hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 688

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

  1. #601
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,166
    Camped an exfil on reserves for a break from being murdered by fucking shit I couldn't see, wasn't intending on doing it but had to wait somewhere or exit the raid due to being on the phone. Ended up killing three heavily geared dudes with all sorts of insane shit and two p scavs. Insane how obvlious people are approachign exfils, I always clear with grenades or approach ready to fight, this was the least suspecting I've ever seen people, and two of them had killed other PMC's lol.

    It was boring as fuck but I know I'll go back if I ever should need roubles, shit was pure gold. They brought me a easy 1.2 mil of shit.

  2. #602
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,967
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    30k Nightvision, never fucked with my gamma and the nights when you can absolutely see nothing are pretty rare imho.
    Yeah the only thing hard about the thermal scope is having to flip nvgs up all the time. I havent' checked if you can avoid it with the 14s though.
    I gave the cheapest nighvision scope a try after some dude dropped one for me. Guess he'd looted it cause it was a day raid.
    But damn that thing was trash! Can't see a thing through it and for some reason it is zoomed is as fuck! So it's setup for long range sniping, yet it doesn't show stuff at any range at all. What am I missing here?

  3. #603
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    30k Nightvision, never fucked with my gamma and the nights when you can absolutely see nothing are pretty rare imho.
    Yeah the only thing hard about the thermal scope is having to flip nvgs up all the time. I havent' checked if you can avoid it with the 14s though.
    I gave the cheapest nighvision scope a try after some dude dropped one for me. Guess he'd looted it cause it was a day raid.
    But damn that thing was trash! Can't see a thing through it and for some reason it is zoomed is as fuck! So it's setup for long range sniping, yet it doesn't show stuff at any range at all. What am I missing here?
    Was it an NSPU?



    That shit is 60s tech so nbs.

  4. #604
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,967
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    30k Nightvision, never fucked with my gamma and the nights when you can absolutely see nothing are pretty rare imho.
    Yeah the only thing hard about the thermal scope is having to flip nvgs up all the time. I havent' checked if you can avoid it with the 14s though.
    I gave the cheapest nighvision scope a try after some dude dropped one for me. Guess he'd looted it cause it was a day raid.
    But damn that thing was trash! Can't see a thing through it and for some reason it is zoomed is as fuck! So it's setup for long range sniping, yet it doesn't show stuff at any range at all. What am I missing here?
    Was it an NSPU?



    That shit is 60s tech so nbs.
    Yup. that's the one.

    I don't get what it's possibly usefull for. Without the zoom it might have worked, but the fact that it scopes in at ranges beyond what it can render nightvision for just makes it useless.

  5. #605
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Yup. that's the one.

    I don't get what it's possibly usefull for. Without the zoom it might have worked, but the fact that it scopes in at ranges beyond what it can render nightvision for just makes it useless.
    Squad tactics on open ground with plentiful moon and stars or IR backlighting from friendly vehicles. So yes, literally useless for tarkov.

  6. #606
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    30k Nightvision, never fucked with my gamma and the nights when you can absolutely see nothing are pretty rare imho.
    Yeah the only thing hard about the thermal scope is having to flip nvgs up all the time. I havent' checked if you can avoid it with the 14s though.
    I gave the cheapest nighvision scope a try after some dude dropped one for me. Guess he'd looted it cause it was a day raid.
    But damn that thing was trash! Can't see a thing through it and for some reason it is zoomed is as fuck! So it's setup for long range sniping, yet it doesn't show stuff at any range at all. What am I missing here?
    https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.c...T_Night_Vision

    Those, not the scope version.

    If you want to try a scope take these:
    https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.c...ght_scope_3.5x

  7. #607
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,166
    Don't take a scope, you are just dooming yourself, take the 30k night vision

  8. #608
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    9,920
    I got 10 million rubles in my stash but still can't shake the habit of thinking like a rat. Every raid has to be a net + in loots. So I still go in with cheap gear, scav backpack and rush loot hotspots (nomnom interchange). By some miracle I have yet to meet exit campers on interchange even tho that is my most played map (customs second).

    Unless I play with paradox and I tag along for one of his kamikaze adventures.

  9. #609
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,088
    Marked room on dorms made quite a bit of money tonight

  10. #610
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Marked room on dorms made quite a bit of money tonight
    I've honestly never found anything good in there. Damn lottery.

  11. #611
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,088
    Went to factory in Killa Cosplay hit fire sprayed down a pack of sub 10s

  12. #612
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,088
    Everytime I try to kill scavs for quests I end up fighting pmcs and leaving with their loot or seeing like 2 scavs.

  13. #613
    Movember 2012 I Legionnaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,027
    Kinda burnt out on this game. The incessant bugs, shitty quests, and strength leveling pisses me off.

  14. #614
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,642
    I always take tolerance breaks because i donīt want to burn out. Early wipe gameplay is best anyway.

    As soon as cheaters find their way back in in volume or the servers take a dump because of a sale I take a break.

  15. #615
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,166
    DO you really have to do the quests after you have the stuff you really need unlocked? I agree the stutters and server shit wore me down a bit, now it's just too much free time is making it a bit of a bore at times, but I never run out of money even if I wipe three or four matches in a row the guys I'm killing are usually geared to hell and it pays for itself. I also bought a thicc case and cleaned up and sold shit I had been hoarding, built 5 of each gun I like to use and just made it easier to pop into a match after wiping right away. Made things way more enjoyable for me.

  16. #616
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    DO you really have to do the quests after you have the stuff you really need unlocked? I agree the stutters and server shit wore me down a bit, now it's just too much free time is making it a bit of a bore at times, but I never run out of money even if I wipe three or four matches in a row the guys I'm killing are usually geared to hell and it pays for itself. I also bought a thicc case and cleaned up and sold shit I had been hoarding, built 5 of each gun I like to use and just made it easier to pop into a match after wiping right away. Made things way more enjoyable for me.
    Only if you want the kappa

  17. #617
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,166
    I guess since I'm of the opinion the secure container should only secure things you brought into the raid and not things you can try to take out, ie hatchet runners and people using it as magic ass container, I don't want nor need one. I think the quests won't ever get better because it encourages people to buy EOD. I played a few to get standings up to LVL 4 but after that my interest went to zero fast, the game is easy to make money in and with a little time invested you can make bank by just playing smart. I mean ffs people pay for roubles from RMT, but at roughly a mil a dollar, I'm lost as to who is paying all that often for fucking roubles in a game where overall wealth is reset every so often?

  18. #618
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,088
    Spamming kedr raids has been a lot of fun lately

  19. #619
    Movember 2012 I Legionnaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,027
    I'm fine on money, sitting at around 12 million rubles cash plus euros and dollars. I tend to get fixated on one game at a time these days since a lot of stuff doesn't really interest me. Tarkov scratches the same kind of itch EvE used to back in the day, and generates the same level of irritation. Plus I'm old and bad at FPS.

    All good, I think I've just been playing too much.

    Mostly been running VSS/AVS/ACH/TriZip kits lately. I was running a lot of AKMs on outdoor Shoreline but I've gotten confident enough to join the melee in resort and farm some of the rooms I have keys for. I have run into a few Chinese players with weird names, but haven't died to any yet although some of them do try to exploit lag.

    Really hoping sound gets fixed sooner rather than later, it's rough not knowing where people are inside buildings.
    Last edited by I Legionnaire; April 7 2020 at 06:43:57 AM.

  20. #620
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,692
    are there zombies and mutants yet?
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •