hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 133 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3383123130131132133134135136143183 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3913

Thread: Donald J. Trump's Sarcastic Clorox Vaccination (Coronavirus Pandemic) thread

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    The virus has only existed for 4 months
    Italy thinks it may have been in-country before China disclosed it.

MILAN (Reuters) - Italian researchers are looking at whether a higher than usual number of cases of severe pneumonia and flu in Lombardy in the last quarter of 2019 may be a signal that the new coronavirus might have spread beyond China earlier than previously thought.

Adriano Decarli, an epidemiologist and medical statistics professor at the University of Milan, said there had been a “significant” increase in the number of people hospitalized for pneumonia and flu in the areas of Milan and Lodi between October and December last year.

He told Reuters he could not give exact figures but “hundreds” more people than usual had been taken to hospital in the last three months of 2019 in those areas - two of Lombardy’s worst hit cities - with pneumonia and flu-like symptoms, and some of those had died.

Decarli is reviewing the hospital records and other clinical details of those cases, including people who later died at home, to try to understand whether the new coronavirus epidemic had already spread to Italy back then.

“We want to know if the virus was already here in Italy at the end of 2019, and - if yes - why it remained undetected for a relatively long period so that we could have a clearer picture in case we have to face a second wave of the epidemic,” he said.
    there's a bit of this rumour going around - i was in madrid in feb, and i was laid out for a couple of days when i got back (tired, hot and confused) - i'm not assuming I've had it, but it's possible. None of us will know until testing is more reliable and widespread.

Yeah there's a lot of anecdotes going around about that.

Late November I got absolutely whacked sideways by what I assumed was a flu - although I'd had a flu shot which I thought was a bit weird. I was in bed for 72 hours straight and everything ached. As you say, no way to know until a proper antibody test is available.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    The virus has only existed for 4 months
    Italy thinks it may have been in-country before China disclosed it.

MILAN (Reuters) - Italian researchers are looking at whether a higher than usual number of cases of severe pneumonia and flu in Lombardy in the last quarter of 2019 may be a signal that the new coronavirus might have spread beyond China earlier than previously thought.

Adriano Decarli, an epidemiologist and medical statistics professor at the University of Milan, said there had been a “significant” increase in the number of people hospitalized for pneumonia and flu in the areas of Milan and Lodi between October and December last year.

He told Reuters he could not give exact figures but “hundreds” more people than usual had been taken to hospital in the last three months of 2019 in those areas - two of Lombardy’s worst hit cities - with pneumonia and flu-like symptoms, and some of those had died.

Decarli is reviewing the hospital records and other clinical details of those cases, including people who later died at home, to try to understand whether the new coronavirus epidemic had already spread to Italy back then.

“We want to know if the virus was already here in Italy at the end of 2019, and - if yes - why it remained undetected for a relatively long period so that we could have a clearer picture in case we have to face a second wave of the epidemic,” he said.
    there's a bit of this rumour going around - i was in madrid in feb, and i was laid out for a couple of days when i got back (tired, hot and confused) - i'm not assuming I've had it, but it's possible. None of us will know until testing is more reliable and widespread.
    My wife is in a similar place, she was wiped out by a bad flu with bronchial stuff that "came back worse" a week later and laid her out for 3 weeks over Xmas/NY this last winter. She, at the time, completely lost her sense of taste, which is now being considered in "screening questions". Same conclusion as you. We really won't know unless they develop an easy at-home post-infection test.
    meh

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    the danger is people see things like the above, assume they've been through it and go out. until you've been tested, sit tight. Or they've had a cold recently, or one of their children has had a fever or whatever - you don't know if you've had it based on that.

The rona got me playing eve again, we live in truly strange times.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Best coronavirus PSA comes from ... Uganda:

Educational, I noticed itchy eyes two days ago...
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

The problem is the symptoms are so incredibly generic that just reading a list of them makes you start thinking you've got half of them.

Yeah well dry cough with clear liquid has been universal across the people i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    The problem is the symptoms are so incredibly generic that just reading a list of them makes you start thinking you've got half of them.
    Yeah I've had a sore throat and non-productive occasional cough for about a week. No fever, though.

Is that coronavirus? Possibly. But NHS 111 still says it's not, and don't isolate.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Yeah I've had a sore throat and non-productive occasional cough for about a week. No fever, though.

Is that coronavirus? Possibly. But NHS 111 still says it's not, and don't isolate.
    Yea, I've got a tightness in the chest and the tiniest bit of an occasional cough, no fever. CDC symptoms are vague and don't say if you need all three or just one, or if they even know at this point.

Honestly seems like an overblown flu unless you're over 60, and I had the same issue a few months ago, but it could've just been the regular flu. Dank times.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post

Yea, I've got a tightness in the chest and the tiniest bit of an occasional cough, no fever. CDC symptoms are vague and don't say if you need all three or just one, or if they even know at this point.

Honestly seems like an overblown flu unless you're over 60, and I had the same issue a few months ago, but it could've just been the regular flu. Dank times.
    everytime I sneeze, or I get a scratchy throat, my anus puckers considerably. OFC, the garden is positively exploding with spring rn, so...
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post

everytime I sneeze, or I get a scratchy throat, my anus puckers considerably. OFC, the garden is positively exploding with spring rn, so...
    The overlap of this thing and my azaleas and rhododendrons coming into bloom is... well, fucking annoying, to say the least.

Rain and still warm weather has encouraged everything to flower and brought on my hay fever.

The limiter on finding out the extent of COVID still the total number of tests that can be done in a 24 hour period. Until a substantial percentage of the population is tested we wont know the real extent.

Given the first suppressed cases in China were back in November it is likely that the virus had spread beyond China before its existence was official. Anywhere with a lot of visitors from China would have been exposed.

Could be it never came from China in the first place and some Chinese student got it and brought it home with them. Wuhan is a major city after all.

Maybe. We’ll probably figure out what species it came from, and where, in a few years, after significant research.

In the meantime...

https://www.pnas.org/content/102/39/14040

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Maybe. We’ll probably figure out what species it came from, and where, in a few years, after significant research.

In the meantime...

https://www.pnas.org/content/102/39/14040
    heh, p-nas

Jair Bolsonaro claims Brazilians 'never catch anything' as Covid-19 cases rise
    https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...-19-cases-rise

Brazil’s president Jair Bolsonaro has tried to reassure his citizens over the threat of coronavirus by claiming Brazilians can bathe in excrement “and nothing happens”.

That fellow has such a tiny dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Genuinely upset when he survived a stabbing attack during the campaign. Brazil gonna get bodied by this, just like America is on course for...

Both countries could exceed a megadeath each which is just