hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 139 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3989129136137138139140141142149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 3922

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Sasko View Post
    If I where an American citizen, having this shithead as my head of government amidst this crisis would have been too much for me to bear. I think I would have fucking snapped.
    well, he has best approval in polls since 2016, so I am safe to say they deserve him

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/27/p...lls/index.html
    Well, historically any crisis or a war has always boosted the confidence in the sitting president down in united states of violence

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    How's your business doing anyway? Must be pretty good considering people are all at home and streaming.

Reading all these job woes I'm super happy of being a government employee.

Hold tight guys.

Tapapapatalk
    That will be a tough one for us. We basically globally ceased operations - not that there was much business the weeks before to begin with.

We're also in "Fucked if you do - fucked if you don't" situation. People are obviously cancelling their travels and rightfully so demanding, and also very much needing, refunds. Which forces us to shell out money without any current income to speak of*), which in turn drains our (non-existing) liquidity even more. We try to offer refund vouchers in order to be able to sustain a bit of liquidity, but understandably people prefer money.

*) absurdly enough, the only revenue generated currently stems from cancellation fees - which then leads to said refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    We make aluminium gas cylinders, we're still operating and they're even hitting us up for overtime, apparently demand for medical gas cylinders has increased... We got an urgent order from France last week, not a company in France, the government. Not our normal market at all.

On the one hand the job security that comes associated with manufacturing an absolutely essential item is nice. On the other hand I'm working shifts whilst people are getting paid 80% to not work.

I understand it's necessary to get people to stay home but why that is a percentage rather than a flat figure I don't understand. The only real difference in people's outgoings are lifestyle and fixed costs involved with housing and you could extend the same X months payment holiday to rents as mortgages have received?

I'm just salty, got a job and no one I know has died of it so better than average I guess.
    Spoiler alert and what nobody is talking about:

Those who are getting the 80% have been laid off. Laying off is what an employer does when temporary market conditions mean there's no work for the employee. It's basically the employer saying "we hope we'll have work for you soon, please wait for us".

A lot of people are about to discover that their lay off is going to turn into something slightly more permanent. There are some super sekrit planning meetings going on in my company that are basically looking at which properties to reopen...and which not to. Ever. Those discussions will be repeated en masse over the next six weeks as people realise this isn't all going back to normal on the 14th of April.
    In all honesty, anyone who thinks business travel, as a whole, will cone back after this doesn't understand how business makes decisions.

The businesses that survive this will do so on the back of telepresence.

Why would they suddenly add massive expenses to fly around everywhere afterward?
    Business travel is one of the most obvious casualties [...]
    I don't think so. The leisure travel will be mostly dead and gone.

And I agree with you that travels for basically pointless lets-have-a-face-to-face meeting will be gone. But there will still be business travel, as there's lots of work requiring physical presence. E.g. no one will video-conference that new solar power plant into existence.

BTW, free market will handle it all:

the market is working precisely the way it's supposed to, it's just not supposed to actually help anybody.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

It helps those who can help themselves.
    meh

Not sure if I've got it or not, will be 'self isolating' for a week anyway (not that I had any real reason to leave the house apart from fresh air).

Saturday evening I started to develop a 'mild' dry cough, no fever, runny nose, bit of fatigue, chills and acheyness. Was pretty much wiped out yesterday, suffered some 'gastric distress' (which is now being considered an early symptom), still no fever, stuck a big dollop of mustard on a teaspoon, could barely taste it. Apart from the fatigue and trots nothing's been too severe.

Malcanis can have my stuff.

Indian doctors being evicted from homes over coronavirus fears
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...onavirus-fears

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Not sure if I've got it or not, will be 'self isolating' for a week anyway (not that I had any real reason to leave the house apart from fresh air).

Saturday evening I started to develop a 'mild' dry cough, no fever, runny nose, bit of fatigue, chills and acheyness. Was pretty much wiped out yesterday, suffered some 'gastric distress' (which is now being considered an early symptom), still no fever, stuck a big dollop of mustard on a teaspoon, could barely taste it. Apart from the fatigue and trots nothing's been too severe.

Don't die por favor

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Doctors in India being evicted from homes over coronavirus fears
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...onavirus-fears
    FYP.

Indian Doctors is very ambiguous given that they basically keep the Australian and UK health system functioning.

Top mustard eating diagnostic process scenes

Coronavirus: Hungary government gets sweeping powers
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52095500

The Hungarian Parliament has voted by 137 to 53 to accept the government's request for the power to rule by decree during the coronavirus emergency. The law contains no time limit. Prime Minister Viktor Orban promised to use the extraordinary powers he has been granted "proportionately and rationally".

I am absolutely certain that Orban will hand these powers back at the first possible opportunity, yes sir.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

I really hope my sore throat (no runny nose, no slime in the throat), mild increase in body temperature, upset stomatch and exhaustion a week ago was the beervirus, would be nice to have a reliable test available for the antibodies

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Making masks is like printing money.
    At this price, it worth to make them in Germany, 70% 2015 migrants are unemployed, give them a purpose.

I am absolutely certain that Orban will hand these powers back at the first possible opportunity, yes sir.
    With such an accomplished and trustworthy statesman as Orban finally in charge, things can only get better for Hungary. Sunset clauses are for democratsloosers.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Geet whel swoon, Lark.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Making masks is like printing money.
    At this price, it worth to make them in Germany, 70% 2015 migrants are unemployed, give them a purpose.
    Sure... Like trigema, right?

https://www.trigema.de/index.php?cl=...0_001_1&lang=0
    Only 12 per mask with zero filtration!
    What a steal

MI8m8

I'm speechless and don't know whether to weep or getting angry. I just hope we won't see this in German hospitals. Nurse and doctors reports on NYC situation in hospitals and that some already got COVID-19
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/n...tors-sick.html

This is looking pretty bad for America. I hope all our American bros are keeping safe.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.