hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 136 of 202 FirstFirst ... 3686126133134135136137138139146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 4026

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i live in a particularly pretty part of the peak district, and the sheer volume of people/morons (they're morons) over the weekend is unreal. as well as the amount of them, and the not social distancing they're doing, they're parking all over the place - mountain rescue have been past at least 4 times already today and they've got stuck because of cars nearly each time

stay
    at
    home

if your friends or family post stuff on facebook about what a great mothers day walk they've had, call them a cunt.
    It would be a public service to go out with a hammer and a nail and take out a single tire on each one

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i live in a particularly pretty part of the peak district, and the sheer volume of people/morons (they're morons) over the weekend is unreal. as well as the amount of them, and the not social distancing they're doing, they're parking all over the place - mountain rescue have been past at least 4 times already today and they've got stuck because of cars nearly each time

stay
    at
    home

if your friends or family post stuff on facebook about what a great mothers day walk they've had, call them a cunt.
    It would be a public service to go out with a hammer and a nail and take out a single tire on each one
    Then he'd end up with crowds of said morons being stuck with him
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    A minor competitor of ours, DataRobot, have taken the opportunity to lay off what looks like 90% of their staff, including their entire product engineering, marketing, customer success and sales teams. They raised about $200m at the back end of last year and have opted to preserve that cash and rebuild their business from scratch next year rather than weather the storm.

There's a special level of hell reserved for those executives.
    Now seems like a good time to head hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    A minor competitor of ours, DataRobot, have taken the opportunity to lay off what looks like 90% of their staff, including their entire product engineering, marketing, customer success and sales teams. They raised about $200m at the back end of last year and have opted to preserve that cash and rebuild their business from scratch next year rather than weather the storm.

Now seems like a good time to head hunt.
    Yep. I'm actually spinning up a South African team rn, because most business in Saffa have no concept of trusting people to work from home, or in fact training them how to be more productive than commuting and all sitting in an office together, so this is an excellent time to exploit that $->Rand conversion and hoover up all the talent these local companies have stupidly left spare.
    meh

How's your business doing anyway? Must be pretty good considering people are all at home and streaming.

Reading all these job woes I'm super happy of being a government employee.

Hold tight guys.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    How's your business doing anyway? Must be pretty good considering people are all at home and streaming.

Reading all these job woes I'm super happy of being a government employee.

Hold tight guys.

Tapapapatalk
    As you correctly point out, this is not a terrible time to be a business focused on video gaming.
    meh

We make aluminium gas cylinders, we're still operating and they're even hitting us up for overtime, apparently demand for medical gas cylinders has increased... We got an urgent order from France last week, not a company in France, the government. Not our normal market at all.

On the one hand the job security that comes associated with manufacturing an absolutely essential item is nice. On the other hand I'm working shifts whilst people are getting paid 80% to not work.

I understand it's necessary to get people to stay home but why that is a percentage rather than a flat figure I don't understand. The only real difference in people's outgoings are lifestyle and fixed costs involved with housing and you could extend the same X months payment holiday to rents as mortgages have received?

I'm just salty, got a job and no one I know has died of it so better than average I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    We make aluminium gas cylinders, we're still operating and they're even hitting us up for overtime, apparently demand for medical gas cylinders has increased... We got an urgent order from France last week, not a company in France, the government. Not our normal market at all.

On the one hand the job security that comes associated with manufacturing an absolutely essential item is nice. On the other hand I'm working shifts whilst people are getting paid 80% to not work.

I understand it's necessary to get people to stay home but why that is a percentage rather than a flat figure I don't understand. The only real difference in people's outgoings are lifestyle and fixed costs involved with housing and you could extend the same X months payment holiday to rents as mortgages have received?

I'm just salty, got a job and no one I know has died of it so better than average I guess.
    Would you prefer they were on job seekers/universal credit? Or just broke and starving? Or because it doesn't directly affect you or anyone you know, a few hundred thousand lives aren't worth your moral anxiety?

I'm getting paid to work full time from home, the misses has taken a 10% pay cut. Things could definitely be worse, but the idea that people are complaining because we don't have instant +40% unemployment is nuts.

Spoiler alert and what nobody is talking about:

Those who are getting the 80% have been laid off. Laying off is what an employer does when temporary market conditions mean there's no work for the employee. It's basically the employer saying "we hope we'll have work for you soon, please wait for us".

A lot of people are about to discover that their lay off is going to turn into something slightly more permanent. There are some super sekrit planning meetings going on in my company that are basically looking at which properties to reopen...and which not to. Ever. Those discussions will be repeated en masse over the next six weeks as people realise this isn't all going back to normal on the 14th of April.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Mortgage holiday does not mean that you never have to pay them, the payments are just being postponed for a while. Rent holidays would then mean that you'd suddenly have to pay 3/6/9/x months worth of rent on top of your normal rent once the holiday is ended.

The money issue is more difficult I think, but one important reason for putting the furlough payment pretty close to what you would pay is to encourage both employees and employers to keep the people in employment. Then, if you switch to a universal equal payment, people might also default on loans (say a car loan) and stop shopping or their subscriptions. I imagine that the idea for the 80% payment is that the government is trying to pause economic activities in a way so that it can resume as close as possible to where it was at the point when it was paused. If they don't do that, more businesses might fail, leading to more unemployment and fewer people spending money etc. so that it will become much more damaging to the economy when we try to restart everything that was stopped.

There'll already be quite a few people who would rather start going back to work that be stuck at home and pretty much not supposed to leave it 24/7 with no end in sight, and I think the proportion of those people will increase over time, i.e. people always want the thing they don't have now, which might also be the case for you. I think being able to carry on as normal can make it easier to pass through this weird period of time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

Spoiler alert and what nobody is talking about:

Those who are getting the 80% have been laid off. Laying off is what an employer does when temporary market conditions mean there's no work for the employee. It's basically the employer saying "we hope we'll have work for you soon, please wait for us".

A lot of people are about to discover that their lay off is going to turn into something slightly more permanent. There are some super sekrit planning meetings going on in my company that are basically looking at which properties to reopen...and which not to. Ever. Those discussions will be repeated en masse over the next six weeks as people realise this isn't all going back to normal on the 14th of April.
    In all honesty, anyone who thinks business travel, as a whole, will cone back after this doesn't understand how business makes decisions.

The businesses that survive this will do so on the back of telepresence.

Why would they suddenly add massive expenses to fly around everywhere afterward?
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Why would they suddenly add massive expenses to fly around everywhere afterward?
    Because remote working is shit, travel is still a perk and the cost isn't that large.

Depending who they raised money from this could be a decision coming from their VC. Loads of shit being pulled by them at the moment doing whatever they can to grab as much ownership of companies as possible.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nj2vQvLJKBa9ss

Canadian heavy crude has become so cheap that the cost of shipping it to refineries exceeds the value of the oil itself
    This virus isn't all bad.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

To those telling me I'm lucky, I know. I was just taking the opportunity to stick my bottom lip out on the Internet in a peurile pout, sorry if I offended X.

It's going to be proper awful for quite a while isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

I assume you've already poached their best talent?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Teen was turned away at urgent care, mayor says
    The mayor said he spoke to the teen's distraught father, who gave him more details on what happened.
    When the teen became ill, his parents took him to an urgent care center and were turned away because he didn't have health insurance, Parris said. He was then taken to an emergency room at a local hospital.
    "When a kid comes in respiratory distress, stabilize him and call ambulance, don't ask for insurance," Parris fumed.
    What a great country that has to be....

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

good thing about covid19: more posts on failheap

I know dem feels. Deep down im kinda bummed i still have to go into work while friends get to chill out at home and play videa gamez

Yeah as I said in this thread my team was near mutinous when it was announced we'd be staying open while their colleagues got to sit at home on 80% wages. Me personally I never had a stake in it - the 80% means a post-tax loss of about 300 for me per month so it's a fair chunk, but at the same time I don't really want to be outside at the best of times, let alone now.

Since then it's settled down and a few people in the team have realised that it's probably better, all in all, to be out and earning than at home not knowing if you have a job in the future. Not that us being open now is any guarantee we will remain open in the future but at least we're earning.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'