hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

Freaking hell this game.

Customs map, I spawn east on the boilers, need to go to the construction side for a quest, so I only go in with a pistol plus 1 mag.

Right out from the first building I hear a dude right behind me so I turn round to see him enter another factoryhall. I sneak in behind him but he sits in a corner waiting for me already. I get hit in the left arm by his pistol but get a fast headshot on him.
    Dude sits here with only a pistol but bodyarmor, big backpack, a 84(?) shot drum magazine on his pistol and his level 20 dogtag.
    Good loot already. But I put the huge magazine in my alpha cache to not lose it later on.

I sneak around the map to get to construction an barely get away from a scav patrol and I think at least one player. Ran as soon as I saw him, helmet and AR, would not stand a chance. But I found a dude he probablly killed and got another dogtag.

At construction I have a bit of a fight with 3 scavs and after looting I realize I forgot to refil my first-aid before heading out. So now I sit here, 2 Vepr, bodyarmor, tac-kit, backpack and my questitem while having a broken leg and bleeding from the chest with less than 80 HP.
    I know the shortest route to exfil is smuggler boat by the river but there is one potential spawn of scavs between me and safety. So I start walking, really slowly because of the leg and bloodloss, towards the river. Luckily the spawn point is empty but I get slower and slower every second. Health only show like 20 HP by now and I am still bleeding all over the place.
    I am now moving like a snail, would perhaps even be fast while prone and healthy but I am only meters from the fucking boat.

Spoiler:
    Loot from the run, I only brought the PM, 1 mag for it and some ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    with the 25% off i thought id look at this as its only about 24euro. what they dont say is that they havent included tax and then they charge for all their payment methods bringing the total back up to the price it was before the sale. ... il pass.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    with the 25% off i thought id look at this as its only about 24euro. what they dont say is that they havent included tax and then they charge for all their payment methods bringing the total back up to the price it was before the sale. ... il pass.
    I mean... I could say the obvious thing but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I get that maybe you didn't want it for that price and fair but still.

Hahahahaha, ok pass for me in that case.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    This game has such potential, it's amazingly fun.

Have been playing since the discount started (I got it like 20mins after it went on sale). Really like. Vepr and me are now close buddies.

Fuck needing to find Fort and a Kiver for skiers first mission though....
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Have been playing since the discount started (I got it like 20mins after it went on sale). Really like. Vepr and me are now close buddies.

Fuck needing to find Fort and a Kiver for skiers first mission though....
    Got the helmet yesterday when I duoed with shio but could not exfil as we got rekt by a sniper on woods.

Gonna be pissed if if get the standing hit because I did not know about the limit.

Sent from my Metal using Tapatapatatalk

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Was out with Izo yesterday on coastal map. Exfil was the tunnel, and we got about halfway across the map (to the power station) when desync started kicking in and we got killed by another player without hearing his shots, where he was and be able to react (because of the desync). I really hope they get to improve the netcode soon or that the server load decreases when the 7 day freebies stop playing.

I hope they change armor a bit. The fort is just far too strong right now.

8 hits, 69 damage done with a Vepr assault rifle is just a joke. 4 hits to the head while he was looting, 4 spread across the body and all he did was turn round and spray to get the kill. That is kind of frustrating.

Dear, Escapers!
    We wanted to give you a quick update:
    Matching time in EU and US are still long during the rush hours. Factory has the longest matching times. New servers are being prepared!
    \O/

Thank fucking god I managed to sell enough shit to Peacekeeper and he now sells me the medium body armor for around 200$ (20k rubels). No more shitty runs without armor hoping to loot some scavs.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Was out with Izo yesterday on coastal map. Exfil was the tunnel, and we got about halfway across the map (to the power station) when desync started kicking in and we got killed by another player without hearing his shots, where he was and be able to react (because of the desync). I really hope they get to improve the netcode soon or that the server load decreases when the 7 day freebies stop playing.
    ah, that maybe explains what happened to me a couple of times then. doing my thing when suddenly i'm dead with no sound or anything and no indication what happened.

Also i can't for the life of me find a factory key

game may have some bugs, for example this NPC using the moon as a lookout post

wtf is wrong with their download servers? 95 hours to download

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post

8 hits, 69 damage done with a Vepr assault rifle is just a joke. 4 hits to the head while he was looting, 4 spread across the body and all he did was turn round and spray to get the kill. That is kind of frustrating.
    Hollow point is terrible against armor.. Try the steel core bullets (I think PS?). Ammo type can make a huge difference.

Today I ran a solo scav and literally as I started could hear a fire fight so close that the shrapnel from the nades was hitting the wall behind me.. Somehow I managed to survive without anyone seeing me.. Stayed hidden in a bush for 5 mins until the shooting stopped (because lol pistol scav) and when I emerged I found the bodies and started looting.. One of the guys had a trizip (my first one) and I managed to stuff it full of all sorts of nice automatic weapons I cant get yet.. No idea what happened to the PMCs that won the fight because literally half the bodies still had tags on. Its possible an NPC scav caught them looting and shotgunned them because there were a coupe about still.

Made 500k off the stuff I sold and I still have a silences AKN and OP-SKS with a scope.. Scav runs are a great way to get you gear
    Last edited by Lana Torrin; January 7 2018 at 08:54:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post

Hollow point is terrible against armor.. Try the steel core bullets (I think PS?). Ammo type can make a huge difference.

Today I ran a solo scav and literally as I started could hear a fire fight so close that the shrapnel from the nades was hitting the wall behind me.. Somehow I managed to survive without anyone seeing me.. Stayed hidden in a bush for 5 mins until the shooting stopped (because lol pistol scav) and when I emerged I found the bodies and started looting.. One of the guys had a trizip (my first one) and I managed to stuff it full of all sorts of nice automatic weapons I cant get yet.. No idea what happened to the PMCs that won the fight because literally half the bodies still had tags on. Its possible an NPC scav caught them looting and shotgunned them because there were a coupe about still.

Made 500k off the stuff I sold and I still have a silences AKN and OP-SKS with a scope.. Scav runs are a great way to get you gear
    Very nice.

On woods, night raid, scav run I caught some pmcs looting the lumber mill. Fired some shots while in cover and then turned on the flashlight to light them up when the NPC's showed up.

Had some bodies to loot and the weapons cache was still untouched. Some more pmcs showed up and started a fight so I had to finish up and run to East gate unseen.

Scav runs are awesome.

do we have a list of people playing

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorNZ View Post
    people should write themselves in the table

http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...lse)-v2-better

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PraetorNZ View Post
    people should write themselves in the table

http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...lse)-v2-better
    I opened an ingame channel. Post you nick here or send me a friendrequest ingame.
    Kilabi, just like here.

Just saw those on reddit:

Not sure th reddit hotlink works. Shout if not and IŽll rehost.
    Last edited by Kilabi; January 9 2018 at 05:10:24 AM.

niggamate you can't hotlink an album, at least not with [img] on this foram