hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

Thanks, already found that out the hard way Really liking the SKS tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshnala View Post
    Thanks, already found that out the hard way Really liking the SKS tho.
    Good. You'll be using it a lot. OP-SKS is a little better because you can mount the dovetail (plus the sights aren't so wonky) but the standard SKS is also pretty good.

I found once you learn to scav with your scav and not engage unless you have to, money was easy to find. Funding the PMC runs was always the hardest part for me but 1 average scav run could normally fund 3 or 4 PMC raids with basic stuff if you do them right, more if you actually find good stuff. You just need to avoid the player scavs that want to kill you, because engaging them will usually ago the AI scavs as well, so even if you win that fight you'll struggle to get off the map.

Tips for scaving:
    - When you start the raid as a scav you will ALWAYS enter the raid that still has players left in it. The might be another player scav or a PMC extracting, but 90% of the time its an active PMC.
    - AI scav will kill you for defending yourself from other scavs. You are better off running and letting the AI scavs deal with it.
    - You can kill players as a scav, you just need to be clever. I found a shotgun to the back of the head while they are looting is very effective.
    - Always assume PMCs are in teams. This is actually good advice for normal play as well.
    - You can strip mags out of most guns to reduce their size.
    - Put the big bulky guns in your 2nd weapon slot. If you have ammo for it also put one in your primary slot. Backpacks are for small easy to sell guns.
    - Everything is worth money. Take all you can, just learn what is worth more and what to drop in favor of the good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

basically eve: fps edition

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    never forget fucking gauze, splints and painkillers
    Tbh, you won't ever really need a splint, after they changed how you get broken legs. You can only break them via fall damage now, and not by being shot. After I noticed my legs never got broken from shooting, I stopped bringing splints and brought more painkillers/morphine.

SKS is freaking amazing for starters.

Also very important, watch ammo types.

SKS, AKM: PS for new players, dont use HP
    AK 5.45: PS if you have to, BS if you can, dont use PRS

Stuff to loot: https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Loot
    Ammo maintained spreadsheet by the devs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#

Been playing on LFG on Escapes Discord server, playing with randoms with random degrees of success.

Tonight played 3 rounds, died twice, probably get my gear back of one of those deaths. The one I survived I got a TapCo SKS fully kitted (fucking 138 recoil :O ) and a decent AK, amongst some random stuff.

Game is gud when its gud.

Quote Originally Posted by Izo Azlion View Post
    Been playing on LFG on Escapes Discord server, playing with randoms with random degrees of success.

Tonight played 3 rounds, died twice, probably get my gear back of one of those deaths. The one I survived I got a TapCo SKS fully kitted (fucking 138 recoil :O ) and a decent AK, amongst some random stuff.

Game is gud when its gud.
    Agreed, unfortunately when its bad its so amazingly cut you self open with knives and pore salt in bad that eventually it got to me. I will however be back in a few updates to give it another go. Its already better than it used to be with the lag/hit reg/etc.. im sure it'll all be fixed eventually.

Despite what all of the 'top end players' say, they need to weaken the fort/fast combo a bit.. Mag dumping in to them and the guy still standing is shit for gameplay and the better player didnt win. Better gear should not mean as much in this game. fort/fast should ONLY give you the opportunity to react to someone with lower tier equipment, not stand there dumbly and absorb the lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Didnt play much at all last patch due to the rampant amount of hacking.
    This patch feels like a whole new game!