on 12.3. currently total number of cases is around 1000. Our growth is pmuch in decline for the last 10 days. So no we arent.

www.gov.si/teme/koronavirus

Check the graphs.
    So you're not wrong, but there's a reason I started from the point of 100 cases. Anything earlier and you're not dealing with an endemic spread, but individual cases. If a country manages to keep it that way, you see a spread curve like South Korea's, where deaths take 18 days to double. If they don't you see a spread like the rest of the world, with maybe a few days' difference.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

Jump down to the "Deaths from COVID-19" section - the "doubled in" stat is the key one in the longer term. Slovenia in particular is currently at 5 days. It's early enough that that might be a statistical aberration, but it's also on a curve that looks very like most of the rest of Europe's. The evidence that supports your conclusion is that the case doubling rate is at 12 days, which indicates either something was done about 10 days ago that has flattened the case curve now (and will flatten the death curve in about 5-8 days), or that you're not testing enough people. Are there figures for numbers of tests?

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    A leaked memo seen by the FT says London hospitals are running low on available dialysis machines due to a higher than expected number of acute kidney complications. Possibly due to the aggressive use of diuretics like Frusemide
    There'll be shortages of all sorts of machines. Syringe drivers are going to be another area of concern - these are probably the "pumps" referred to. It's not uncommon to see these connected up eight or ten per patient in an ICU context. They'll run out in no time.

Slovenia had its first case on 3.3 and we hit 100 cases on 12.3. currently total number of cases is around 1000. Our growth is pmuch in decline for the last 10 days. So no we arent.

www.gov.si/teme/koronavirus

Check the graphs.
    So you're not wrong, but there's a reason I started from the point of 100 cases. Anything earlier and you're not dealing with an endemic spread, but individual cases. If a country manages to keep it that way, you see a spread curve like South Korea's, where deaths take 18 days to double. If they don't you see a spread like the rest of the world, with maybe a few days' difference.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

Jump down to the "Deaths from COVID-19" section - the "doubled in" stat is the key one in the longer term. Slovenia in particular is currently at 5 days. It's early enough that that might be a statistical aberration, but it's also on a curve that looks very like most of the rest of Europe's. The evidence that supports your conclusion is that the case doubling rate is at 12 days, which indicates either something was done about 10 days ago that has flattened the case curve now (and will flatten the death curve in about 5-8 days), or that you're not testing enough people. Are there figures for numbers of tests?
    Yes I know. We have similar local trackers.
    Government issued numbers below, number of total cases up to now:

Number of tests done total up to now:

Graph showing the following:
    - green line people diagnosed per day
    - blue line people currently in hospital treatment connected to Covid-19
    - orange line number of people in intensive care units
    - black line is cumulative number of deaths
    - pink line is cumulative number of people discharged from hospitals

We closed public transport on 14th of march, schools, bars and restaurants on 16th of march, banned public gatherings (so more than 5 people) on 30th of march.

People, seriously?

Mobile phone mast fires are being investigated amid conspiracy theories claiming a link between 5G and coronavirus.

There have been fires at masts in Birmingham, Liverpool and Melling in Merseyside.

A video, allegedly of the blaze in Aigburth, was shared on YouTube and Facebook, claiming a link between the mobile technology and Covid-19.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-52164358

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Why is Germany seemingly dealing with this so much better than other nations? Are they measuring stuff differently or just good at pandemic response?
    Dealing better in which regard?

If I'm not mistaken, our infaction ratio is similar to other countries. Our death/infection seems to be better. One reason for that seems to be the # of intense care beds / ppl.

Beds per 100,000 inhabitants:

Source: https://www.destatis.de/DE/Themen/Ge...r/_inhalt.html

E.g. the high death toll in Italy is mostly due to the fact that people die because the lack of treatment, forcing medics into the very ugly act of Triage
    Another factor is that, besides the clubbers already mentioned, a large fraction of infected were men aged 30-40, i.e. healthy working age folks who contracted in a business setting. Italians may have been the same, but traditionally, they live in very close contact with multiple generations, making the jump to elderly easier. We Germans, apparently, neglect our elderly, so they stayed uninfected longer.

In any case, now we have multiple care homes with infected cases, so we may have been living on borrowed time.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Anyone has a link to that site where they got both scales logarithmic and you can see animation of country graphs racing in a straight line, so that if a country has slowed down you see drop below the main diagonal?
    I think this is the site you mean. It is a very useful model:
    https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/

It is quite complex. Both scales are logarithmic and neither is time. This video explains the graph:
    https://youtu.be/54XLXg4fYsc

Google put their big data collection to some good use and published reports on how mobility is affected by the pandemic, i.e. do people fucking stay at home?

It's a PDF per country. Haven't checked others, but expect them to be the same: Germany's data has been broken down to the individual states.

https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/

Slovenia has both Germany and Austria beaten both on cases and deaths / million people. So does Croatia and Serbia. There are several factors innplay here not just how well funded is the healthcare system
    >implying those are real numbers

Despite infecting half of Europe by way of ski based alcoholism we managed pretty well. Infection rate dropped off a cliff and is approaching 1. Much to the surprise of everybody our government acted somewhat quickly, competent and decisively.

I'm also surprised about the German numbers since they kept flailing for an additional week or two.
    MI8m8
    Last edited by Stoffl; April 6 2020 at 04:21:57 PM.

Google put their big data collection to some good use and published reports on how mobility is affected by the pandemic, i.e. do people fucking stay at home?

It's a PDF per country. Haven't checked others, but expect them to be the same: Germany's data has been broken down to the individual states.

Admittedly only skimread it, but I'm shocked (SHOCKED) that several predominantly Republican states in the US have seen a massive uptick in 'parks and recreation'.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

There are some pretty stark differences here and there.

Visits to parks:

Israel -56%
    Denmark +35%
    Sweden +43%
    Germany -49%

Schleswig-Holstein is your weakest link.
    meh

...can we have it back ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    ...can we have it back ?
    trade for Lego?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    There are some pretty stark differences here and there.

Visits to parks:

Israel -56%
    Denmark +35%
    Sweden +43%
    Germany -49%
    But in the Nordics there's a lot of space and basically parks are plentiful and big. I can go right now to two different parks and I could spend the whole day there without having to go closer than ten meters from any other humans. Only the city centers of the capitals have difficulty in getting out and about. Going for walks in parks is pretty commonplace now.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

We can still visit opens space nature parks in the mountains to hike, but they have closed all the parkign lots, so there is really very limited numbers that can go, and our city parks have all been closed, becasue people abused ti first weekend of lock down (which was glorious California spring).

Nature has been a bro, and it's rained almost constantly since then which is both going to delay fire season, and has kept people inside more than normal.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Slovenia has both Germany and Austria beaten both on cases and deaths / million people. So does Croatia and Serbia. There are several factors innplay here not just how well funded is the healthcare system
    >implying those are real numbers

Despite infecting half of Europe by way of ski based alcoholism we managed pretty well. Infection rate dropped off a cliff and is approaching 1. Much to the surprise of everybody our government acted somewhat quickly, competent and decisively.

I'm also surprised about the German numbers since they kept flailing for an additional week or two.
    MI8m8
    Dont be jelly.

People, seriously?

Mobile phone mast fires are being investigated amid conspiracy theories claiming a link between 5G and coronavirus.

There have been fires at masts in Birmingham, Liverpool and Melling in Merseyside.

A video, allegedly of the blaze in Aigburth, was shared on YouTube and Facebook, claiming a link between the mobile technology and Covid-19.
    I live in the other UK. The one that's not infested with incredibly stupid people.

You can come visit me if you eat these mushrooms
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Anyone has a link to that site where they got both scales logarithmic and you can see animation of country graphs racing in a straight line, so that if a country has slowed down you see drop below the main diagonal?

It is quite complex. Both scales are logarithmic and neither is time. This video explains the graph:
    The first one yes, thank you. Yeah we are fucked, from the xYU countries I see Croatia, Slovenia and North Macedonia starting to go sideways instead of up while Serbia is still on straight line to hell.

Our psychopath in chief has been threatening occasionally with indefinite 24h curfew ("how do you go to shops? you don't go to shops!"). While at same time we have all the sweatshop factories he so gracefully opened continue to work without any protective measures, all construction sites are still open and working, and celebrities who violate curfew and gathering orders to throw parties all get 3 months of house arrest while ordinary citizens are getting maximum 2 years of prison. We are at 2000 something infected and our healthcare system is breaking, what will happen when there are 200,000 infected no one dares even speculate about.

People, seriously?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_(novel)

Stephen King was right
    14 years ago, damn Nostradamus that man

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

by the way, y'all should give contagion a watch and compare it to where we are now, if you haven't already.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post

The first one yes, thank you. Yeah we are fucked, from the xYU countries I see Croatia, Slovenia and North Macedonia starting to go sideways instead of up while Serbia is still on straight line to hell.

Our psychopath in chief has been threatening occasionally with indefinite 24h curfew ("how do you go to shops? you don't go to shops!"). While at same time we have all the sweatshop factories he so gracefully opened continue to work without any protective measures, all construction sites are still open and working, and celebrities who violate curfew and gathering orders to throw parties all get 3 months of house arrest while ordinary citizens are getting maximum 2 years of prison. We are at 2000 something infected and our healthcare system is breaking, what will happen when there are 200,000 infected no one dares even speculate about.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.