hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take to get you to re-sub ?

Release the soundboard m8

Poasting from my couch

Remove SP. I sold off my main a long time ago, and kind of casually did market/manufacturing and miner ganking shenanigans for a while but eventually just drifted away. I've looked into getting back into solopvp but the wall of having to wait ~5 months to be able to fly a well-skilled frigate just ruins any chance of me ever training another character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    The thing that always irked me about all the crying about risk averseness is that most of the people crying for it too are all extremely risk averse themselves - to me at least.
    I regularly welp into fights simply because I can, I find people who are risk adverse are thinking 10-20 times about engaging my Incursus in a fucking Hawk.
    If your sig is to be believed its your corp ticker, if i saw a snuff (or shadow for that matter) incursus trying to fight my af i would always assume links + max rep + blob 1 jump away (be it gates for fights at plex or cyno for fights elsewhere). The last time i fought a snuff person, the second he got in danger a cyno opened (and cause he was retarted and playing gategames he lit it on the wrong side, which sadly was 1 jump to far to be able to cyno to from his blob), much lols and much bling loot was had.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    The thing that always irked me about all the crying about risk averseness is that most of the people crying for it too are all extremely risk averse themselves - to me at least.
    If your sig is to be believed its your corp ticker, if i saw a snuff (or shadow for that matter) incursus trying to fight my af i would always assume links + max rep + blob 1 jump away (be it gates for fights at plex or cyno for fights elsewhere).
    heh

Smuggo
    I'd log in to defend the Trassler Moon Mining Emporium.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeves View Post
    EVE is too time consuming, I quit a bunch of times over 7 years I played, all because I got burnt out. This last time the game was in such a shit state that I haven't felt a compelling reason to come back.
    If my 5 man kitchen sink gang can get into fights without either getting shit on by 20 faggots with four logi and triage backup, or ganking garbage on a gate that didn't want to fight to begin with, then I might consider the possibility of coming back but I'm sure that's terribly unlikely.
    I'm getting a bunch of that in EUtz in Amarr FW. I joined on a whim but its probably the best fun per hour I've had since I started.
    My experience with FW is deadspace faggotry with cloaky friends, sitting 100km off warp-in waiting to warp off if more than a t1 frig lands, offgrid links on deadspace pirate frigs with implants/boosters/ect, or overwhelming fw fleets or pirate groups who jump on anything they can scout out. I don't blame any of these groups for playing like that since EVE pretty much calls/allows it, however last time I played it was
    either clubbing baby seals or getting roflstomped

What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

Eve was decent when real life didn't want so much time and there was a good group of friends to play with and entrust with all your assets, the paranoia levels of non-elite-finnish-corps are just too much and the annoying weedheads spewing 420 etc get old pretty fast in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Eve not being shit played by autists.
    Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    If the play base grew a pair and actually took fights instead of dodging 90% of the time.
    mostly, but also:
    - some sort of arena style pvp, hours of roaming without any fights just sucks
    - challenging fights: 99% of kiting fights are just sealclubbing and 99% of brawling fights are won purely by numbers/fleet composition
    - playerskill having a bigger effect on the outcome of a fight: give us energy management of various subsystems or a mechanic that increases hit chance or something else. This also intertwines with the previous point
    - reduce the size of 0.0, its too big for too few people
    - introduce deminishing returns or stacking penalties for remote reps/logistics

If those things would happen, i would considdern resubing, but mostly its the cancerous playerbase that made me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshnala View Post
    Maybe.
    If the play base grew a pair and actually took fights instead of dodging 90% of the time.
    mostly, but also:
    - challenging fights: 99% of kiting fights are just sealclubbing and 99% of brawling fights are won purely by numbers/fleet composition
    - playerskill having a bigger effect on the outcome of a fight: give us energy management of various subsystems or a mechanic that increases hit chance or something else. This also intertwines with the previous point

If those things would happen, i would considdern resubing, but mostly its the cancerous playerbase that made me quit.
    Agree, even if arena style pvp doesnt really fit in eve it is amazing fun.

If everyone treated the game as just a game, instead of thinking it should be more than that.

The ability to just play for an hour or two and get more than 10% action in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshnala View Post
    Maybe.
    mostly, but also:

Agree, even if arena style pvp doesnt really fit in eve it is amazing fun.
    If anything, arena style fights would fit in perfectly with the eve world. Arranged fights, winner takes all. And concord protecting the players from 3rd party dropping in on them.
    Would be freaking awesome to have 1vs1 or 3vs3 or whatever size they would have.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by progodlegend View Post
    All of your ideas are fucking terrible btw.
    This.

Also 20/month to buy a plex should allow for infinite PVP per month. No PVE required. Even in countries with terrible salaries that cant be more 2 hours of overtime per month.

So i had a friend quit 3 years ago. She positively hated the game for all the reasons listed here plus a million others. Gave away all her alts, all her money, and walked away from the PL community (which is more of a family than you might think, hence us having guys who haven't played in years still very socially active in the group) and never looked back.

She contacted me recently and asked about Horde, had seen it somewhere and it actually made her curious as to what was going on. I showed her the frequency that they got fights and gave her a brief overview of what Horde was about and it really piqued her interest.

She rolled a new alt and dove in (did you know you come out of newbie missions with like 20 mil now?). The new exploration astounds her, she loves it, she's actually 2 weeks in and has nearly 300 million just from doing exploration (never shooting a red X). She legit can't stop playing, something like 6-8 hours a night and its not because she has to play, she wants to play. The organizing of the new players, helping them along, showing them the things they haven't seen (and I quote: Oh god you guys are war dec'd by everybody I can't move) and guiding them through troubles.

And its not just her.

Other older players are starting to take a look at whats going on like Omeega (missed this man a lot) and somebody even woke this vampire up:

Sent: 2015.12.03 19:33
    To: xxxxxxx
    You guys doing great with new players Just telling you )

Its actually shocking how far they've come with all the complaints people have lodged over the years, and the game is in a fairly interesting place as far as mechanics go and the feel of fighting. The greater 0.0 area will even I believe work itself out over time as all of 0.0 seems united in the idea that just picking up and moving is a better option than fighting the last coalition in game and so for once 'weaponized boredom' might backfire on its biggest abuser.

Basically if you'd thought about it recently, theres probably no better time to get back into it than now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    What do you say, Grath? If I private message you some information about my family and me, would you become my spokesperson in confirming I'm telling the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Basically if you'd thought about it recently, theres probably no better time to get back into it than now.
    Or not... It's like you don't even know how to read.

Hey if you want to be a bitter denialist thats fine by me but I'm still going to preach the word brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    What do you say, Grath? If I private message you some information about my family and me, would you become my spokesperson in confirming I'm telling the truth?

Complete server reset. There, I said it.
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Complete server reset. There, I said it.
    I really dont think that would achieve anything at all.

Hey if you want to be a bitter denialist thats fine by me but I'm still going to preach the word brother.
    Nearly everyone posted why they don't play EVE is they don't have the time. The quality of life might be increased to some players, but the time sink seems exacerbated with shorter cyno ranges, jump fatigue, and warp changes.

Eve is actually pretty fun right now.

Come and fight the filthy slaves for the glory of amarr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.