hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 107 of 201 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108109110117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 4011

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

50% of people in ICU being young will be because they don't bother sending the oldies there any more. Triage is harsh.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I'll admit that I wasn't as 'aware' of things during 9/11 and fallout or the 2008 crash but I don't think I've seen world leaders looking so consistently 'tired'. Not sure if that's because they're trying to play the game or if they're genuinely worried.
    I think they're legit bricking it.

MI8m8

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    I'll admit that I wasn't as 'aware' of things during 9/11 and fallout or the 2008 crash but I don't think I've seen world leaders looking so consistently 'tired'. Not sure if that's because they're trying to play the game or if they're genuinely worried.

MI8m8
    Seems like the most likely explanation

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Yeah this a real and unique emerging crisis that they can't see a way of exploiting for their benefit.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    And contrary to what you might expect, >50% of the people in ICU are younger than 50 years. They have a much higher chance of not dying, but before they get better they can still have it pretty bad.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/h...ng-people.html

In the C.D.C. report, 20 percent of the hospitalized patients and 12 percent of the intensive care patients were between the ages of 20 and 44, basically spanning the millennial generation.
    https://fortune.com/2020/03/18/coron...-italy-france/

The data bears out that concern. In Italy, the hardest hit country in Europe, almost a quarter of the nearly 28,000 coronavirus patients are between the ages of 19 and 50, according to data website Statista.

Similar trends have been seen in the U.S. Among nearly 2,500 of the first coronavirus cases in the U.S., 705 were aged 20 to 44, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Between 15% and 20% eventually ended up in the hospital, including as many as 4% who needed intensive care. Few died.
    That stat seems like a triage situation more than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Good news: Italy seems to be stabilizing.

Date New Cases New Deaths
    Mar 14 +3,497 +175
    Mar 15 +3,590 +368
    Mar 16 +3,233 +349
    Mar 17 +3,526 +345

Still massive numbers, but at least it's not climbing exponentially any more.
    Scary as fuck numbers though. Thats a 16% increase in deaths
    I would guess deaths are likely from people who were admitted 7 to 10 days ago or just moved to critical wards a week ago.
    475 today, accelerating hard. Spain looks on the same path
    actually not, on the official site of the Italian Ministry for Health

http://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuo...rus&menu=vuoto

positivi = tested and found infected
    deceduti = deaths
    guariti = dismissed because no more ill

do notice how as per today we have 4440 who survived vs. 3405 deaths and this positive gap is increasing, more People (in Italy) survive

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    And contrary to what you might expect, >50% of the people in ICU are younger than 50 years. They have a much higher chance of not dying, but before they get better they can still have it pretty bad.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/h...ng-people.html

In the C.D.C. report, 20 percent of the hospitalized patients and 12 percent of the intensive care patients were between the ages of 20 and 44, basically spanning the millennial generation.
    https://fortune.com/2020/03/18/coron...-italy-france/

The data bears out that concern. In Italy, the hardest hit country in Europe, almost a quarter of the nearly 28,000 coronavirus patients are between the ages of 19 and 50, according to data website Statista.

Similar trends have been seen in the U.S. Among nearly 2,500 of the first coronavirus cases in the U.S., 705 were aged 20 to 44, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Between 15% and 20% eventually ended up in the hospital, including as many as 4% who needed intensive care. Few died.
    That stat seems like a triage situation more than anything else
    This is also completely ignoring the fact that most countries are straight up telling people to stay home if you have symptoms and they do not test you. Thus not including those types of patients in the statistics.

This includes the Netherlands, where the official guidelines are

Staying home or calling the doctor?
    Do you have a cold or increase to 38.0 degrees Celsius?

Stay home, get sick and make sure you don't infect others. So keep your distance from other people. You don't have to call the doctor . Your complaints are mild.

Are your complaints getting worse ?

You have a fever (over 38 degrees Celsius) and you cough or breathe hard?
    Then you must call the GP or GP post. In case of serious complaints, please contact us immediately.
    https://www.rivm.nl/coronavirus/covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post

MI8m8
    I think so too. Shit's serious, everything seems slowly shitting itself.

I hope all of you stay safe and don't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I hope all of you stay safe and don't die.
    You too mate.
    meh

Seeing some worrying news from the US about younger people ending up in ICU. Anyone else thinking overweight yanks with a history of weed and vaping is are gonna be screwed over quite seriously?
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

20% of hospitalised patients being under 40 that mewninn linked earlier. Obviously the kind of co-morbidity conditions that are killing the elderly can exist in people this age too and those people would doubtless have a far worse time. I imagine theres a lot of people with asthma in that 20% for example.

Smokers man. Too cool for school until there's a plague that attacks the respiratory system.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wonder if the impact this will have in America is already priced into the stock market considering the slight stabilisation at close today.
    We're just getting started and they're talking about bailouts for the damage caused so far. What happens in 6 months? A year?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

University removed their 80% attendance policy and hope it's 100% fucking dead. It was a stupid move before the pandemic, I can't see how they can ever justify bringing it back once this is over. The world will likely be a different place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I'd be closer to all of that in Aus. But mostly because I'd be end up in inner Canberra in Aus whereas I'm in a quite small city in Japan, and not central. The 14 day quarantine would mean I'd be looking to set myself up during peak madness in about a months time. Which does not appeal.
    Sorry, I only just saw this. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RETURN NOW if you feel safe and secure where you are and can remain that way for the foreseeable future. As you've deduced, you'd first be subject to quarantine and by the time you're out the situation here may have deteriorated. It will be extremely difficult to "stock up" here because almost all grocery retailers have put buying restrictions in place and those look set to remain in place for some time.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Seriously, stay in Japan.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

80% wow. My uni has a 95% target and you got put on a watch list of you were below 90%

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    20% of hospitalised patients being under 40 that mewninn linked earlier. Obviously the kind of co-morbidity conditions that are killing the elderly can exist in people this age too and those people would doubtless have a far worse time. I imagine theres a lot of people with asthma in that 20% for example.
    Apparently asthmatics aren't a particularly high risk group compared to smokers or people with more structural lung problems.

Glad I gave up smoking 12 years ago. Stay safe chaps.