hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Ship Thread - Eagle / Imperial Eagle

Ship Thread - Eagle / Imperial Eagle

Just wondering how viable the Imperial Eagle for hunting large game than the Eagle. Tried the Cobra and the Viper and they just don't click with me like the Eagle and I don't really see a fighter to progress too at this stage.

I find that I use the Viper due to the heavier armaments but I'm thinking of trying to the Imperial Eagle to see if it's a viable alternative at this stage.

Regards,
    Zach

Less shields, less utility slots, small power distributor and 1 less medium gun.

Nothing (on paper) over the viper, but it might fly nicely so why not give it a go and report back?

If that doesn't work get a Vulture, put grade A thrusters on it and enjoy blasting ships all over the place while remaining mega maneuverable. Its a nice ship if you enjoy something not as fat as the other heavy fighters / multirole ships.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Been flying a Vulture for a while. Great ship and easily affordable. Only issue I'm having is where to go next - everything else is far more expensive, less manoeuvrable and doesn't look as fun. I thought the Imp Courier would be an alternative but it's inferior in every way apart from speed.

Federal Assault Ship is the megavulture, do recommend (and relatively speaking it isnt stupidly expensive)

Seconding the FAS, its the only thing close. All the rest is big slowboating snorefest. Or FDL doesnt-quite-work fest

Do I need Fed standings for the FAS? I'm busy being an Imperialist slave trading pig right now.

Rank 5 iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Zacheria Malfor View Post
    Just wondering how viable the Imperial Eagle for hunting large game than the Eagle. Tried the Cobra and the Viper and they just don't click with me like the Eagle and I don't really see a fighter to progress too at this stage.

I find that I use the Viper due to the heavier armaments but I'm thinking of trying to the Imperial Eagle to see if it's a viable alternative at this stage.

Regards,
    Zach
    The eagles are crazy maneuverable, but they are very weak shield and armor wise, & the weapons are a bit lacking. You can hunt small game no problem with it, but you will have issues going after big ships, especially if you're the only thing attacking it; you may have some decent luck doing attack runs along side the system police.

Personally I would say skip it entirely and get the courier; which is the most ballin ass ship in the game.