hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16566364656667 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1330

Thread: North Korean Nuclear Boogaloo

  1. #1301

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    2,893
    The main question is how long China will back up NK?
    And nobody cares about human casualties while using undiscriminating high caliber artillery. We should start to be worry when Seoul starts large scale civilians evacuation.


  2. #1302
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,569
    You're a spanner

    We've been over why SK can't evacuate Seoul at least a dozen times in this thread.

  3. #1303
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    The main question is how long China will back up NK?
    And nobody cares about human casualties while using undiscriminating high caliber artillery. We should start to be worry when Seoul starts large scale civilians evacuation.

    clearly shopped
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  4. #1304
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,569
    CandyCrush doesn't actually go outside, the Daily Mail and Sun Online are his only interactions with the outside world

  5. #1305
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    the Saudi's are respected members of the international community, i am sure that there is a place for a pseudo monarchy claiming to be a communist state.
    The Saudis are "respected" because they have a shit ton of oil and money, didn't invade Israel, buy Western military equipment and oppose Iran. They also allow Westerners to lease their oil fields, while Iran attempted to nationalize them.
    Last edited by Nordstern; November 2 2017 at 03:21:21 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  6. #1306
    Donor Miep's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Posts
    4,372
    Seven out of 11 U.S. carriers are now underway simultaneously for the first time in several years...
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

  7. #1307

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    9,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelgrivion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelgrivion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    4. leave them the fuck alone and start de-escalating hostilities while opening up trade.

    the Saudi's are respected members of the international community, i am sure that there is a place for a pseudo monarchy claiming to be a communist state.
    North Korea's objectives are to remain an isolated state playing other nations against each other, and conquering South Korea. They intend to accomplish the last one by using nuclear weapons to convince the US public that stopping North Korea will never be worth it, not even if they attack South Korea. North Korea isn't stupid enough to open up trade without limiting it to state sanctioned goods at the Chinese border only.
    North Korea's current isolation is driven by US sanctions and deployment of US forces to SK as part of the cold war, the regime, while never a nice place per-se, was a great deal more open back when the USSR was around.

    their disproportionate spending on their military is just as much because there is the better part of three US divisions sitting near their doorstep and the world's most powerful country has repeatedly threatened with the resumption of war the last almost 60 years years now, their fear of invasion drives their entire foreign and military policy for obvious reasons.

    regarding trade, your assumptions do not actually hold true.

    their behaviour is actually quite rational in a historical context, including going to war with what became south korea in a attempt at unification, consider that the USSR, not the US where the ones who supported the domestic groups that arose as part of the resistance to Japanese occupation, the US actually rejected the natives to the point where they had to deal with a popular uprising in 1946 in part because the US initially wanted to keep the Japanese colonial structure intact, south korea was plagued by left-wing insurgencies from the start with upwards of 100.000 dying before the start of the Korean war.

    but all of this is moot, the US has no interest in descalating the conflict, thus assuring the current outcome.
    You're putting the cart before the horse. This all circles back to a cycle of belligerence that began with Kim Il-Sung's invasion of the South in 1950, after things went south between the East and West and the Soviet Union and United States previously agreeing to divide responsibility for the liberated Korean Peninsula between the Soviets and United States along the 38th parallel at Yalta - with a lot of Communist Revolutionaries and a Chinese Civil War and Cultural Revolution helping to motivate an invasion.
    You're painting the south as the unilateral victim.

    They were right fucking assholes until the 80s or so FYI. Was a good old shitty dictatorship but it was fine and good because it was friends with the US.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  8. #1308
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    the Saudi's are respected members of the international community, i am sure that there is a place for a pseudo monarchy claiming to be a communist state.
    The Saudis are "respected" because they have a shit ton of oil and money, didn't invade Israel, buy Western military equipment and oppose Iran. They also allow Westerners to lease their oil fields, while Iran attempted to nationalize them.
    the point remains, we allow a literal feudal monarchy in, any argument against north Korea on the grounds of them having a awful governance form, and they do, is null and fucking void.

    as for the Saudi's, they invaded one of their neighbours just two years ago, and are still making a fucking hash of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    You're painting the south as the unilateral victim.

    They were right fucking assholes until the 80s or so FYI. Was a good old shitty dictatorship but it was fine and good because it was friends with the US.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    it's something that often get lost underway when discussing Korea and the history of the Korean war.

    people see "UN intervention" and think "well clearly the North are the only awful ones involved right?" except, well that's not quite how it worked in practice. not that the north koreans where, or are saints or anything like that, but much like in Vietnam war was basically inevitable.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  9. #1309
    Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    11,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    You're painting the south as the unilateral victim.

    They were right fucking assholes until the 80s or so FYI. Was a good old shitty dictatorship but it was fine and good because it was friends with the US.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    There's no inherent nobility in being a victim.

  10. #1310

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    9,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelgrivion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    You're painting the south as the unilateral victim.

    They were right fucking assholes until the 80s or so FYI. Was a good old shitty dictatorship but it was fine and good because it was friends with the US.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    There's no inherent nobility in being a victim.
    That's got nothing to do with the point at all though.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  11. #1311
    Losvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    70.0N, 23.4E
    Posts
    1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    the Saudi's are respected members of the international community, i am sure that there is a place for a pseudo monarchy claiming to be a communist state.
    The Saudis are "respected" because they have a shit ton of oil and money, didn't invade Israel, buy Western military equipment and oppose Iran. They also allow Westerners to lease their oil fields, while Iran attempted to nationalize them.
    the point remains, we allow a literal feudal monarchy in, any argument against north Korea on the grounds of them having a awful governance form, and they do, is null and fucking void.

    as for the Saudi's, they invaded one of their neighbours just two years ago, and are still making a fucking hash of it.
    Not nuking Saudi was one of the worst mistakes of the west.
    Fucking savages, every single one of them.
    I don't have prejudice, I hate everyone equally.

  12. #1312
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Losvar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    the Saudi's are respected members of the international community, i am sure that there is a place for a pseudo monarchy claiming to be a communist state.
    The Saudis are "respected" because they have a shit ton of oil and money, didn't invade Israel, buy Western military equipment and oppose Iran. They also allow Westerners to lease their oil fields, while Iran attempted to nationalize them.
    the point remains, we allow a literal feudal monarchy in, any argument against north Korea on the grounds of them having a awful governance form, and they do, is null and fucking void.

    as for the Saudi's, they invaded one of their neighbours just two years ago, and are still making a fucking hash of it.
    Not nuking Saudi was one of the worst mistakes of the west.
    Fucking savages, every single one of them.
    Oh yeah because turning a few million people to ash wouldn't make us savages

    "It's okay when we do it"

    muppet

  13. #1313
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,240
    Tbh not creating a world dependant on Saudi oil would largely achieve the same results without murdering people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  14. #1314
    Losvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    70.0N, 23.4E
    Posts
    1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Losvar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    the Saudi's are respected members of the international community, i am sure that there is a place for a pseudo monarchy claiming to be a communist state.
    The Saudis are "respected" because they have a shit ton of oil and money, didn't invade Israel, buy Western military equipment and oppose Iran. They also allow Westerners to lease their oil fields, while Iran attempted to nationalize them.
    the point remains, we allow a literal feudal monarchy in, any argument against north Korea on the grounds of them having a awful governance form, and they do, is null and fucking void.

    as for the Saudi's, they invaded one of their neighbours just two years ago, and are still making a fucking hash of it.
    Not nuking Saudi was one of the worst mistakes of the west.
    Fucking savages, every single one of them.
    Oh yeah because turning a few million people to ash wouldn't make us savages

    "It's okay when we do it"

    muppet
    Their brand of Islam, current oil based economy and their treatment of foreigners have probably amounted to more death and misery than a nuke on them would.
    Just because they take their time to opress and kill, doesn't make it better than the swift death of a nuke, and it would make the rest of the world just a tiny bit better.

    Too late now though, but the US had a plan and was considering to overthrow the Saudis back in the day, but oil and money was more important than basic human rights.

    Wasn't really serious about the nuke part, but letting Saudi get to where they are now was a grave mistake.
    I don't have prejudice, I hate everyone equally.

  15. #1315
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Losvar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Losvar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    the Saudi's are respected members of the international community, i am sure that there is a place for a pseudo monarchy claiming to be a communist state.
    The Saudis are "respected" because they have a shit ton of oil and money, didn't invade Israel, buy Western military equipment and oppose Iran. They also allow Westerners to lease their oil fields, while Iran attempted to nationalize them.
    the point remains, we allow a literal feudal monarchy in, any argument against north Korea on the grounds of them having a awful governance form, and they do, is null and fucking void.

    as for the Saudi's, they invaded one of their neighbours just two years ago, and are still making a fucking hash of it.
    Not nuking Saudi was one of the worst mistakes of the west.
    Fucking savages, every single one of them.
    Oh yeah because turning a few million people to ash wouldn't make us savages

    "It's okay when we do it"

    muppet
    Their brand of Islam, current oil based economy and their treatment of foreigners have probably amounted to more death and misery than a nuke on them would.
    Just because they take their time to opress and kill, doesn't make it better than the swift death of a nuke, and it would make the rest of the world just a tiny bit better.

    Too late now though, but the US had a plan and was considering to overthrow the Saudis back in the day, but oil and money was more important than basic human rights.

    Wasn't really serious about the nuke part, but letting Saudi get to where they are now was a grave mistake.
    Yeah because the US overthrowing a government and installing their own puppets has always worked out so well for them.

    TBH they're massively complicit in what Saudi is now. Not because they didn't overthrow them, but because they keep sheltering them while the Saudis keep doing the most retarded things like murdering Jemen for example.

  16. #1316
    Frug's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    the point remains, we allow a literal feudal monarchy in, any argument against north Korea on the grounds of them having a awful governance form, and they do, is null and fucking void.
    That's an impressive false equivalence you're wielding there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

  17. #1317

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    2,893


    its fair to say that at least 75% of US naval assets are located near N. Korea at this time

  18. #1318
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    Lowlife.
    Posts
    7,313


    p. much


  19. #1319
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,198


  20. #1320
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post


    its fair to say that at least 75% of US naval assets are located near N. Korea at this time
    I kinda secretly hope America gets its boats violenced. It's long past time.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •