hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 148 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4898138145146147148149150151158 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3921

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

It's become a every-man-for-himself situation even inside the EU, so Joe's pearl clutching about that one is hilarious

When we see dead bodies on the street like in Ecuador in 1.st world nations what will we call this pandemic? Armageddon?.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...3bc_story.html

I don't think we will have to face that but Italy was close and had to use the military in Bergamo to cope with the number of dead and divert them to other regions that was a bad sign. In Spain they found dead bodies in their beds in a abandoned residential home.

And the new numbers in US are more than frightening, NYC had a 34% increase in infection rate and a 23% in death rate in just one day.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/03/w...#link-64111ea6

Singapore which was one of the poster child in controlling the virus via tracking infected people now announced that they have to shutdown schools and workplaces. Only paywall link to FT.

Bill de Blasio should get kicked out of office by an angry mob. The guy was telling people to just go out and enjoy themselves at the start of the month!

Cuomo isn't much better because he dithered for a while before announcing the stay-at-home order.

Cuomo is doing a way way better job than the Orange man, he actually explains what, why and how. Just watch his corona conference and you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    Cuomo is doing a way way better job than the Orange man, he actually explains what, why and how. Just watch his corona conference and you will see.
    Sure, but he's also taking flak for a medicaid cut that he claims won't be a cut and for trying to give judges more power to jail nonviolent offenders awaiting trial when the last thing we need is more people in jail.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Cuomo is an idiot, I've been saying to my friends he should get major criticism for his handling of the coronavirus. The only reason he isn't is because of appearances -- he speaks better than the orange man and acts 'presidential'. Oh, and because the mainstream media is in bed with him and that whole incestuous web of NY politics.

Yes, that's completely it. Not that Orange man is a shockingly incompetent idiot followed around by a criminal cult of assholes, who would literally make Peewee Herman look presidential in contrast.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    It's become a every-man-for-himself situation even inside the EU, so Joe's pearl clutching about that one is hilarious
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21J6FF

It's even more retarded than that. Everyone was acting cocky and shrugging off the EUs call for centralized orders..

MI8m8

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21J6FF

It's even more retarded than that. Everyone was acting cocky and shrugging off the EUs call for centralized orders..

MI8m8
    I for one am shocked that centrist politicos would deny any issues or crisis' until they are absolutely undeniable. And then come clean little by little.

Must be the fault of the lefties.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Good News, Everyone!

No really, there's actually a spot of good news here.

https://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/p...id-19-vaccine/

It's a long way from proven and deployable, obviously, but it sounds like we got on the right track pretty quickly. Additionally, Pittsburgh and Western PA as a whole have seen (at least a temporary) leveling off of new cases, and while the city is still preparing to convert our downtown convention center into a field hospital in case things get much worse very quickly, it appears that we got to social distancing in time to make a real difference.

Hey, we had to do something to make up for that nonce a few pages back who thinks Drumpf is handling the crisis well ~
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Arkansas USA is pretty fucked from my view, we are one of the last 5 USA states to not have a stay-at-home order. I see people and vehicles out everywhere visiting commercial establishments regularly. My employer just decided to up our hours per week from 58 to 66(6x11), and swap 1/3rd of day shift over to night shift to "spread everyone out". I'm in the lucky few that gets to undertake that little circadian rhythm endeavor in 36 hours. what could go wrong.....

Quote Originally Posted by Right Rudder View Post
    Arkansas USA is pretty fucked from my view, we are one of the last 5 USA states to not have a stay-at-home order. I see people and vehicles out everywhere visiting commercial establishments regularly. My employer just decided to up our hours per week from 58 to 66(6x11), and swap 1/3rd of day shift over to night shift to "spread everyone out". I'm in the lucky few that gets to undertake that little circadian rhythm endeavor in 36 hours. what could go wrong.....
    Sounds like you're doing dangerous work for everyone going around dog tired and, quite possibly, sick.

Hope you are ok.

That sucks for you personally. But that doesn't seem like the dumbest idea from your employer.

Except of course because of people working more hours I'm assuming they're also expecting an increase in production?

Let's be fair here - no Government (besides maybe Taiwan who we can't talk about because CCP and maybe Singapore) has covered itself in glory regarding this pandemic. China should take most of the initial blame as it was their coverup in the first two months that allowed the pandemic to get started. WHO has shown itself unable to do its job due to the politics around its funding. Across the rest of the world Governments were slow to implement travel bans, stop major gatherings like sporting events or marches, and many played domestic political games instead of preparing.

The media at first downplayed the issue then flipped over to insane panic mode.

The public are also to blame here. No one took any of it seriously at first, then suddenly everyone was fighting over toilet paper and pasta sauce. When shutdowns were announced people crowded into pubs and nightclubs for one last good time. In Oz something like 99 people have been caught breaking mandatory quarantine, some to buy booze or drugs, one to visit an illegally open brothel. The brothel in Melbourne got caught because so many johns turned up there was a traffic jam in the street outside.

The whole thing has been a shit-show with Governments paralyzed between health and economic concerns, with a populous unused to pandemics, and with a shortage worldwide of needed medical supplies exasperated by nationalist self-interest and a global supply chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    When we see dead bodies on the street like in Ecuador in 1.st world nations what will we call this pandemic? Armageddon?.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...3bc_story.html

I don't think we will have to face that but Italy was close and had to use the military in Bergamo to cope with the number of dead and divert them to other regions that was a bad sign. In Spain they found dead bodies in their beds in a abandoned residential home.

And the new numbers in US are more than frightening, NYC had a 34% increase in infection rate and a 23% in death rate in just one day.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/03/w...#link-64111ea6

Singapore which was one of the poster child in controlling the virus via tracking infected people now announced that they have to shutdown schools and workplaces. Only paywall link to FT.
    Indonesia is starting to see a lot of deaths. Part of the issue was poor barely literate villages receiving dead relatives from the cities. The Government wrapped the bodies in plastic but the villagers unwrapped them to conduct Islamic funeral practices, which has allowed the dead to infect the living. Now villagers are attacking vehicles bringing home the dead out of fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    That sucks for you personally. But that doesn't seem like the dumbest idea from your employer.

Except of course because of people working more hours I'm assuming they're also expecting an increase in production?

Can't build Amazon warehouses fast enough; especially the one 1.6 km down the road. SUPPOSEDLY we are considered essential because the distribution of Amazon is considered essential to the country even though this thing wont be built for months if not years. They decided to make it earthquake-resistant which enacts a more strict U.S. code of engineering. That makes the builder's job (me!) more time intensive. Our welds are about 5 times the size they normally are for a standard structure in a major metropolis.

Edit: Grateful to have a well-paying job in these times but its a battle when you wake up at 4:45 6 days a week and then they say switcheroo!
    Last edited by Right Rudder; April 4 2020 at 07:02:19 AM.

They decided to make it earthquake-resistant which enacts a more strict U.S. code of engineering. That makes the builder's job (me!) more time intensive. Our welds are about 5 times the size they normally are for a standard structure in a major metropolis.

Edit: Grateful to have a well-paying job in these times but its a mental battle to no feel disgruntled when you wake up at 4:45 6 days a week.
    It's all fun and games until you get actually hit by one. Do that shit well mate <3
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Edit: Grateful to have a well-paying job in these times but its a battle when you wake up at 4:45 6 days a week and then they say switcheroo!
    Well take it from someone who has been doing that song and dance for 20+ years, get out of that job if that situation persists. It fucks you up mentally and physically after a couple of years and it will end up costing you more than the added pay. And that's true in Sweden, in the US with your healthcare system you'll be bankrupted.

No need to panic or anything, just don't go long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    They decided to make it earthquake-resistant which enacts a more strict U.S. code of engineering. That makes the builder's job (me!) more time intensive. Our welds are about 5 times the size they normally are for a standard structure in a major metropolis.

Edit: Grateful to have a well-paying job in these times but its a mental battle to no feel disgruntled when you wake up at 4:45 6 days a week.
    It's all fun and games until you get actually hit by one. Do that shit well mate <3
    Quality control checks every CJP (CJP = complete joint penetration) weld with ultrasound, so i spent all work day arc-gouging and re-welding some small spots yesterday in 3m+ of 4 cm deep welding on either side of a huge piece of metal. I'll try and steal some Saturday chill day pics.

@ Spartan: I spent 10 years in the air force doing exactly that aircrew-switcheroo-bugaloo and then doing tactical shit in Afghanistanications.....or flying to Qatar for a 16 hour fun ride.

Small refresher for me, hard on these coworkers that have no idea how to deal.
    Last edited by Right Rudder; April 4 2020 at 07:44:55 AM.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post
    They are right that the actual increase in mortality will be less than the amount of people dying from/with Covid-19, because indeed those people could have died anyway.
    Everyone is going to die eventually anyway. I have seen no proper studies on how much earlier these people are dying then they probably would have died otherwise.

As an example, I'm pretty sure my mom won't survive Covid-19 if she gets it. She's 72, is missing half her lung function due to smoking most of her life (not any more thankfully), and has an auto-immune disease which means she's on a heavy cocktail of (immunosuppression) drugs all the time. However, given her situation, she's doing really well, has a great life, and there's no reason she can't go on another 20 years like this. I'm guessing a lot of people who are dying now are like her: definitely not the healthiest, but no reason they would have died SOON otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post
    We will only be able to properly judge how deadly this pandemic is in a year time by comparing mortality rates from this year and other years.
    While I agree longer time periods will give better numbers we already have some numbers right now. For the Netherlands (Dutch article): https://www.cbs.nl/nl-nl/nieuws/2020...rfte-neemt-toe

It says that normally this time of year about 3100 people die every week (regardless of why). In week 12 it was 3575 people, week 13 is estimated to reach about 4300 people (not all numbers are in yet). That's about a 3rd more than normal, and it's probably going to get worse next week. Government is hoping it'll peak in a week or so and stay on that level for a while but I'm not at all sure they're right about that. If they are and it holds for a while that's still a shitload of people dying before their time.