hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take to get you to re-sub ?

Eve not being shit played by autists.
    Maybe.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

If the play base grew a pair and actually took fights instead of dodging 90% of the time.

I get loads more fights than I used to. People seem generally much more willing to engage now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Infinite Pinot Grigio and Marlboro Menthols and Stofelle moving to the UK
    Lazarus for Mod!!!1

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by david32 View Post
    Infinite Pinot Grigio and Marlboro Menthols and Stofelle moving to the UK
    Be 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

EVE is too time consuming, I quit a bunch of times over 7 years I played, all because I got burnt out. This last time the game was in such a shit state that I haven't felt a compelling reason to come back.
    If my 5 man kitchen sink gang can get into fights without either getting shit on by 20 faggots with four logi and triage backup, or ganking garbage on a gate that didn't want to fight to begin with, then I might consider the possibility of coming back but I'm sure that's terribly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

I would need to loose my job, wife and friends.

Then I would need to suffer a head injury that eliminated my ability to acquire a new job/woman/friends.

Then I would need to rebuild my tolerance for talking to shitlords on voice comms.

Then I would need to have my nutsack removed so that I was enough of a little bitch to act as a foot soldier for an alliance that farms its people for its leaders RMT activities.

Then eve would be a valid choice for me.

1 hour of EVE
    - Buy mods in Jita
    - JF mods down to home system
    - Fit ships. Load charges into guns/boosters
    - Undock, start running around looking for fights
    - MAYBE get 1-2 GFs in the 30 minutes you roam

1 hour of "insert almost any other game"
    - Load game
    - Load servers
    - Play for 58 minutes of non stop action

Most of the people I played EVE with during my prime no longer play. I don't have time to do what I truly love in EVE; FC fleets and lead a small low sec PVP group. I need game I can play for 30-90 minutes and jump out of. Not worried about logging off 20 jumps from home after a blueball op. EVE is not a casual game. People here will try to dispute that. But when compared to ANY other multiplayer PVP it's just not casual. I also just don't get the spark I used to get. I've killed supers. I've FCed capital fights. I've lost billions in ships. I can replace my losses without a worry through the isk I've sat on over 10 years of playing.

I'll never resub because the reality is I'll never have the time to dedicate to the game that allows me to enjoy it.

OP question response: stop being retarded?

On a more serious note: EvE, like any other RL activity, can cause burnouts if overdone. The game is fine in itself - super complicated space politics spaceships blowing up sociopath simulator 2016 - however this in itself means time commitment at least in a starting phase, otherwise you run out of monies for skillbooks at the very least. There aren't any compelling PvE activities tbqfh - I've done it all and it's shit when actually doing it, I think the prep is most of the work anyway and the execution means "don't get blown up in a retarded way". There isn't an experience bar to be filled up in inverse proportion to the social life you're having. There isn't a "ding" moment when you level up.

There is, however, the adrenaline of PvP, a rush that gets to you in a few seconds and can last for hours, the satisfaction of doing your best and be rewarded for it (usually by not being explodificated). Yeah, it can mean blueballs - hell, I fell asleep on the Titan whilst I was still in RnK, with LM's voice quietly purring in the background, what'd you expect? - it can be hours of patient waiting for that one minute of 110% intensity. It's one's choice to do it or not, invest in the game or not. The biggest issue is that people have less and less time, since EvE's playerbase is a lot older than with most other games. It feels like that Dexter's lab episode when Dexter wanted to be older to be able to stay up late and he overdid it by using a machine and ended up very old - by the time the movie started he fell asleep.

Imho, EvE is still the game to play - real consequences to PvP, not just a respawn somewhere, real rewards for advance planning - if shit hits the fan it's either because the others were better at planning or you missed something.

I just wish it'd have more players*, at the moment most of the PvP fights I've had were either vs farmers (nobody shooty back), elite people (close fights, gfs all around) or bait dude + 40 of his friends coming in and alphaing me. Nothing in between, not a dude let's say there's a 20% skill level difference. Either clubbing baby seals or getting roflstomped.

*people who don't cry when losing a ship, aren't risk adverse (ffs, it's spacepixels) and don't get spacemad from literally anything.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    I can replace my losses without a worry through the isk I've sat on over 10 years of playing.

I'll never resub because the reality is I'll never have the time to dedicate to the game that allows me to enjoy it.
    Your stuffs... You know <3

Smile

Meh I got main & alt just buying plex with my paycheck money and then log on to put skills in.
    Being small gang is best eve but sometimes other things get in the way of eve and or group activity goes down so less fun to log on solo to run shit, even going after a venture to gank seems like a chore lol.
    Feels like a player my age should have aquired more isk from what i read around online but i got to work 8 h a day and stuff compared to when i was a unemployed when i got into eve.
    Maybe a solution could be to stop reading dev blogs and stop loggin on and just waiting a month or 2 and eve will feel more exciting again?
    Last edited by Janeway84; December 3 2015 at 06:22:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    OP question response: stop being retarded?

On a more serious note: EvE, like any other RL activity, can cause burnouts if overdone. The game is fine in itself - super complicated space politics spaceships blowing up sociopath simulator 2016 - however this in itself means time commitment at least in a starting phase, otherwise you run out of monies for skillbooks at the very least. There aren't any compelling PvE activities tbqfh - I've done it all and it's shit when actually doing it, I think the prep is most of the work anyway and the execution means "don't get blown up in a retarded way". There isn't an experience bar to be filled up in inverse proportion to the social life you're having. There isn't a "ding" moment when you level up.

There is, however, the adrenaline of PvP, a rush that gets to you in a few seconds and can last for hours, the satisfaction of doing your best and be rewarded for it (usually by not being explodificated). Yeah, it can mean blueballs - hell, I fell asleep on the Titan whilst I was still in RnK, with LM's voice quietly purring in the background, what'd you expect? - it can be hours of patient waiting for that one minute of 110% intensity. It's one's choice to do it or not, invest in the game or not. The biggest issue is that people have less and less time, since EvE's playerbase is a lot older than with most other games. It feels like that Dexter's lab episode when Dexter wanted to be older to be able to stay up late and he overdid it by using a machine and ended up very old - by the time the movie started he fell asleep.

Imho, EvE is still the game to play - real consequences to PvP, not just a respawn somewhere, real rewards for advance planning - if shit hits the fan it's either because the others were better at planning or you missed something.

I just wish it'd have more players*, at the moment most of the PvP fights I've had were either vs farmers (nobody shooty back), elite people (close fights, gfs all around) or bait dude + 40 of his friends coming in and alphaing me. Nothing in between, not a dude let's say there's a 20% skill level difference. Either clubbing baby seals or getting roflstomped.

*people who don't cry when losing a ship, aren't risk adverse (ffs, it's spacepixels) and don't get spacemad from literally anything.
    The thing that always irked me about all the crying about risk averseness is that most of the people crying for it too are all extremely risk averse themselves - to me at least.
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I promise to log in if wolf promises to stop posting about eve online on FHC
    you log in anyways

cause you're addicted to "onliné"
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Bring back 2006. But since that isn't possible I will happily remain gone from this game.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    A group of fun people to play it with. And yes I'm too lazy to find a new one myself now.

Also loads more time, as it feels like I'm either playing EVE or I'm playing other games, but not both.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I promise to log in if wolf promises to stop posting about eve online on FHC
    /me looks for new corp

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    The thing that always irked me about all the crying about risk averseness is that most of the people crying for it too are all extremely risk averse themselves - to me at least.
    I regularly welp into fights simply because I can, I find people who are risk adverse are thinking 10-20 times about engaging my Incursus in a fucking Hawk.

Going full Haffrage

Poasting from my couch

Quote Originally Posted by Keeves View Post
    EVE is too time consuming, I quit a bunch of times over 7 years I played, all because I got burnt out. This last time the game was in such a shit state that I haven't felt a compelling reason to come back.
    If my 5 man kitchen sink gang can get into fights without either getting shit on by 20 faggots with four logi and triage backup, or ganking garbage on a gate that didn't want to fight to begin with, then I might consider the possibility of coming back but I'm sure that's terribly unlikely.
    I'm getting a bunch of that in EUtz in Amarr FW. I joined on a whim but its probably the best fun per hour I've had since I started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

THE PUNISHED
    I did, 2 months ago. For a week. Spent all the isk I'd ever earned, retarded officer loss mails were had. Had good times. Will never be touching eve again.