hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2969767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1604

Thread: North Korean Nuclear Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    the catch is that this has happened about 6 times now and every time the world gives NK an inch they steal a mile

this is entirely in the diplomatic playbook
    This.
    NK have nukes and missiles sufficient to give some credibility that they could threaten far and wide - most notably the US. Anyone genuinely thinking NK will be giving up their effective talisman against foreign military adventurism needs to get a serious grip.

Security having been achieved, declaring peace in our time and saying that denuclearisation and global disarmament would be nice loses them nothing and potentially gains them big economic gains, just like the last times they've played nice.

Lets not forget that the US (and UK, France, Russia etc) are all committed to denuclearisation and general disarmament and have been since 1968.
    Quote Originally Posted by Non-Proliferation Treaty
    ARTICLE VI
    Each of the Parties to the Treaty undertakes to pursue negotiations in good faith on effective measures relating to cessation of the nuclear arms race at an early date and to nuclear disarmament, and on a treaty on general and complete disarmament under strict and effective international control.
    If none of the NPT states that committed to denuclearisation have managed it in 50 years then you need industrial quantities of wishful thinking to believe North Korea will do.
    Lets not forget that the US (and UK, France, Russia etc) are all committed to denuclearisation and general disarmament and have been since 1968.
    yep I'm sure they are
    um, yes they are. all parties there have reduced their nuclear stockpile since the end of the cold war.
    Because we all know that Trump wouldn't just walk away from a treaty.

From February:

The Trump administration on Friday called for the development of two new types of nuclear weapons to better deter potential adversaries, in a reassessment of the current arsenal that critics slammed as increasing the likelihood of nuclear conflict.
    The Pentagon's Nuclear Posture Review, the first since 2010, calls for a "lower-yield" option — with less powerful explosive capacity — for ballistic and cruise missiles launched from submarines.

It also says that nuclear weapons could be used to respond to “extreme circumstances,” including non-nuclear attacks.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...weapons-386087
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Aw, just when the peace process was going so swimmingly.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/skorea-ne...192035374.html

North Korea on Wednesday canceled a high-level meeting with South Korea and threatened to scrap a historic summit next month between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un over military exercises between Seoul and Washington that Pyongyang has long claimed are invasion rehearsals.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

North Korea on Wednesday canceled a high-level meeting with South Korea and threatened to scrap a historic summit next month between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un over military exercises between Seoul and Washington that Pyongyang has long claimed are invasion rehearsals.
    Trump getting a lesson on NK diplomacy?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

Pretty much everyone predicted this, nobody sane took the developments at facevalue

annnd this just flashed over ABC (Australia) news headlines,

BREAKING NEWS North Korea says Trump summit in doubt if Washington insists on it giving up its nuclear program, state media says.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post

BREAKING NEWS North Korea says Trump summit in doubt if Washington insists on it giving up its nuclear program, state media says.
    That's the NK we all know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

NK always throws a fit over military maneuvers. Why no one had the idea to cancel them (it's not like there's anyone left not who hasn't taken part in one in the US military) escapes me.

But hey, I take every chance to show Trump that diplomacy isn't like making real estate deals while being a friend of the mob.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

hahaha

amazing

I wonder what all the "DRUMPF PEACE IN OUR TIME" wankers will say

hahaha

amazing

I mean there is peace atm

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

hahaha

amazing

I mean there is peace atm
    I'm not even surprised by this answer.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Its just NK showing the strength of their negotiating position. Especially after Trump prematurely declared himself the great and awesome bringer of peace, and now has much more to lose. This could be seen coming from lightyears away, but of course totally caught the withe house by surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post
    Its just NK showing the strength of their negotiating position. Especially after Trump prematurely declared himself the great and awesome bringer of peace, and now has much more to lose. This could be seen coming from lightyears away, but of course totally caught the withe house by surprise...
    This is the part where Trump slams a carrier group into NK and reveals his 8 dimensional blackjack strats, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post
    This is the part where Trump slams a carrier group into NK and reveals his 8 dimensional blackjack strats, right?
    Any day now he will spring his trap and the world will be bought kicking and screaming to piece.

By trap I mean the boy ones.

By kicking and screaming I mean actual screaming.

By piece I mean because we will all be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

By trap I mean the boy ones.

By kicking and screaming I mean actual screaming.

By piece I mean because we will all be dead.
    You mean like surprise penis trap? Is this a gay apocalypse prediction?

Trump has pulled out of the talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    big red button is back?

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    big red button is back?
    It's a euge button, the best button. Everyone says so.

as one of my good friends put it in chat, "it's just a rabbit hole of sorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.

amazing

The fact that I can't tell if this is real or not frightens me.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic