hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

There's always some group running around chasing every noise, always a pleasure to tap them from a bush or clever corner. No one should judge ya for that.

It's the strongest way to play the game and BSG keeps buffing the shit out of it

https://twitter.com/bstategames/stat...464773121?s=21

Anyone notice anything different?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    Imagine playing within 6 hours of patch. (dont do it never ends well)

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Imagine playing within 6 hours of patch. (dont do it never ends well)
    I did one for shits and giggles big desync NBS

I have officially become too successful for the place I'm in Tarkov. Basically full inventory with a lot of loot scavenged but unable to unload on the flea market because still not level 10 yet (getting there, I'm 7 atm ).

Time for some yolo PMC runs.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I spent a good 30 mins cleaning house yesterday in tarkov. You've now found the real game here, congrats.

A game of loot, and how to store it.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

After endless efforts I made it to level 10. Managed to do a bunch of hideout upgrades (gun theorycrafting in game ftw), and after end-game gearing myself head to toe I'm still sitting on 1.2m rubles + the capitalist coin I got with the EoD edition of the game.

Overall I love the game, I kinda loathe another inevitable wipe but most likely I'll level up much quicker now so there's a silver lining. I think level 10 for Flea Market though is unreasonable for people on their first playthrough and without friends, game is brutal enough as it is without being locked out of gear and a way to make actual money by selling loot found by playing the game, I feel a lot of EvE Online schools of thought creeping into this game and having been there I'm unsure how to feel about it. At least this time I'm on the ground floor with good friends and awesome players so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    After endless efforts I made it to level 10. Managed to do a bunch of hideout upgrades (gun theorycrafting in game ftw), and after end-game gearing myself head to toe I'm still sitting on 1.2m rubles + the capitalist coin I got with the EoD edition of the game.

Overall I love the game, I kinda loathe another inevitable wipe but most likely I'll level up much quicker now so there's a silver lining. I think level 10 for Flea Market though is unreasonable for people on their first playthrough and without friends, game is brutal enough as it is without being locked out of gear and a way to make actual money by selling loot found by playing the game, I feel a lot of EvE Online schools of thought creeping into this game and having been there I'm unsure how to feel about it. At least this time I'm on the ground floor with good friends and awesome players so there's that.
    It just takes a bit of getting used to and youll be hitting 10 in your first sitting in no time

Fuuuuuck setup what an absolute pain of a quest

is that the retarded shotgun quest?

Probably this one. Edit: from my experience with Customs maybe just rush for an extraction point and camp there with the shotgun?

Yeah, my point was that for somebody just getting into Tarkov - without any friends to guide and help them - they'll be absolutely put off by the "get to level 10 when the game actually starts". Not to mention you can't buy any decent food ffs - crackers are 14k and they provide 10 energy. Yes you can scavenge for food, but that requires game knowledge and where to find it - not great stuff. Water costs 14k per bottle. You need either to rush for extracts and get not a lot of XP on the way or die horribly on the way without any way of meaningful progress.

Again, if you already went through a wipe it's easy af, if you didn't and this is your first time starting Tarkov - you'll be in for a game that actively works against you most of the times, just as EvE used to (and still is to a certain degree).
    Last edited by Cosmin; March 8 2021 at 11:20:20 AM.

First time through tarkov in October it took me maybe 6 weeks to get to 10.
    Second time at Christmas took 3 days of 4-6hrs a day over christmas.

Yeah, my point was that for somebody just getting into Tarkov - without any friends to guide and help them - they'll be absolutely put off by the "get to level 10 when the game actually starts". Not to mention you can't buy any decent food ffs - crackers are 14k and they provide 10 energy. Yes you can scavenge for food, but that requires game knowledge and where to find it - not great stuff. Water costs 14k per bottle. You need either to rush for extracts and get not a lot of XP on the way or die horribly on the way without any way of meaningful progress.
    lol nop. about the only "rush to extract" that happened was with Rye Crackers or a Gas Analyzer.
    Pre-10 just alternate scav runs. Hell, pre 20 or 30 alternate scav runs. it's fine.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    is that the retarded shotgun quest?
    Yeah it wasn't to bad since customs is a battle map but I never see this many chads when im out with good gear.

Probably this one. Edit: from my experience with Customs maybe just rush for an extraction point and camp there with the shotgun?

First of all don't extract camp it makes you a dickhead. There is so much food scattered around almost every map you never need to buy any, check the gym bags and scav backpacks if you get really desperate somehow

Anyone have a good idea as to what to make from the hideout profitably? I found this calculator, but a calculator doesn't always equal reality.

First of all don't extract camp it makes you a dickhead. There is so much food scattered around almost every map you never need to buy any, check the gym bags and scav backpacks if you get really desperate somehow
    Yeah, it's definitely dishonourubruh. I don't really care

Again, what you're saying is pretending you know the game and maps. I dropped in on Woods as a PMC solo to check out the map offline. I thought I got a pretty good idea. Then dropped online, also solo. Died of hunger because couldn't find any food - spawns are random, both where you drop and where you find food. Yeah, there was food on the map, but you need good knowledge, knowledge you don't have on your first playthrough. Hell, even had a map opened on the second screen, not really helpful when you don't know where the fk you are in the middle of a huge map with a distinct lack of landmarks and what not. I pride myself on having good orientation and it usually works but on Woods that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Again, when you look at it through the lens of somebody who played already through 1-10, it's easy. Ditch that lens and see how that works (I know, it's hard).

Yeah, it's definitely dishonourubruh. I don't really care

Again, what you're saying is pretending you know the game and maps. I dropped in on Woods as a PMC solo to check out the map offline. I thought I got a pretty good idea. Then dropped online, also solo. Died of hunger because couldn't find any food - spawns are random, both where you drop and where you find food. Yeah, there was food on the map, but you need good knowledge, knowledge you don't have on your first playthrough. Hell, even had a map opened on the second screen, not really helpful when you don't know where the fk you are in the middle of a huge map with a distinct lack of landmarks and what not. I pride myself on having good orientation and it usually works but on Woods that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Again, when you look at it through the lens of somebody who played already through 1-10, it's easy. Ditch that lens and see how that works (I know, it's hard).
    What did you drop into the map with 0 energy to start with? You can also just passivly regen both food and water

Anyone have a good idea as to what to make from the hideout profitably? I found this calculator, but a calculator doesn't always equal reality.
    https://tarkov-market.com/hideout