hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Antivirus is shit, everything is compromised, etc etc (Cybersecurity thread)

My Win10 C: is 40GB used... fully updated, with dev stuff like several 100MB DBs (not much but more that just text log files).
    Are you counting SteamLibrary or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Sounds like a time to learn about Chocolatey and make use of it where possible.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    I've been rolling Win 10 insider slow ring since it was first released.

Bluetooth stopped working for about a week once, and that's the worst thing that has happened.

Also regarding Paint, IIRC Microsoft has removed it from active development... It's still included just fine.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    My Win10 C: is 40GB used... fully updated, with dev stuff like several 100MB DBs (not much but more that just text log files).
    Are you counting SteamLibrary or something?
    You realise Adobe apps are like 40GB on their own alone, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    It's not just the os but all the small things (and large ones too). OS is like blazing fast but then comes the myriad of installers. I already have a barebones essentials only backup so it goes past the next clickfest and reboots but that's the smallest of the issues. Updated drivers, utilities, toolkits, plugins, regular programs (hell, Adobe CC is actually p fast too), tweaks, shortcuts, work shit, play shit, etc. I've even got settings backups for my regular programs to make it easier.

Obviously the install goes on a SSD, it'd be more than retarded to have 64GB RAM and no SSD

Just as an idea, a full win install (and by that I mean with all the bells and whistles and supplementary stuff) ends up being ~1/2 of a 480GB SSD.

Sounds to me like you're installing and tweaking a lot of shit you think is necessary but isn't in the slightest. Judging by the attitude in the previous posts too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    It's not just the os but all the small things (and large ones too). OS is like blazing fast but then comes the myriad of installers. I already have a barebones essentials only backup so it goes past the next clickfest and reboots but that's the smallest of the issues. Updated drivers, utilities, toolkits, plugins, regular programs (hell, Adobe CC is actually p fast too), tweaks, shortcuts, work shit, play shit, etc. I've even got settings backups for my regular programs to make it easier.

Obviously the install goes on a SSD, it'd be more than retarded to have 64GB RAM and no SSD

Just as an idea, a full win install (and by that I mean with all the bells and whistles and supplementary stuff) ends up being ~1/2 of a 480GB SSD.

Sounds to me like you're installing and tweaking a lot of shit you think is necessary but isn't in the slightest. Judging by the attitude in the previous posts too.

Because of course you know what is and what isn't necessary to me I would write stop judging me by the attitude you think I have, but if you stopped judging altogether that would be great

Now, my desktop PC has no pirate software at all and I am rather frugal with what I buy. Trust me, 90% of what I have installed is necessary to me.

I mean, you do you, I'm just saying you're overcomplicating this thing a fair bit. Win 10 is fine, and holding back on the updates out of some paranoia when most issues can be fixed is not going to be particularly helpful. ^^

Let me rephrase that to you then ^^

If I update my win 10 install, will it burn down or not and what are the chances of that

Just push the goddamn button nerd. [please imagine this being said to you in a loving tone of voice]

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Let me rephrase that to you then ^^

If I update my win 10 install, will it burn down or not and what are the chances of that

Will what burn down?

pretty much everyone has support for Win10 now, alongside Win7 being steadily abandoned

Lol some indian dude with a flowchart that is "support" these days for every large firm. No offense intended towards Jolin or other competent Indians, of course.

This is the shit I'm afraid of - https://thehackernews.com/2018/03/mi...ility.html?m=1

Lol some indian dude with a flowchart that is "support" these days for every large firm. No offense intended towards Jolin or other competent Indians, of course.

This is the shit I'm afraid of - https://thehackernews.com/2018/03/mi...ility.html?m=1

Just wait 2 years and you won't have to worry about Microsoft releasing patches which break Windows 7.

> Posts a bug that was fixed and re-patched within a week as proof that you shouldn't install patches.

instead why don't you not patch spectre/meltdown and a myriad of other vulnerabilities because "you know best".

lol gg dipshit.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Dude. That's a bit uncalled for. I asked, I didn't tell. Learn the difference.

Cosmin being a doctor constantly amazes me but also makes me feel better for ignoring 80% of doctor's advice in the past year.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post

Just wait 2 years and you won't have to worry about Microsoft releasing patches which break Windows 7.
    This.

But no guise it's can only of happening in ebil windows 10.

Why pay attention to doctors when the daily mail exists
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Clearly Meltdown is proof that we shouldn't use Intel or AMD processors at all

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Cosmin being a doctor constantly amazes me but also makes me feel better for ignoring 80% of doctor's advice in the past year.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose.
    You should get over this, you've been repeating it as nauseam. Maybe the problem isn't with me after all? (Boasting you've been ignoring doctor's advice is telling imho)

Maybe the problem isn't with me after all?
    That isn't how it works btw.
    Boasting you've been ignoring doctor's advice is telling imho
    I ignored the doctor who told me to baby my back because I had a slight disc bulge, got progressively worse symptoms over 8 6 months until I started lifting again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.