hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korean Nuclear Boogaloo

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Has anybody else noticed how a couple of storms completely stopped the fakenews media from reporting NK shite?
    Nothing is going to happen and their clickbait titles are there just to create panic
    Someone doesn't understand how news works.

Has anybody else noticed how a couple of storms completely stopped the fakenews media from reporting NK shite?
    Nothing is going to happen and their clickbait titles are there just to create panic
    NK kicking off has never really been the point of all this though. This is an actual political game on the world stage and Trump is falling for all the tricks.

China desperately wants the local region to back away from the US and start to fall under their influence, and bar SK and Japan this is kinda working for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    http://www.38north.org/2017/09/aabrahamian090717/

Fairly well written bit on the nonUS feelings toward what's been going on.
    I'm confuse, why USA has bases in SKorea? If SKorea and Japan will not fight in case of strikes on NKorea, Nato will do:

“The reckless behavior of North Korea is a global threat and requires a global response and that of course also includes NATO,” NATO head Jens Stoltenberg said in an interview with BBC television.
    you need a magnifying glass to see the percentage of people supporting a korean intervention in europe, especially considering what that would do with relation to trade with China.
    NATO will do what they need to do, under UN resolution umbrella, despite low public support ( remember Serbia 1999, Irak 2003, Libya 2010)
    I'm not sure hurting trade with China will be a bad thing.
    oh boy, just when i was thinking Smarnca was the second biggest moron on the forum after Rakshasha you go and say something like that.

i am impressed, i didn't actually think we had anybody moronic enough to eat the "trade with china is bad!" hook, line and sinker.

ironically none of the interventions you mention had full NATO support, quite the opposite, and there will be less support for a Korean intervention, not more especially in light of how much the locals don't want it and the chunk of industrial products that come out of that region as a whole.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Actually China has lost influence recently.

Burma stopped being a client once they were let back into the world community.

India and China are on the verge of a war.

The other South China Sea claimants are pissed at China stealing their stuff.

Vietnam remembers 1975.

Afghanistan wants Chinese money but China will not fight the Taliban for them.

Taiwan's population continue the path of the PRC/independence dance.

The Philippines under President deathsquad made noises about moving towards China as a fuck you to US criticism, but the election of Trump and the need for aid in the fight against an ISIS lead insurgency in the south has the Philippines back in the US camp.

Many of China's neighbours might not be keen on the USA but they certainly don't trust Chinese ambitions either.
    Last edited by Maximillian; September 12 2017 at 09:35:19 AM.

I'm confuse, why USA has bases in SKorea? If SKorea and Japan will not fight in case of strikes on NKorea, Nato will do:

“The reckless behavior of North Korea is a global threat and requires a global response and that of course also includes NATO,” NATO head Jens Stoltenberg said in an interview with BBC television.
    you need a magnifying glass to see the percentage of people supporting a korean intervention in europe, especially considering what that would do with relation to trade with China.
    NATO will do what they need to do, under UN resolution umbrella, despite low public support ( remember Serbia 1999, Irak 2003, Libya 2010)
    oh boy, just when i was thinking Smarnca was the second biggest moron on the forum after Rakshasha you go and say something like that.

i am impressed, i didn't actually think we had anybody moronic enough to eat the "trade with china is bad!" hook, line and sinker.

ironically none of the interventions you mention had full NATO support, quite the opposite, and there will be less support for a Korean intervention, not more especially in light of how much the locals don't want it and the chunk of industrial products that come out of that region as a whole.
    Yes, all who don't think like you are morons. In case of China, Europe made the same mistake like Russia, we believed trade will help them to become a democratic society. It failed with Russia, it will fail with China. Only now they have more money to spent on military. And now both are major source of instability on planet.

India and China are all buddy buddy again (ok not friends but are talking again and unlikely to actually shoot at eachother).

Again, it's about weakening the US influence in the area. That by default makes China stronger locally.

Although it could just be Kimmi having a big huff because China just froze a bunch of NK accounts...
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I've noticed the people who say "Let's stop Chinese trade" are the same morons who think Bill Clinton sold nuclear weapons to North Korea in 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Most of their reporting can be described with one picture

Last edited by Smarnca; September 12 2017 at 10:12:14 AM.

Yes, all who don't think like you are morons. In case of China, Europe made the same mistake like Russia, we believed trade will help them to become a democratic society. It failed with Russia, it will fail with China. Only now they have more money to spent on military. And now both are major source of instability on planet.
    i have trouble comprehending how you can get recent history so impressively wrong, i mean it's truly amazing to behold considering you're old enough to have been alive during these events.

first off, trade with Russia was not about "bringing democracy to the poor uneducated peasants" it was ultimately about trying, and succeeding mind you, in bringing greater integration between Russia and Europe much in the same way that the European union and it's precursors was setup to make war itself impractical by making the effects of cutting off trade too painful.

heck, if anything the west did their level best to help wreck and loot the place in the post-USSR period, Shock therapy was a disaster, a literal disaster with an outright amazing 40% GDP contraction in a mere 8 years, not even the great depression managed misery on such a scale and the privatizations where so impressively corrupted that the mind boggles, not uncommonly funded by loans by western banks mind you.

China, meanwhile is starting to assume their traditional historical position in the world after centuries of internal conflict and has, if anything, shown themselves to be markedly less aggressive than historical norms indicate. if anything the major source of instability on the planet right now is the united states, with a president pissing all over his supposed allies both in Europe and the Eastern Asia, openly flaunting international agreements and significant, and growing internal conflicts brewing.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

i have trouble comprehending how you can get recent history so impressively wrong, i mean it's truly amazing to behold considering you're old enough to have been alive during these events.

first off, trade with Russia was not about "bringing democracy to the poor uneducated peasants" it was ultimately about trying, and succeeding mind you, in bringing greater integration between Russia and Europe much in the same way that the European union and it's precursors was setup to make war itself impractical by making the effects of cutting off trade too painful.

heck, if anything the west did their level best to help wreck and loot the place in the post-USSR period, Shock therapy was a disaster, a literal disaster with an outright amazing 40% GDP contraction in a mere 8 years, not even the great depression managed misery on such a scale and the privatizations where so impressively corrupted that the mind boggles, not uncommonly funded by loans by western banks mind you.

China, meanwhile is starting to assume their traditional historical position in the world after centuries of internal conflict and has, if anything, shown themselves to be markedly less aggressive than historical norms indicate. if anything the major source of instability on the planet right now is the united states, with a president pissing all over his supposed allies both in Europe and the Eastern Asia, openly flaunting international agreements and significant, and growing internal conflicts brewing.
    Because I am old enough to remember 90's, when "the evil empire" was at the peak of its power and Russia and China were weak, I will ask you when the world was more instable, then or now?

Smuggo

Because I am old enough to remember 90's, when "the evil empire" was at the peak of its power and Russia and China were weak, I will ask you when the world was more instable, then or now?
    The same.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

What the everloving fuck does the North Atlantic Treaty Organization have to do with Korea you dribbling cretin

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    oh boy
    care to explain ?
    From a economics standpoint hurting trade with China will be a bad thing. Very bad thing.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Most of their reporting can be described with one picture

So your posting and the news are the same thing?

Magical.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    oh boy
    care to explain ?
    hahahahahah

ahahahahahaha

Where do you think the base materials/manufacturing for the PC you're posting this on came from?

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    oh boy
    care to explain ?
    hahahahahah

ahahahahahaha

Where do you think the base materials/manufacturing for the PC you're posting this on came from?
    Taiwan

oh boy
    care to explain ?
    hahahahahah

ahahahahahaha

Or the clothes you wear, shoes and your phone?

What the everloving fuck does the North Atlantic Treaty Organization have to do with Korea you dribbling cretin
    South Korea and Japan both are NATO partners. And a nuclear NKorea is a likely threat to the continental US.

Also, if the west had treated the former Soviet Union like we did Germany after WW2, we'd probably not have a Putin in charge of Russia today. But we didn't, so the oligarchs rose.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    oh boy
    care to explain ?
    hahahahahah

ahahahahahaha

Or the clothes you wear, shoes and your phone?
    I checked the labels: shoes from vietnam, shirt from bangladesh, trousers from romania, phone from china, so is 1 from 4. But give me an example of product/technology only china make.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post

South Korea and Japan both are NATO partners. And a nuclear NKorea is a likely threat to the continental US.

Also, if the west had treated the former Soviet Union like we did Germany after WW2, we'd probably not have a Putin in charge of Russia today. But we didn't, so the oligarchs rose.
    N Korea is a p unique situation. Any action whatsoever will result in all that artillery levelling half of Seoul - that's just not really tolerable.