hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 130 of 236 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140180230 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 4709

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even Best Korea is safe

Glad to see our minority government working. Liberals propose Bill to help with coronavirus etc. Has some overreach it. Opposition calls them on their BS. Go back to original bill and pass it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Stock markets going back up. Window for the low point's probably closed, but if you still got liquid cash to dump into it you'll still do well.

Unequal distribution of capital doesn't matter when everyone has no capital.
    I have 8K in reserve, can I help? (I.E. do I keep my cash in reserve, to keep my business and household afloat, or did we really reach the bottom, and investing in stocks is a good idea atm?)

Although soliciting advice, I treat FHC advice with a grain (shaker) of salt.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Stock markets going back up. Window for the low point's probably closed, but if you still got liquid cash to dump into it you'll still do well.

I have 8K in reserve, can I help? (I.E. do I keep my cash in reserve, to keep my business and household afloat, or did we really reach the bottom, and investing in stocks is a good idea atm?)

I don't think this is it.
    meh

Keep your money. There will be some quite grim numbers coming from all sorts of directions for a while.

SPY puts for June expiry
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

SPY puts for June expiry
    Translation for the ignorant?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

That's a bet on the S&P 500 dropping.

Thanks M8s

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    That's a bet on the S&P 500 dropping.
    That's like betting on the sun rising in the morning at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post

Protesting wildlife extinction by advocating our own extinction seems problematic.
    This doesn't mesh with any of their other messaging.

I has a suspicious.
    its from an account that's been tweeting since last year, so quite a bit of effort for a fake i suppose. Aside from a few shitrags RT'ing it as proof that XR are lunatics, most of the discussion has been from other XR groups telling this one to fuck off.
    Solid, thanks for the context.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

Protesting wildlife extinction by advocating our own extinction seems problematic.

I has a suspicious.
    its from an account that's been tweeting since last year, so quite a bit of effort for a fake i suppose. Aside from a few shitrags RT'ing it as proof that XR are lunatics, most of the discussion has been from other XR groups telling this one to fuck off.
    Saw it at work (i work in comms) but don't have my own personal twitter acc, otherwise i'd link it you. obviously Candy Crush providing context is impossible so.

Yea if you're gonna dump into the market you are holding out long term. Emergency cash isn't meant for that kind of thing, but if you can spare some it's not a bad way to get some extra scrap for the future. The reason I'm going in is I had extra liquidity and stocks are half what they were a month ago. Will they go lower? Probably. Will they go up again? Well I hope my blue chip companies don't go tits up over this nonsense (they won't), but if they do I have a cache of ammo and food ready to start my reign as a Mad Max-esque ruler of my local newfound principality of Spazland.

Diamond fucking hands, boys.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Keep your money. There will be some quite grim numbers coming from all sorts of directions for a while.
    Agreed. If you think you can do well with short-term, volatile trading, then by all means, jump in. But if you plan to hold your stock more than a week, hold off.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

I has a suspicious.
    Saw it at work (i work in comms) but don't have my own personal twitter acc, otherwise i'd link it you. obviously Candy Crush providing context is impossible so.
    Surprised Liare wasn't the one who put that up. Sounds like him.
    Last edited by Alistair; March 26 2020 at 01:42:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

I has a suspicious.
    Surprised Liare was the one who put that up. Sounds like him.
    What?

Not an exactly a surprise perhaps, but in addition to the usual risk groups things are amplified if you’re an immigrant. A fair number of Swedish deaths are of Somali origin, so a group having limited knowledge of Swedish or English, possibly even basic literacy.

Factor in living across generations, small apartments and a distrust of central authorities and an unlikely heeding of social distancing the way it should, it really is a time bomb starting to go off now.

Maybe I’m a pessimist but when resources go into triage mode expect heavy guard around hospitals. 3 weeks maybe?
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

SPY puts for June expiry
    Translation for the ignorant?
    Invest in guns and ammunition. They hold their value quite well, and you know...

What?
    if i was a angry type, i'd probably go for some sort of slandering accusation in response to that.
    but really, i seem to have become Alistair's personal bogeyman whom he attributes all sorts of interesting straw-men to.

its a interesting thing to see really, quite how "we should put a brake on growth and reorganise the productive forces of society into meeting the needs of the people" becomes flat out anarcho-primitivism, a position i have myself called all sorts of insane over the years is left as a guess to the reader, because i can't see how that happens.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    ...i seem to have become Alistair's personal bogeyman....
    Nope, just another fringe nutter.

On a more positive "world pulls together to get throug this" note:

- Jägermeister donated their alcohol stock to their local university to facilitate production of disinfectant.
    https://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtscha...-16692757.html

- The EU partially suspends anti-cartel legislation so companies can coordinate distribution of scarce goods
    https://globalcompetitionreview.com/...er-cooperation

- Wife works in disaster management (so no online source for this), but apparently a major task they now have is answering companies who ask on their own volition which of the abundant orders they should prioritize since they can't serve all of them and wife's agency has the best overview on a national level. Which gives back some belief in humanity.
    Last edited by Miriam Sasko; March 26 2020 at 07:42:46 AM.