hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 146 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4696136143144145146147148149156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 3922

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    What is common between Iran and Israel? Hard-core religious people in power getting infected:

https://www.ibtimes.com/israel-healt...antine-2951411
    Fixed link.

They are burning bodies in the streets of Ecudor now as the authorities aren't picking up the dead. Makes you wonder want is happening away from the developed nations as journalists cannot travel atm.

What is common between Iran and Israel? Hard-core religious people in power getting infected:

Every cloud, a silver lining.

Actually, it's things like this that give me confidence that covid will be dealt with relatively quickly. Normally "events" only affect peons like you and me, but this one is actually doing stuff to real people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    They are burning bodies in the streets of Ecudor now as the authorities aren't picking up the dead. Makes you wonder want is happening away from the developed nations as journalists cannot travel atm.
    You mean traitorous agitators and fifth-columnists, I think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

Actually, it's things like this that give me confidence that covid will be dealt with relatively quickly. Normally "events" only affect peons like you and me, but this one is actually doing stuff to real people.
    When we tally it up, this will end up being one of the biggest projects in human history.

Our generations Manhattan project.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

When we tally it up, this will end up being one of the biggest projects in human history.

Except instead of storming the beaches at Normandy or working 12 hour shifts in munitions factories all that's expected of the majority* of proles is to sit on their sofas and eat noodles... And most of them can't even get that right.

*Big ups to all healthcare professionals treating the sick and shopworkers mixing with the unwashed masses on a daily basis.

I seem to have noticed a shift of how the BBC are reporting deaths. People are no longer dying 'of' coronavirus but 'with' coronavirus. Or have I just missed it previously?

While i applaud the thinning of any religious herd that is also where the comparison stops. The way Israel and Iran handle this is pretty much like night and day. Especially how the Shin-Bet went tech apeshit on Israeli's 2 weeks ago.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I seem to have noticed a shift of how the BBC are reporting deaths. People are no longer dying 'of' coronavirus but 'with' coronavirus. Or have I just missed it previously?
    Just missed it previously, "have died after testing positive for covid 19" from the first national mortality. It was all people with chronic co-morbidity at the start and now there's too many to post mortem so I guess it's correct when you think about it.

Edit: though the rolling text in the tickers states "died of", interesting difference between spoken and written news.
    Last edited by tulip; April 2 2020 at 03:21:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Except instead of storming the beaches at Normandy or working 12 hour shifts in munitions factories all that's expected of the majority* of proles is to sit on their sofas and eat noodles... And most of them can't even get that right.

*Big ups to all healthcare professionals treating the sick and shopworkers mixing with the unwashed masses on a daily basis.
    With no savings, and no job, and no idea whether or not their landlord is going to be understanding or be a scumbag...
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

With no savings, and no job, and no idea whether or not their landlord is going to be understanding or be a scumbag...
    You could always eat your own poo. Infinite food!

The Theodore Roosevelt Carrier is rendered ineffective as crew quarantined in Guam.
    Congrats people....the big stick is on the beach....
    corona for peace prize 2020?
    Last edited by Candy Crush; April 2 2020 at 03:19:23 PM.

They might have changed the word but the metric has always been anyone who dies with a confirmed infection.

It's worth noting that the primary figure quotes by most news outlets is only people who have died in hospital. The ONS is doing a separate weekly rollup of other confirmed covid deaths in the community - that takes much longer to collate. Right now that's about another 10% on top of the primary figure.

<3
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    derbyshire posting that drone vid really opened the floodgates for the twitter rent-a-mob to have a go at cops nationally

first reaction was well done for turning that around so quick.
    Last edited by teds :D; April 3 2020 at 08:25:47 AM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    The Theodore Roosevelt Carrier is rendered ineffective as crew quarantined in Guam.
    Congrats people....the big stick is on the beach....
    corona for peace prize 2020?
    And the commander has been relieved of duty. It's seems they're holding the commander responsible for someone else leaking it?

Modly said the letter was sent through the chain of command but Crozier did not safeguard it from being released outside the chain.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

You could always eat your own poo. Infinite food!
    Surive the post COVID-apocalypse only to die of dysentery instead. Victory!

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

derbyshire posting that drone vid really opened the floodgates for the twitter rent-a-mob to have a go at cops nationally

first reaction was well done for turning that around so quick!
    not sure what you're referring to
    Last edited by teds :D; April 3 2020 at 08:25:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

first reaction was well done for turning that around so quick.
    not sure what you're referring to
    I tried to google around, it's probably this: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-52055201

Derbyshire police uses footage captured from drones and publicly shames people for leaving their homes for non-essential activities. IDK if there's more to this story, this is just what Google told me.

edit: changed the link to one with more information on how the public reacted to the video
    Last edited by teds :D; April 3 2020 at 08:25:33 AM.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

this is what manufacturing consent looks like

It could be the major cause, a contributory factor or simply present when they are dying of something else.

Most people who die with coronavirus have an underlying health condition, such as heart disease or diabetes, that may be more of a factor.
    by that logic, HIV doesn't kill people either, after all, they're just dying from infections.

Nearly 10% of people aged over 80 will die in the next year, Prof Sir David Spiegelhalter, at the University of Cambridge, points out, and the risk of them dying if infected with coronavirus is almost exactly the same.
    That does not mean there will be no extra deaths - but, Sir David says, there will be "a substantial overlap".

"Many people who die of Covid [the disease caused by coronavirus] would have died anyway within a short period," he says.

Knowing exactly how many is impossible to tell at this stage.

Prof Neil Ferguson, the lead modeller at Imperial College London, has suggested it could be up to two-thirds.
    "most of the people at risk would die anyway! no i do not need evidence to support my assertion!"

Meanwhile, University of Bristol researchers say the benefit of a long-term lockdown in reducing premature deaths could be outweighed by the lost life expectancy from a prolonged economic dip.

And the tipping point, they say, is a 6.4% decline in the size of the economy - on a par with what happened following the 2008 financial crash.
    and there it is, the actual messaging, "We Can't Have the Cure Be Worse Than the Problem."

it's not a new or unique take by any means, but i do wonder if the people who roll out the "fuck the weakened members of society, they should just die off from this virulent disease without society even attempting countermeasures" line of reasoning have considered the broader impact and implied messaging therein, people tend to not respond well to being or seeing other people being thrown under the bus.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.