hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad: FHC SATURDAY SUPER SQUAD DAY.

I do. But the biggest problem as you figured is getting into good squad. Some are just retards doing solo stuff and not speaking at all. Also you found any good server that does teamwork hard?
    NcDot

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Been playing on Rusty in Places. Usually a few decent squads on there. Really enjoying this now, even if most of the time I have no fucking idea where any of the enemy are. I pick support gunner a lot. Then it doesn't matter as long as I know the general direction.

Though I was in a Squad yesterday where halfway through the game a very shouty american man joined, proclaimed that he was a real life EMT, picked grenadier and TK'd 9 people while shouting "ITS WORTH IT I'M GETTING THE ENEMY TOO".

Murica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

OK New PC! Who wants to play with me?

Playing BF1 now dude, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    I play pretty much every night, add me on steam : http://steamcommunity.com/id/badboybk
    NcDot

Quote Originally Posted by Badboy K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    I play pretty much every night, add me on steam : http://steamcommunity.com/id/badboybk
    Cool! See ya tonight I guess

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Will I be able to run this in low settings on my 3 year old laptop (has a graphics card)

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Will I be able to run this in low settings on my 3 year old laptop (has a graphics card)
    Doubt it. Quite performance intensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    Doubt it. Quite performance intensive.
    Turns out it runs fine

Lallante's Squad Diary, Episode 1

I last played an FPS in 2009 (and I was shit at it) and I've never played a "realistic" FPS, the closest I've been is probably BF 1942. Squad advertises itself as the premier tactical combat sim for serious war nerds. A match made in heaven.

Loading the game I was pleased to note from the quick guide to the key mappings that I am still familiar with standard FPS controls. One step closer to l33t domination rampages.

After boring myself stupid in the shooting range for all of 3 minutes, I decide to join an online game. I dont want to upset anyone from a decent country so I decide to join a Finland server with about 60 people on it. Spawning seems relatively simple, and I almost immediately pop into the game, albeit laptop gurning like a 17 year old taking his first pill.

I have some kind of pointy two handed gun with a shitty sight thing. It makes unsatissfying popping noises when I fire. I see no immediate method to switch out of single fire mode so resign myself to clicking REALLY fast to mow people down. People.... hmmm. It is at this point I realise I have spawned a very long way from the concentration of blue blobs on the map - I assume this is where the action is. A very long way indeed. EUREKA, I see a humvee thing parked nearby. Sauntering up, I check the key binding to carjack a pimp ride and confidently hit it.

"Only Squad Leaders may enter a non-active vehicle". FUCK. I saunter around for a bit, hoping I wont have to walk a million miles to the combat zone. Answering my prayers, a player with some chevlons over his head spawns next to me along with a couple of others, and proceeds into the humvee thing. Wooohooo, this time my enter vehicle key works and I'm in, backseat number 4.

We proceed quickly, the squad leader a decent driver, until about 2/3 of the way there a few "plinks" imply someone is taking pot shots at us. The other three dismount and start tacticooling around. Suddenly the squad leader is broadcasting orders with voice, a strong US accent....and the other two respond in kind sounding Scandi. Are they...roleplaying? WTF? What do I know about roleplaying a US soldier? That doesnt seem much fun.

I have an idea. Roleplay eh? Maybe I can do this, but lets make it more interesting. I decide to roleplay a Russian soldier who got really drunk and then woke up in US army uniform in a US staging base mid-conflict. Way more fun. I mutter some unintelligible, Russian accented mutterings into voice coms in responce to the leaders orders and stay in the vehicle.

Seeing my chance I hit the hotkey to switch to the driver position. The squad leader is directly in front of me so I do the obvious thing and accelerate the 10 tonne vehicle up to about 30 mph towards him and then jump out. He collapses like a ragdoll as the vehicle hits him, barely time to shout more than a stilted cry. My first "kill"! The other two run towards me but clearly dont know what happened. I jump back into the humvee, switch to the roof gun thing, and mow them both down. This time the game credits my team kills.

I switch back to driver and head towards the frontline. Maybe if I see some Russian troops I can surrender and defect formally? I drive into town and stop mid junction. I can hear shootin all around me, but rotating the turret I cant spot anyone. I decide to shoot up a few buildings anyway, and accidentally team kill another US soldier who pops his head into a window at the wrong second.

Just then, the Humvee explodes somehow and seconds after that I'm banned from the server. I pat myself on the back for a first mission well done.
    Last edited by Lallante; November 29 2016 at 06:21:34 PM.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Gg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

So... this is Arma 2/3 but without the too-complex multiplayer? And smaller, but still large, maps? If so I could really go for this. Have wanted to do Arma3 multiplayer for ages but have never found a server that makes any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    So... this is Arma 2/3 but without the too-complex multiplayer? And smaller, but still large, maps? If so I could really go for this. Have wanted to do Arma3 multiplayer for ages but have never found a server that makes any sense to me.
    It's similar to Project reality

Can someone give me a guide on how to make playing this fun (without joining a try hard squad of 10 people and using full on military tactics to get 1 kill every 15 mins or so from extreme range)?

Is there any fun way to play solo?

Maybe I need to be in a drunk squad with some FHC teammates?
    Last edited by Lallante; November 30 2016 at 10:25:31 AM.

Sounds like you want to play Insurgency tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordin Varglund View Post
    Sounds like you want to play Insurgency tbh.
    "Grind: Now available in RL" you mean?

That would be ArmA. Squad really isn't that grind heavy, I suspect it's just more that you're not used to how the FPS genre goes. Basically, the type of gameplay you're asking for is pretty much the standard CoD/BF formula. Quick run and gun on small maps with low transit times due to forward spawns and vehicles etc. What Squad tries to do (and is very successful at) is merge the easy jump in and play aspect of said games, with the more teamplay oriented mil-sim style of ArmA, where most games are organized and pre-planned with set missions and goals on huge maps. It's perfectly viable to just jump in for 30 min of fun in Squad, as you would in CoD or BF, but to have much effect it's really a necessity to join a squad and try to work together, as otherwise you'll be forced to run from your starting base every time and you will also be restricted to shit classes and no vehicles. That's not a mistake, it's by design.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

Can someone give me a guide on how to make playing this fun (without joining a try hard squad of 10 people and using full on military tactics to get 1 kill every 15 mins or so from extreme range)?

Is there any fun way to play solo?

Maybe I need to be in a drunk squad with some FHC teammates?
    You can't really.

its fun if you do a balls to the wall close combat infantry squad, use as many deployables as you are allowed and have a squad leader that constantly gets transport for the squad via another squads helo or APC but i never play it anymore so good luck

pretty much my experiance too tho, its just not much fun... too many tryhards.

the mechanics already make it quite realistic, no need to go all full metal retard on it too.

How do I change weapons / gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post

You can't really.