hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Thread: Antivirus is shit, everything is compromised, etc etc (Cybersecurity thread)

Also:

The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    So, certs.

So Trustico ...

as root even :3

This just keeps getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post
    I alreay laughed out loud when they - asked to provide a reason for why 50k (their initial request) certificates should be invalidate, they provided them 23k private keys ... which they should not own in the first place, let alone distribute them to a 3rd party.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post
    I alreay laughed out loud when they - asked to provide a reason for why 50k (their initial request) certificates should be invalidate, they provided them 23k private keys ... which they should not own in the first place, let alone distribute them to a 3rd party.
    Best bit in my book was
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    as root even :3
    meta

... aaaand it's gone. (Trustico)

Trustico website goes dark after someone drops critical flaw on Twitter.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Yet another reason to use whitelist extensions like NoScript:

https://arstechnica.com/information-...ng-mining-ads/
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    ... aaaand it's gone. (Trustico)

Trustico website goes dark after someone drops critical flaw on Twitter.
    Sits back BTW.. I'm guessing they fixed their very obvious security flaw.. I'm sure they have many more flaws laying around.. Someone should find one and use it to update their website with a statement of what a shit job they did at security.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I see what he's doing, but I have to ask: what does "rtl" stand for.

right to left?

Indeed.

Shows how blind one can get (or how clever one's brain is at "autocorrection"). I literally stared minutes at the video, rewinding, watching again, didn't get it. I swear that there always was a proper "https://" at the right side of the URL, with the rest cut off (as it wasn't essential for the "magic") and therefore was wondering what nifty kinda trick he was using.

Have Intel taken out a 'Hit' on AMD? https://arstechnica.com/information-...ch-much-worse/

The flaws—in AMD's EPYC, Ryzen, Ryzen Pro, and Ryzen Mobile lines of processors—require attackers to first gain administrative rights on a targeted network or computer, which is a hurdle that's difficult but by no means impossible to clear. From there, attackers can exploit the vulnerabilities to achieve a variety of extraordinary feats that would be catastrophic for the owners' long-term security. Among other things, the feats include:

- Running persistent malware inside the AMD Secure Processor that's impossible—or nearly impossible—to detect
    - Bypassing advanced protections such as AMD's Secure Encrypted Virtualization, Firmware Trusted Platform Module, and other security features, which are intended to secure systems and sensitive data in the event that malware infects a computer's operating system
    - Stealing credentials a vulnerable computer uses to access networks
    - Physically destroying hardware by attackers in hardware-based "ransomware" scenarios

The advisory came with its own disclaimer that CTS—the Israeli research organization that published the report—"may have, either directly or indirectly, an economic interest in the performance" of the stock of AMD or other companies. It also discloses that its contents were all statements of opinion and "not statements of fact." Critics have said the disclaimers, which are highly unusual in security reports, are signs that the report is exaggerating the severity of the vulnerabilities in a blatant attempt to effect the stock price of AMD and possibly other companies. Critics also faulted the researchers for giving AMD just 24 hours to review the report before it went public and using a dedicated-website to bring attention to the flaws.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Gonna be a pretty weird and messy world going forward with how they're main enemies cpu wise but cooperate at the same time with the graphics in the new Intel cpus. Expecting hilarious scenes.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Any/any rules should be banned...
    Deny is OK. I use that one a bit.
    meh

Critics also faulted the researchers for giving AMD just 24 hours to review the report before it went public and using a dedicated-website to bring attention to the flaws.

One amusing and not entirely implausible theory is that it were a jab at the stock price for shady purposes. Apparently someone took the "your exploit needs a logo & website" jokes on Twitter seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    One amusing and not entirely implausible theory is that it were a jab at the stock price for shady purposes. Apparently someone took the "your exploit needs a logo & website" jokes on Twitter seriously.
    This has happened with publicly traded companies for decades. I'm almost surprised it's taken so long for something as tech savvy to happen.

Usually they just take a short position and announce dodgy financial practices. Taking a short position and shouting about a product being terrible seems quite new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.