hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 149 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4999139146147148149150151152159 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3921

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

  1. #2961

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post
    They are right that the actual increase in mortality will be less than the amount of people dying from/with Covid-19, because indeed those people could have died anyway.
    Everyone is going to die eventually anyway. I have seen no proper studies on how much earlier these people are dying then they probably would have died otherwise.

    As an example, I'm pretty sure my mom won't survive Covid-19 if she gets it. She's 72, is missing half her lung function due to smoking most of her life (not any more thankfully), and has an auto-immune disease which means she's on a heavy cocktail of (immunosuppression) drugs all the time. However, given her situation, she's doing really well, has a great life, and there's no reason she can't go on another 20 years like this. I'm guessing a lot of people who are dying now are like her: definitely not the healthiest, but no reason they would have died SOON otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post
    We will only be able to properly judge how deadly this pandemic is in a year time by comparing mortality rates from this year and other years.
    While I agree longer time periods will give better numbers we already have some numbers right now. For the Netherlands (Dutch article): https://www.cbs.nl/nl-nl/nieuws/2020...rfte-neemt-toe

    It says that normally this time of year about 3100 people die every week (regardless of why). In week 12 it was 3575 people, week 13 is estimated to reach about 4300 people (not all numbers are in yet). That's about a 3rd more than normal, and it's probably going to get worse next week. Government is hoping it'll peak in a week or so and stay on that level for a while but I'm not at all sure they're right about that. If they are and it holds for a while that's still a shitload of people dying before their time.
    Also, on top of that, frankly, fuck their statistics and the ease people are discussing "just let gran die"

    Seriously? You'll just take your family and loved ones dying earlier than normal and call it fine?

  2. #2962
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post
    They are right that the actual increase in mortality will be less than the amount of people dying from/with Covid-19, because indeed those people could have died anyway.
    Everyone is going to die eventually anyway. I have seen no proper studies on how much earlier these people are dying then they probably would have died otherwise.

    As an example, I'm pretty sure my mom won't survive Covid-19 if she gets it. She's 72, is missing half her lung function due to smoking most of her life (not any more thankfully), and has an auto-immune disease which means she's on a heavy cocktail of (immunosuppression) drugs all the time. However, given her situation, she's doing really well, has a great life, and there's no reason she can't go on another 20 years like this. I'm guessing a lot of people who are dying now are like her: definitely not the healthiest, but no reason they would have died SOON otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post
    We will only be able to properly judge how deadly this pandemic is in a year time by comparing mortality rates from this year and other years.
    While I agree longer time periods will give better numbers we already have some numbers right now. For the Netherlands (Dutch article): https://www.cbs.nl/nl-nl/nieuws/2020...rfte-neemt-toe

    It says that normally this time of year about 3100 people die every week (regardless of why). In week 12 it was 3575 people, week 13 is estimated to reach about 4300 people (not all numbers are in yet). That's about a 3rd more than normal, and it's probably going to get worse next week. Government is hoping it'll peak in a week or so and stay on that level for a while but I'm not at all sure they're right about that. If they are and it holds for a while that's still a shitload of people dying before their time.
    Also, on top of that, frankly, fuck their statistics and the ease people are discussing "just let gran die"

    Seriously? You'll just take your family and loved ones dying earlier than normal and call it fine?
    but but but....


    value...
    meh

  3. #2963

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    7,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    It says that normally this time of year about 3100 people die every week (regardless of why). In week 12 it was 3575 people, week 13 is estimated to reach about 4300 people (not all numbers are in yet). That's about a 3rd more than normal, and it's probably going to get worse next week. Government is hoping it'll peak in a week or so and stay on that level for a while but I'm not at all sure they're right about that. If they are and it holds for a while that's still a shitload of people dying before their time.
    It'll take a couple of years to understand the full impact in terms of excess mortality. There'll be a long tail of people dying later because we were unable to treat them now as we normally would. In the UK we've pretty much stopped all non-acute hospital activity. That means cancers going untreated, surgeries delayed, appointments cancelled.

    Anyone even remotely suggesting the excess death number will be low because it's only granny that's dying, or pretending the long term economic cost is even remotely comparable to the immediate human cost (this is ambiguously being called an "exit strategy"), needs taking out and fucking shooting.

  4. #2964
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    3,595
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post
    They are right that the actual increase in mortality will be less than the amount of people dying from/with Covid-19, because indeed those people could have died anyway.
    Everyone is going to die eventually anyway. I have seen no proper studies on how much earlier these people are dying then they probably would have died otherwise.

    As an example, I'm pretty sure my mom won't survive Covid-19 if she gets it. She's 72, is missing half her lung function due to smoking most of her life (not any more thankfully), and has an auto-immune disease which means she's on a heavy cocktail of (immunosuppression) drugs all the time. However, given her situation, she's doing really well, has a great life, and there's no reason she can't go on another 20 years like this. I'm guessing a lot of people who are dying now are like her: definitely not the healthiest, but no reason they would have died SOON otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post
    We will only be able to properly judge how deadly this pandemic is in a year time by comparing mortality rates from this year and other years.
    While I agree longer time periods will give better numbers we already have some numbers right now. For the Netherlands (Dutch article): https://www.cbs.nl/nl-nl/nieuws/2020...rfte-neemt-toe

    It says that normally this time of year about 3100 people die every week (regardless of why). In week 12 it was 3575 people, week 13 is estimated to reach about 4300 people (not all numbers are in yet). That's about a 3rd more than normal, and it's probably going to get worse next week. Government is hoping it'll peak in a week or so and stay on that level for a while but I'm not at all sure they're right about that. If they are and it holds for a while that's still a shitload of people dying before their time.
    Also, on top of that, frankly, fuck their statistics and the ease people are discussing "just let gran die"

    Seriously? You'll just take your family and loved ones dying earlier than normal and call it fine?
    but but but....


    value...
    Not just any value, shareholder value!

  5. #2965
    Badboy K's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post



    Quite a few of my students will now not get one due to their grades being not good enough.
    I can speak for primary school and my country, teachers here got told noone can fail the class due to current situation. Even if they have negative grade now. Teachers must get in touch with such students and help them up the grade individually
    NcDot

  6. #2966
    Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2, 2012
    Posts
    7,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Badboy K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post



    Quite a few of my students will now not get one due to their grades being not good enough.
    I can speak for primary school and my country, teachers here got told noone can fail the class due to current situation. Even if they have negative grade now. Teachers must get in touch with such students and help them up the grade individually
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.

  7. #2967
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,103
    708 people died today to covid in UK

    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/04/u...gbr/index.html

  8. #2968
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,474

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  9. #2969

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    7,473
    inb4 triggered Joe and FF
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  10. #2970

    Join Date
    March 10, 2019
    Posts
    261
    Razor, what are your thoughts on coronavirus in Russia? Putin seems to be following in China's steps, taking the virus seriously while simultaneously covering up the numbers.

  11. #2971
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Razor, what are your thoughts on coronavirus in Russia? Putin seems to be following in China's steps, taking the virus seriously while simultaneously covering up the numbers.
    What coronavirus, comrade?

  12. #2972
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    22,985
    Things in Moscow seem ruff, picture database of confirmed covid cases plus automatic video surveillance to catch people breaking curfew

    MI8m8

  13. #2973
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    15,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Things in Moscow seem ruff, picture database of confirmed covid cases plus automatic video surveillance to catch people breaking curfew

    MI8m8
    You should know better than to post something like this without sources.

    What I wonder is why is Russia the first we hear about abd not China? They have the tech already in place with their social credit system. Or was this limited to one province far away from Wuhan?

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  14. #2974
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,788
    'The new normal': China's excessive coronavirus public monitoring could be here to stay
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-here-to-stay


    'Cybergulag': Russia looks to surveillance technology to enforce lockdown
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...force-lockdown

  15. #2975
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    22,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Things in Moscow seem ruff, picture database of confirmed covid cases plus automatic video surveillance to catch people breaking curfew

    MI8m8
    You should know better than to post something like this without sources.

    What I wonder is why is Russia the first we hear about abd not China? They have the tech already in place with their social credit system. Or was this limited to one province far away from Wuhan?

    Tapapapatalk
    Cba looking for an English source for news I read 3 days ago.
    https://m.faz.net/aktuell/politik/au...-16711245.html

    Gerome got my back!

    MI8m8
    Last edited by Stoffl; April 5 2020 at 02:36:22 PM.

  16. #2976
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,103
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    covering up the numbers.
    [citation needed]


    Government sent everyone home but forgot to give relief monies. When asked how people are supposed to pay their bills they shrug, lmao.

    “The fact that a certain regime is headed for a dead end in the long run doesn’t mean it may not have some advantages on the tactical level.” Melita Vujnovic, the W.H.O. representative in Moscow, recently told CNN, “Testing and identification of cases, tracing contacts, isolation—these are all measures that W.H.O. proposes and recommends, and they were in place all the time.”
    Last edited by RazoR; April 5 2020 at 02:43:02 PM.

  17. #2977
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,725
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    covering up the numbers.
    [citation needed]


    Government sent everyone home but forgot to give relief monies. When asked how people are supposed to pay their bills they shrug, lmao.
    I mean, it's better than not having a clue what the numbers actually are because someone's tiny little fragile orange penis-ego is jealous the virus is getting more headlines....
    meh

  18. #2978
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,715
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  19. #2979
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    5,871
    Yes and all those jobs will just magically come back as soon as this virus thing stops being a problem, whenever that is...

  20. #2980

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    7,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Yes and all those jobs will just magically come back as soon as this virus thing stops being a problem, whenever that is...
    Everything is a transaction to him....everything.
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •