hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3744454647

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    They are releasing patches to it continuously (scav karma) and improving it. Scav karma is not botched, even before the patches rolled in to fix various issues I'd say it was a huge improvement to the previous system.
    Not getting instantly slotted spawning in with a group of other scavs is really nice.
    There are still numbnuts who will kill you on sight but mostly PMCs are shooting at scavs nowadays. The meta is currently cosplaying a scav and hanging around their exfils. I got shot in the face with a shotgun point blank with 0.5s left on the exfil clock.

Then again now it's even more dangerous to play as a PMC because now there's a chance you encounter groups of player scavs which are quite difficult to deal with. Never happened to me, I still get sniped from fuck knows where and I'm not even mad - even though the last time I got head-eyed I was in a bush crawling like wtf. Anyways. Game's fun yo

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    They are releasing patches to it continuously (scav karma) and improving it. Scav karma is not botched, even before the patches rolled in to fix various issues I'd say it was a huge improvement to the previous system.
    Not getting instantly slotted spawning in with a group of other scavs is really nice.
    There are still numbnuts who will kill you on sight but mostly PMCs are shooting at scavs nowadays. The meta is currently cosplaying a scav and hanging around their exfils. I got shot in the face with a shotgun point blank with 0.5s left on the exfil clock.

Then again now it's even more dangerous to play as a PMC because now there's a chance you encounter groups of player scavs which are quite difficult to deal with. Never happened to me, I still get sniped from fuck knows where and I'm not even mad - even though the last time I got head-eyed I was in a bush crawling like wtf. Anyways. Game's fun yo
    been several rounds now that i've not been slaughtered by scavs as a scav, and fighting 10 scavs on reserve as asniper was well, awesome. Hope they refine the system a little more and really make scav on scav violence a miserable penalty, lots more fun when randoms are all screaming and shooting PMC's and raiders

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post

been several rounds now that i've not been slaughtered by scavs as a scav, and fighting 10 scavs on reserve as asniper was well, awesome. Hope they refine the system a little more and really make scav on scav violence a miserable penalty, lots more fun when randoms are all screaming and shooting PMC's and raiders
    They've upped the penalty for killing scavs from 0.01 to 0.05, and it scales with each scav you kill, so the second scav is 0.1, third 0.15 iirc

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Scavved in on Woods with 35k roubles then proceeded to loot lots of juicy stuff including an e-motor, 7/12 Surv Kit, moonshine bottle, Thor class 6. Proceeded to blow myself up on mines on my way to Outskirts because I was so paranoid. I'm still tilted. It's been a few days now. Send help.
    Last edited by Cosmin; August 24 2021 at 04:28:15 AM.

First death to cultists on customs of course on the first day of the wipe with good stuff in the inventory.
    At least I can count on my stuff coming back from insurance.

Like the changes on paper, looking forward on how that pans out with the fleemarket changes.

Inertia is odd, it forces you to commit to the peak and actually fight from the start. Which is cool.

But tarkov is tarkov.. died to mine walking forward on woods from my spawn point lol. No idea where I was, jsut 10x steps and boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Inertia is odd, it forces you to commit to the peak and actually fight from the start. Which is cool.

But tarkov is tarkov.. died to mine walking forward on woods from my spawn point lol. No idea where I was, jsut 10x steps and boom.
    There is a single PMC spawn on the mines side of the USEC camp. Everyone looks at the map boarder minefield and goes the opposite direction right in to the USEC camp minefield.

I really like inertia. I like how you have to commit. It makes firefights way more fun. You have to make real decisions to decide to push, which side do you push, listening to see what they do, etc. instead of "both side spam ADADADAD with full auto until one dies." It also makes dropping back and flanking a good move. This is probably the best patch for Tarkov ever.
    Last edited by Aliventi; December 13 2021 at 02:32:08 PM.

There is also one one further north, you can see the construction beyond the western minefield. If you wanna check that out right after spawning you run off the map and into mines also.

Inertia also means the game looks less like a fucking joke, it's also still very fast strafing just no longer insane wiggle worms everytime you don't kill all of the targets within a millisecond of each other. Hopefully they tweak it and it's not broken when people level strength. The skill system is dumb anyways but lots of issues with balance arise out of people gaming it since it's so powerful to be high level.
    Last edited by Jack Coutu; December 14 2021 at 10:41:35 AM.

Had three scavs now clipping into walls on customs. The sniper scav with M61 shooting you from 300m away is total horseshit.

Patch is cool content-wise, but quite a few bugs (lol shotguns), framerate drops, and undocumented changes that I'm not a fan of (gas analyzer drop rate nerfed).

wouldn't be a fat russian dudes company without bad to balance the good would it.

overall the things i hated most are negated alot, but yeah, hopefully the dumb "HEHEHEE slow them down by RNG alone!" stuff isn't used so heavily going forward.

Gas Analyzer was a bug afaik.
    Fixed today apparently.

Love the feel of the game now, looking forward to the recoil changes on higher skill/gear-level.
    Right now it just plays really well to my personal taste.

Game is in a pretty bad state imo. 5min plus queue times, fps drops, scav nuttiness.

Idk, this wipe went to hell in a handbasket quick.

People are absolute gluttons for punishment.

In what world do they think putting inertia in the game for PMCs but not NPC scavs was a good idea?

People are absolute gluttons for punishment.

In what world do they think putting inertia in the game for PMCs but not NPC scavs was a good idea?
    one where they've hired more competent graphics designers and no one is allowed to work on code because BSG's lead devs don't think it generates income

Ive had the game lag in inventory management, trader view, flea market and straight up crashing to desktop. Somejow star citizens latest patch felt more stable although bugs are plenty. Did love the airdrop boxes from the aircraft passing by.
    But bsg need to fix the lag and crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    Ive had the game lag in inventory management, trader view, flea market and straight up crashing to desktop. Somejow star citizens latest patch felt more stable although bugs are plenty. Did love the airdrop boxes from the aircraft passing by.
    But bsg need to fix the lag and crashes.
    There's like 500k concurrent players right now just wait a week

Have to imagine there will be quite a few credit card chargebacks going through next week

I hope so. While the game is in shit state right now because of the server problems i like most of all changes in the patch so far. So pulling the player number down again is a good thing for me personally. Especially as came back from a 10 day holiday and wanna start playing again without a queue.