Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: TMA no/low carb diets

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Is it really a chug if it's only half?
    Yeh it's 1 chug. Not CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG AYYYYYYYYY

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Been chugging half my protein shake before training, half after,
    yeah that's fine. whey protein is digested within 30 minutes of ingesting.

As you get older and your body stops reacting to small hits of protein (protein insensitivity), you'll need to switch to drinking the whole shake at once (or, as previously mentioned, some sneaky leucine)
    what's MCT?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-chain_triglyceride

Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are triglycerides whose fatty acids have an aliphatic tail of 6–12 carbon atoms
    Note: while C-12:0 (aka lauric acid) is chemically a MCT, biochemically it is not, and must be processed by the liver (it doesn't take that long to do so it's not a huge hurdle)

Coconut oil is about 60% full of MCTs, but half of that is C-12. Either way, most people don't get anywhere near enough MCTs in their diet so it's fine.

MCTs passively diffuse from the GI tract to the portal system (longer fatty acids are absorbed into the lymphatic system) without requirement for modification like long-chain fatty acids or very-long-chain fatty acids. In addition, MCTs do not require bile salts for digestion. Patients who have malnutrition, malabsorption or particular fatty-acid metabolism disorders are treated with MCTs because MCTs do not require energy for absorption, use, or storage.

Medium-chain triglycerides are generally considered a good biologically inert source of energy that the human body finds reasonably easy to metabolize. They have potentially beneficial attributes in protein metabolism, but may be contraindicated in some situations due to a reported tendency to induce ketogenesis and metabolic acidosis.[12] However, there is other evidence demonstrating no risk of ketoacidosis or ketonemia with MCTs at levels associated with normal consumption.[13]

Due to their ability to be absorbed rapidly by the body, medium-chain triglycerides have found use in the treatment of a variety of malabsorption ailments.
    Last edited by Sponk; June 2 2018 at 11:46:40 AM.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."