hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 62 of 202 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 4026

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    What is a dance conference?
    it's 3 days of workshops and parties with other people who dance. I do brazilian dancing. It's kinda like salsa, but more chill and more brazilians and much closer. Lots of wimmin too.

Spoiler:
    Good for you man, I'm sure it's fun and socially rewarding. I just couldn't resist given it does sound like some sort of retirement home activity for the seniors

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    So Chicago is going ahead with st Patrick's day parade and Seattle somehow has more cases than announced for the whole US.

I have a feeling that this might just hit America harder than almost anywhere else.
    IDK Norway has a much higher infected pr. capita than the US. The authorities are absolutely useless here. If it continues at this rate, Norway will end up like Italy pretty soon.

Some guy that where suspected to have covid19, where told to take a fucking cab to the ER. Offcourse the cab driver got no information about this and found out after, so now him and 14 of the other passengers he drove afterwards are probably infected too. Another guy that called in that just returned from spain where told to not worry about it and go about his day, because Spain wasn't that badly affected. People who have been put in home quarentine just strolls about and goes to the gym without any repercussions... it's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    So Chicago is going ahead with st Patrick's day parade and Seattle somehow has more cases than announced for the whole US.

I have a feeling that this might just hit America harder than almost anywhere else.
    IDK Norway has a much higher infected pr. capita than the US. The authorities are absolutely useless here. If it continues at this rate, Norway will end up like Italy pretty soon.

Some guy that where suspected to have covid19, where told to take a fucking cab to the ER. Offcourse the cab driver got no information about this and found out after, so now him and 14 of the other passengers he drove afterwards are probably infected too. Another guy that called in that just returned from spain where told to not worry about it and go about his day, because Spain wasn't that badly affected. People who have been put in home quarentine just strolls about and goes to the gym without any repercussions... it's insane.
    m8 those US numbers are as accurate as 3.6 roentgen

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    I don't know what FHC wants with this one.
    Zombie apocalypse.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    I don't know what FHC wants with this one.
    Zombie apocalypse.
    Thanku4urservice mr Sheepdog.

260K Brits are idiots, who just want to bring on the panic:
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300403

Also lots of people complaining about not being tested. In some cases this is fair, but tests (and labs to process them) are limited. In many cases the people just want the tests for their own convenience. If you have just got back from a skiing holiday and you have a cough, then self-isolate for 14 days. It might be nice to know if you have Coronavirus or not, but it isn't essential.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post

Also lots of people complaining about not being tested. In some cases this is fair, but tests (and labs to process them) are limited. In many cases the people just want the tests for their own convenience. If you have just got back from a skiing holiday and you have a cough, then self-isolate for 14 days. It might be nice to know if you have Coronavirus or not, but it isn't essential.
    Seems a sensible precaution to close the schools now. Main risk is services getting overwhelmed and schools can lead to rapid spread whereas closing them would slow things down a lot. I think the government should order all offices to close as well, close all the airports too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post

Seems a sensible precaution to close the schools now. Main risk is services getting overwhelmed and schools can lead to rapid spread whereas closing them would slow things down a lot. I think the government should order all offices to close as well, close all the airports too.
    That just seems like destroying to economy just to be seen to be doing something. I prefer an evidence based approach. How long do you think the whole country should be closed down for?

The first impact of closing all the schools is the NHS losing 20% of their staff.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    it's 3 days of workshops and parties with other people who dance. I do brazilian dancing. It's kinda like salsa, but more chill and more brazilians and much closer. Lots of wimmin too.
    That sounds like the last thing I would do while there's a pandemic on but you do you

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Banned

That just seems like destroying to economy just to be seen to be doing something. I prefer an evidence based approach. How long do you think the whole country should be closed down for?

The first impact of closing all the schools is the NHS losing 20% of their staff.
    If you end up with huge numbers getting sick and thousands of deaths won't that hurt the economy? Does the economy come before people's lives?

Also we aren't closing the country down just cutting away non essential gathering and travel where possible. Obviously people who need to be in a physical location to do their job would still go to work.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

This.

Apparantly the kids doesn't get all that sick (in general) but they'll infect others. Typhoid Mary's the lot of them.

If you end up with huge numbers getting sick and thousands of deaths won't that hurt the economy? Does the economy come before people's lives?

Also we aren't closing the country down just cutting away non essential gathering and travel where possible. Obviously people who need to be in a physical location to do their job would still go to work.
    I do still disagree. Epidemiological modelers can look at this and I'd prefer to follow their lead. I do see the point that we should use the precautionary principle with this since we have so many unknowns, but I think closing schools is kneejerk.

Banned
    I've been reading Taleb so not gonna give much heed to models.

At the end of the day if school closes for a month that's still only about 30 hours of learning time.

Minister of health to Parlament 10AM:

"At this time further development are uncertain. But planning for a scenario where the current phase will continue for some weeks right before we enter a new phase where ever more import cases of the corona, and some clusters of locally transmitted cases occur"

Minister of health to Parlament 6PM: "We are now entering the new phase"

Anybody remember me telling about the 900 sorority dutch who went to Italy in the middle of covid hotzone? Well they came home last friday and were told to self-quarantine which a big group broke first monday after cuz the uni didnt close and 'they had classes to go to'. University bigbrains dont give a fuck ppl.

Low and behold its wednesday and 2 of them are tested positive. 2 of them who said fuck you society and went to the uni halls and lecture rooms.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Anybody remember me telling about the 900 sorority dutch who went to Italy in the middle of covid hotzone? Well they came home last friday and were told to self-quarantine which a big group broke first monday after cuz the uni didnt close and 'they had classes to go to'. University bigbrains dont give a fuck ppl.

Low and behold its wednesday and 2 of them are tested positive. 2 of them who said fuck you society and went to the uni halls and lecture rooms.
    Sounds like leadership material.....

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar

My mum lives near there and is old and has several pre-existing conditions...

I think closing schools is kneejerk.
    !Remindme 30 days

lol. Technically they were like 200km outside of a covid hotzone and the RIVM told them it was fine but I dont think our government understands how any of this works.

Probably more worrisome though; RIVM has started to realize tracking the disease spread based on the small number of high risk cases that actually visit a hospital isnt the smortest plan as you kinda forget to track the majority the other infected people and decided to do some actual research.

Random sampling of 9 hospitals which have not yet treated any corona patients in noord brabant, limburg and nijmegen; ~1100 hospital staff and ~200 patients tested. Hospitals have found on average 3.9% of their staff already infected (0-10% depending on which hospital). Among random patient testing on average 9% turns out to be infected.

9%