hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1724252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

all you need is a mosin with 3 clips anyway

URAAAAA

Tarkov doesn't have clips yet. It's really annoying

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

I would so love clips for the Mosin that would actually completely change the weapons utility esp. the sawn off.

Scav runs are how you recover from PMC deaths and allow -ve income to cost ratios, plus working out effective and cheap gear options you can work with.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Last two days were nothing but failure and I lost ca 500k in gear. I still have gen 4, that class 5 helmet and pimped out SKS but I refuse to use it because once that lost I'm left with nothing. Guess I'll only do scav and hatchet runs from now on.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    I would so love clips for the Mosin that would actually completely change the weapons utility esp. the sawn off.

Scav runs are how you recover from PMC deaths and allow -ve income to cost ratios, plus working out effective and cheap gear options you can work with.
    After 0.12 passive income and what seems to be a better loot table (and the fact that everything has value now on the flea market) compared to the previous iteration has made it easy to earn stupid amount of cash. That and you can craft the best 7.62x39 ammo in your hideout, I really don't find myself scaving much unless I'm just looking for a change in pace from going in with my PMC.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Last two days were nothing but failure and I lost ca 500k in gear. I still have gen 4, that class 5 helmet and pimped out SKS but I refuse to use it because once that lost I'm left with nothing. Guess I'll only do scav and hatchet runs from now on.

Go in nighttime on customs with a PP-19 and farm Rashala. His guards drop pretty good gear and he have a much higher spawn chance at night (and at that time he mostly hang out on dorms)

Shoreline nighttime and run for the hidden barrels and stashes. Or just loot the village in the SW of the map. Loads of jackets with amazing key-spawns and some hidden barrels also.

Or reserve if you wanna hatchet and go white king or tunnels from radar to white pawn.

I hate hatcheting but with the high value single slot items spawning around it is kind of a good option if you are really broke.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

Go in nighttime on customs with a PP-19 and farm Rashala. His guards drop pretty good gear and he have a much higher spawn chance at night (and at that time he mostly hang out on dorms)
    Go on one of the most pvp focused maps with a shit gun and just farm 5 AI's that may or may not be there!

Great!

Or, you know, go on Interchange and sneak around in the shadows following a loot map off Youtube, or as Kilabi says, Shoreline without going into the spa.

Quote Originally Posted by Izo Azlion View Post

Go on one of the most pvp focused maps with a shit gun and just farm 5 AI's that may or may not be there!

Great!

Or, you know, go on Interchange and sneak around in the shadows following a loot map off Youtube, or as Kilabi says, Shoreline without going into the spa.
    I'm going to ur mum, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Great!

Interchange is unplayable nowadays on low budget with everyone runing class 6 armors and sometimes even thermals farming 100 kills Killa quest in a squad. What works best for me is runing into office on customs, grabbing whatever there is and gtfoing to nearest extraction. Don't even try to engage anyone apart from some token scavs blocking your way. Factory is a mixed bag with a lot of people farming kills there too in twink gear, same for Woods with added complexity of needing to watch 360 all the time unless you hug border walls. Haven't tried Shoreline yet.

Woods was the first map I mastered, I get killed yes, but my first run in using NVG's I killed some dude decked out in thermal vision scopes and thermal goggles when he was sniping scavs, I waited to loot him because I was aware I was so far away from extract areas so I waited and another dude popped up to loot him and I head shot him, the gear was so good I felt like I was missing out on like 200k of shit, but I had landed and done all this within 10 minutes. Got to extract, heard no shooting the whole way to the zb-14 extract.I was unaware of loading into a map as a scav but the time was the same as when I went in, and since i take a predetermined route in most runs on woods i went in at night as a scav, hoping it was the same map I went to the area I had and fumbled around in the dark until I found the bushes I had killed the guy in, sure enough the rest of the shit was there!

I like alot of this game, I've lost some really good shit due to desync and bugs, but I feel like it's addictive and fun, even if you die to dumb shit or bad luck you get people the same way as well. I killed a dude because he choose to eat at the wrong moment, it's just satisfying as fuck to be the one that gets out alive.

Also rufuske, what about insurance m8? not all of your stuff can get taken all of the time.

Great!

Nighttime means less chance of getting spotted and if you do it will be close range where the PP-19 isn't really that shit (also considering it's only 19K rubles). And as I said rashalla and crew's spawn chance is really high on nighttime, and they are easy to farm on dorms.

Also good luck farming interchange with the killa quest in full swing, and sweaty 3-5 man squads with level 6 armor running around.

shoreline with an SKS/Mosin is my go to. plenty of space to avoid anything you don't want to fight. And you always have a significant advantage over scavs at long range. plus the decent loot spots are well seperated, so if you hear shit kicking off in one place there's a good chance there's other safe places.

it also seems to never really attract PMC squads, which is what always gets me on customs.

My recoil builds cheat sheet. Prices and mods from traders only.

Cheapest option for each % recoil only, no ergo scoring.

I've become addicted to sniping, and all the bullshit it entails. Also rushing high ground the start of the match on reserve nets me a few PMC kills all the time, you always start off fucked if someone can hit you fast or when you get into the early firefights killing the victor is so satisfying.

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Him and his mate AquaFPS are pretty entertaining to watch.

Yeah, they started popping up in my youtube, i am having a laff watching their stuff even tho i dont even play any of those games

edit: did they put mutants and zombies in Tarkov yet? God I wish someone does a Stalker mod in this engine
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

They are going to put in cultists at some point. I expect them to be terrifying.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Kinda hoping they nerf the backpack bullshit, it's frustrating to imagine a realistic hardcore shooter with magic bags.