hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Kill an Aeon For Kids: December 5 1900 EVE

Kill an Aeon For Kids: December 5 1900 EVE

This is cp'd from Bacchanalian's eve-o thread, y'all should stop by:

December 5, 19:00 Eve time. Thanks to CCP Logibro for working with me to make this happen!

Well it's almost time again for my 24 hour Extra Life gaming marathon. Many of you participated last year in my Kill a Nyx for Kids event in Ostingele. We saw local top out with over 900 players and my stream peaked at roughly the same. It was an amazing couple of hours that ended of course with my Nyx exploding in a glorious fireball in the one and only asteroid belt in Ostingele.

This year, with the very generous help of Goonswarm on relatively short notice, I've acquired an Aeon that will be sporting the shiny Khanid skin, and am planning a sequel to last year's event. Shoutouts to Mittani and Mirana Bal'ari in particular for the help!

To give a quick update to those who participated last year, we raised just over $13,000, the large majority of which came from EVE Online players. CCP matched $5,000 of that so the grand total raised for Children's Hospital Colorado was $18,407.

This year I've set my goal to $7,500 for now, and really hope we can get there. I've already raised $5,000 of that, but during last year's event we raised $5000+, so we should be able to hit that $7,500 easily and hopefully stretch that goal!

Importantly, this year I have started an Extra Life team with some friends, family, and some of my EVE bros. We dedicated the team to Savannah, a young girl who had been fighting neuroblastoma for nearly 4 years. She was friends with my daughters and the daughter of some high school friends of mine, and she was thrilled to be a part of Extra Life and looking forward to playing with us on November 7th. Unfortunately, her cancer won the fight in September, and now we are doing this to honor and remember her battle.

I hope you'll join the event, it should be a blast with explosions everywhere and culminating with a shiny and expensively fit Khanid Aeon exploding. The event will of course be streamed live on my Twitch stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

fin:

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...&kll_id=119677

This years event wasn't v. well publicized, comparatively. Bacch wasn't an AT commentator and we didn't get much firm commitment from CCP. Still, Logibro was a bro for helping to get our caps into position, and we spend a couple hours smartbombing our own drones and capping out when someone's client desynched and told them they were out of transfer range :S

And the goal of $7500 was passed, I believe as the Aeon was getting down towards structure, by a few v. large donations from v. cool peeps.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ruri again.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Congrats on reaching your goal. Respect to everyone that got involved. These community events really go a long way to show the decency of players in what was always regarded as a playground for griefers and scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Congrats on reaching your goal. Respect to everyone that got involved. These community events really go a long way to show the decency of players in what was always regarded as a playground for griefers and scumbags.
    Indeed. It's not like ~millions of shekels~ but it doesn't have to be to be worth doing. Maybe more events than just one a year would help raise awareness, but we do what we can.

Thanks for putting this up for me Ruri. Was a bit swamped last minute on this and didn't get all of my posts around.

Thanks again to Goonswarm for hooking me up with a bro price on the Aeon. I poked Mittens about this and he referred me to Mirana Bal'ari who arranged to get me an Aeon on pretty short notice.

Thanks to everyone who turned up, and everyone who donated. Was a great time and we raised a good chunk of change yesterday ($2,500 during the event--the first $5,000 I raised prior to that).

A highlight of the Aeon dying: http://www.twitch.tv/bacchanalian/v/28520963

And a shorter highlight that's my ramble about Extra Life and why I do this: http://www.twitch.tv/bacchanalian/v/28461167

Ironic, since a lot of people taking part would probably kill a kid to get an aeon.
    She did what?

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakrai View Post
    Ironic, since a lot of people taking part would probably kill a kid to get an aeon.
    Literally just about to post this...

Next time you should write the ultimate guide to fitting vagabonds and curses and release it as a donation drive stretch goal.

https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakrai View Post
    Literally just about to post this...
    I saw this thread title and was spinning up my own joke. FUCK

Goddamn you dudes is slow.