hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

or you can just run along the coast on shoreline and stack up loot with no hassle or waiting around for ages. for some reason people don't seem to loot garage that often. don't like running through fire i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    or you can just run along the coast on shoreline and stack up loot with no hassle or waiting around for ages. for some reason people don't seem to loot garage that often. don't like running through fire i guess.
    Best scav spot.. If you find nothing it's usually burnt enough time that the gun fight in the spa has happened and you can pick off the dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    :russiandevs:

Turns out, netcode is really really hard, even for big experienced devs.

i dont see what poeple are getting all worked up about. they bitch about netcode from one video and the devs say they are sorting it out and you cant judge the entire game from one video

There was quite a lot of desynching and disconnects a month ago or so, due to them stresstesting their serverpark. Not really had many issues in that regard in the last 2-3 weeks.

It still happens but it's not as bad.. They haven't fixed anything, it's just the whole system isn't being smashed..

This game is realistically over a year away. It'll get better with stuff like this.

Hell, if they can make it so the interface doesn't randomly render fucked up text then they will be doing better than pubg.

After the complaints they even said they are trying to fix it before going open beta instead of during. Really can't see the drama here.
    They prioritize netcode for a while now if you read what the Devs said.

Sent from my Metal using Tapatapatatalk

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    After the complaints they even said they are trying to fix it before going open beta instead of during. Really can't see the drama here.

According to this the devs won't update the unity engine (and thus netcode) running the game before it is in open beta

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

According to this the devs won't update the unity engine (and thus netcode) running the game before it is in open beta

This is exactly the video from reddit I guess?
    Dev answered to that thread that they will update it before OBT because of all the problems just getting worse with higher player count.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Dunno, it popped up in my youtube feed. Video was uploaded yesterday. Kind of strange they would give two conflicting views on this (the devs I mean)

Dunno, it popped up in my youtube feed. Video was uploaded yesterday. Kind of strange they would give two conflicting views on this (the devs I mean)
    With russians I think loads of stuff gets lost in translation so to speak. Figures of speech and actual language sometimes give false impressions. But russians being untrustworthy as fuck does not help.

The dev who posts on reddit alot at first said they are going to implement netcode changes during open beta, queue huge outcry because that is actually stupid. And he later commented in the same thread they are working on it now and want to fix as much as possible before going open beta.

Either he backtracked hard after the outcry or he actually wanted to say they want to implement some fixes before/at the start of open beta. Releasing to the public with the netcode right now would be horrible, so I hope he meant fixing first.

With russians I think loads of stuff gets lost in translation so to speak. Figures of speech and actual language sometimes give false impressions. But russians being untrustworthy as fuck does not help.

The dev who posts on reddit alot at first said they are going to implement netcode changes during open beta, queue huge outcry because that is actually stupid. And he later commented in the same thread they are working on it now and want to fix as much as possible before going open beta.

Either he backtracked hard after the outcry or he actually wanted to say they want to implement some fixes before/at the start of open beta. Releasing to the public with the netcode right now would be horrible, so I hope he meant fixing first.
    Yeah you're probably not wrong. I think my time spent in war thunder made me actively racist when it comes to Russian devs, can't trust what they say at all anymore. Could be either, hope they get on it before open beta as that would probably be catastrophic yeah.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Paid alpha.

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Paid alpha.
    P. much. Devs calling it "beta" is clearly just twisting the truth for marketing purposes

Abandon ship!

Dear players, we would like to inform you that we are aware of the existing problems and are working steadily for implementation of reliable and high-performance networking code. Our upcoming updates are aimed at improving quality and speed of the network communication in game.

We are glad to introduce to you the preliminary patch notes 0.7.4.** of the upcoming patch. We'll install in near future.

THERE WILL BE NO WIPE!

Added:

New helmet 6B47
    NSPU-M Night scope
    The Rotor 43 tube adapter for AS Val
    Surefire XC1 Tactical flashlight
    Glock Tactical GL21 combined flashlight and laser designator block
    Hera Arms CQR Tactical grip
    Hera Arms CQR Pistol grip
    Vendetta precision VP-09 Muzzle brake
    Added mechanics for weapons mods exception and installation prevention. At the moment, for test purposes, it is only implemented on the new weapons and mods.
    Added 5 new Therapist quests
    Added maps of “Azure Coast” health resort and the Shoreline location
    Content that will be unlocked sometime after the launch of the patch:

New trader, Mechanic
    Glock 17 Gen3 9x19 in standard issue kit and 30 mods for it
    Optimizations:

Server performance optimization
    The first iteration of the network code optimization is complete
    Fixed:

Visual artifacts when switching magnification modes on certain optical sights
    Insurance now displays the correct time remaining until return, if it exceeds the 24 hours
    Fixed bugs with gaining trader loyalty levels and its correct display on screen
    Quick access pane is now properly displayed in the raid with the option "always show UI elements"
    The Complete and OK buttons are no longer duplicated
    The stack separation window now shows the total number of stack items (previously capped at to 4 characters)
    Location deployment time increased to 20 seconds
    When moving from the letter, money is now moved to the stash via CTRL + CLICK
    At the lobby screen, your friends now appear just below your nickname
    At the item transfer screen, you can now open containers, vests, backpacks, etc.
    The number of deaths and kills in the statistics is no longer duplicated
    Changes:

ALT + click now sets equipment into the free character slot
    Changed priority of item moving
    CTRL + CLICK now move any magazine immediately into the vest/chest rig
    Any item obtained through trade or modification of weapons will be moved to character’s stash
    Character can try to jump with broken legs or legs with 0 hp, takes damage when landing
    You can no longer hold breath without aiming
    Friends are displayed on top of the global chat
    Changed the relation between stamina recovery and the amount of stamina remaining, depending on the amount of energy the character has. At 0 energy stamina recovers more slowly and gets spent faster

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I am inherently distrustful of any game that refuses to launch on Steam so they don't have to honor refunds, looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    I am inherently distrustful of any game that refuses to launch on Steam so they don't have to honor refunds, looks like I was right
    You can hate a game you've never played as much as you want, i'm thoroughly enjoying myself with it thus far. I am treating it like I would any game I back on kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    You can hate a game you've never played as much as you want, i'm thoroughly enjoying myself with it thus far. I am treating it like I would any game I back on kickstarter.
    Where did I say I hated the game?

My issue is with the developers themselves